***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was determined to watch the movie before going to explore the land next week...at this very moment, I am sitting in front of the computer, youtube open, the movie is $2.99 to rent...I was about to get it and then I saw the length...2 hours and 41 minutes...debating if I want to see it or not before going. My DD16 and I said that I would watch it and she wouldn't and we would compare experiences visiting the land with and without prior knowledge but man that's a long movie :D
I bought the movie from Amazon instead of renting it. I got the special 3-disc set that has all kinds of extras.

And very interesting that some of the rock carvers for Pandora had worked on WWOHP!:)

Orlando only has so many skilled craftsmen with ties to the theme parks so a lot of the little details in both major parks are done by the same people

Get yourself an Amazon Firestick. Get all the movies you want
thanks but I don't watch movies, we have Netflix but Avatar is not on. The only movies I watch in theaters are SW and MCU and one or another Disney. Just not a fan I guess.

Orlando only has so many skilled craftsmen with ties to the theme parks so a lot of the little details in both major parks are done by the same people
Yes-it is SO interesting,considering the INTENSE competition between The Mouse and Universal these days(with Disney trying for a Potter Swatter)that some of the same hands that helped build WWOHP ALSO helped build Pandora-The World Of Avatar!:)

First time at Disney and have a question.
We will be visiting first week of October, during extra magic hours. Should i not use fastpass on these new rides? Do them right at opening, then use fastpass on Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris & Festival of the Lion King.

We will be visiting first week of October, during extra magic hours. Should i not use fastpass on these new rides? Do them right at opening, then use fastpass on Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris & Festival of the Lion King.
You don't need a FP for Festival of the LK. Use a FP for one of the two Pandora rides because you could possibly spend the EMH hour waiting for one Pandora ride.

Definitely get a FP+ for one of them, or be prepared to wait 90+ minutes. My guess is a lot of onsite guests will have the same idea and will try to take advantage of the EMH. From my experience, popular new rides still have a decent wait, even during EMHs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter