*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previews tomorrow and Sunday's 1200 FP will be given out starting at 8:45AM.
I now see FP's available for today's show (Saturday) but nothing for Sunday. Hoping they show up later or tomorrow morning since I can't go tonight but would love to tomorrow!

Thanks for posting. I am at AK and they are giving bracelets out at the park again today for fast passes for DVC owners and annual pass holders. Stay to left after you enter and look for CM's with signs to get the bracelet.

I now see FP's available for today's show (Saturday) but nothing for Sunday. Hoping they show up later or tomorrow morning since I can't go tonight but would love to tomorrow!
They are only doing one day at a time. Tomorrow's will open at 8:45 again.

So i watched a few of the videos of the show from last night and then I see all the comments on various sites about how the show is not as good as it could be. Maybe I am easily pleased, but this show looks awesome. It is exactly the type of show that works for AK. I think it looks incredibly emotional, uplifting and beautiful. I am not sure what others are expecting, but perhaps the delay has caused people to have unrealistic expectations?

We have a dining package for March 4th but also got fast passes for that night.
Our plan is to see which section has the best seats.
When we did the jungle book I think I remember that the FP was more in the center than the dining package seats.
Is this still true for ROL ??

So i watched a few of the videos of the show from last night and then I see all the comments on various sites about how the show is not as good as it could be. Maybe I am easily pleased, but this show looks awesome. It is exactly the type of show that works for AK. I think it looks incredibly emotional, uplifting and beautiful. I am not sure what others are expecting, but perhaps the delay has caused people to have unrealistic expectations?
I think your last line is very true. The longer it was delayed the higher people's expectations went.

We have a dining package for March 4th but also got fast passes for that night.
Our plan is to see which section has the best seats.
When we did the jungle book I think I remember that the FP was more in the center than the dining package seats.
Is this still true for ROL ??
I would say no. This show encompasses the entire theater very well.

Really crossing my fingers I can score a FP for the 18! Or a wristband I've read about on these boards since I'm an AP.....

I think the wristbands are just for the soft openings; once the show opens for everyone on the 17th, I think the FastPass and dining package guests will take up the majority of the theater and there will be very little room for standby. I would keep trying for a FastPass if I were you.

Will they continue to hand our wristbands for AP all day? I have some other things today and probably wouldn't head over to the park until 5:30ish.

I haven't figured out if I want to upend my plans in March and try to catch this. I had a morning at AK planned, and FPs for Epcot that afternoon. Now, I'd have to either change to afternoon at AK and move my FPs to tehre (and RD FEA!) or RD AK, hop to Epcot, and Hop back to AK. It doesn't seem worth it (especially when I was actually going to hop to HS via walking trail for F! or SWAGS).

I guess, as it is looking, without an FP I may have no shot at it anyway. Oh well, I have a longer trip in the works for October, so I'm leaning towards not worrying about it.

Why not have breakfast at the Tusker House? Then go to Epcot for the afternoon and come back to AK in the evening.

Any idea how the dining package view differs from the fastpass+ people's view? Any better or different? Need help deciding which to book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter