***Official September 2022 Thread***

I suspect Sept will be crazy busy this year. The first week of December - usually a slow time - was stupid crowded. TP crowd levels were typical - some 3's, a few 4's and a 6 and 7 on the weekends - but because of staffing (I assume) the lines were long everywhere. MK on a "3" day the line for People Mover was 45 minutes - most of the day. I never got near the 120 minutes Jungle Cruise line.

And with no mask mandates and all entertainment back up folks who have put off trips for two plus years will flock to WDW in September.

But I'm still excited to go. Looks like I'll have a couple of old friends join me for part of the trip.
Hi @StageTek If you think its going to be crazy busy then I am a little worried........... Any predictions you might think on crowd levels? such as 3, 4, 5 or beyond ? I will be there the first part of September. Thanks for any insight.
[/QUOTE]
This worries me too… :oops: so much pressure because I’m bringing reluctant first timers. If it’s stupid crowded when I convinced everyone to miss school to avoid bad crowds, and if none of the awesome stuff I loved about my first trip are there I’ll be so sad 😞

I don’t need it to be level 1, but if we’re going to get up into the 6/7 range I might to adjust everyone’s expectations.

Hi @StageTek If you think its going to be crazy busy then I am a little worried........... Any predictions you might think on crowd levels? such as 3, 4, 5 or beyond ? I will be there the first part of September. Thanks for any insight.
Maybe 5's and above. I would not be surprised to see a few 8's in there.

I suspect Sept will be crazy busy this year. The first week of December - usually a slow time - was stupid crowded. TP crowd levels were typical - some 3's, a few 4's and a 6 and 7 on the weekends - but because of staffing (I assume) the lines were long everywhere. MK on a "3" day the line for People Mover was 45 minutes - most of the day. I never got near the 120 minutes Jungle Cruise line.

And with no mask mandates and all entertainment back up folks who have put off trips for two plus years will flock to WDW in September.

But I'm still excited to go. Looks like I'll have a couple of old friends join me for part of the trip.

It's possible, but my gut says, a busier than usual September, but possibly slowing down for travel and not as bad as it has been the last few months. I'm guessing with restrictions being lifted for foreign travel and likely low cases through the summer travel could be pretty high everywhere over the summer months. I think a lot of the crowds right now are rescheduled trips being caught up and the draw of a place without restrictions other than masks. With restrictions lifted in other places, Disney will lose a bit of the crowds to cheaper locations. Plus the 50th will be almost a year old.

At least for the early part of the month, the one thing in September's favor is its still mostly places going back to school and unlikely to have breaks as of yet.

We are booked for 9/21 - 9/28 at BLT. DH, DD (10), DS (34), DDIL, and DGD (will be almost 1) will be celebrating my, my DIL's, and granddaughter's birthdays :bday:

And yes, that is a 24 year age difference between our son and daughter 😆

It's possible, but my gut says, a busier than usual September, but possibly slowing down for travel and not as bad as it has been the last few months. I'm guessing with restrictions being lifted for foreign travel and likely low cases through the summer travel could be pretty high everywhere over the summer months. I think a lot of the crowds right now are rescheduled trips being caught up and the draw of a place without restrictions other than masks. With restrictions lifted in other places, Disney will lose a bit of the crowds to cheaper locations. Plus the 50th will be almost a year old.

At least for the early part of the month, the one thing in September's favor is its still mostly places going back to school and unlikely to have breaks as of yet.
These are my thoughts too. While it will probably be busier than pre Covid Septembers much of the revenge travel will have been "traveled", the 50th will be almost a year old and many schools in the south will be back in session. Still a "slow" time compared to summer and holidays. I can't wait...192 days and I just keep thinking how I would love to have park hours and be able to be making dining reservations at the 180 day mark.....like the good old days!

Putting the pandemic aside, who knows what the situation later in the year will be like with how things are going in Europe. I'm definitely keeping my knees bent for our travel for the remaining of the year (and others will be too).

I'm not sure if we have been added yet, but we will be staying (our anniversary trip), at the Boardwalk, Sept 15th-24th. We are excited!

@DaniellePoppins I am hoping the school back in will help as well. I will be disappointed if the levels are way up but me and my family are going to try to make a plan in advance if crowd levels are. Lower crowds is the reason we go in September but maybe it will not be like that anymore. I watch one of the youtubers (when I am off work) who is at Magic Kingdom every day. The crowds are huge and he says some days he has never seen such a large crowd this time of the year. Your right with restrictions lifted and trips that were cancelled in the past, and the 50th -- people are going.

We are booked for 9/21 - 9/28 at BLT. DH, DD (10), DS (34), DDIL, and DGD (will be almost 1) will be celebrating my, my DIL's, and granddaughter's birthdays :bday:

And yes, that is a 24 year age difference between our son and daughter 😆
Welcome in to the September 2022 Group @eksmama01 :welcome: Sounds like you will have some great celebrations with birthdays :cake: at the best place to celebrate!!!! Bay Lake Tower will be such a enjoyable place for your group to be together and have a larger space to stay. The 24 year age gap has its advantages-- No fighting over sharing toys etc :rotfl2: I will add you to our countdown list and look forward to "seeing" you here to plan some more!!!

Putting the pandemic aside, who knows what the situation later in the year will be like with how things are going in Europe. I'm definitely keeping my knees bent for our travel for the remaining of the year (and others will be too).

I'm not sure if we have been added yet, but we will be staying (our anniversary trip), at the Boardwalk, Sept 15th-24th. We are excited!
Welcome in @pigletgirl pooh:to the September 2022 Group!!! Congratulations on your Anniversary Trip - such a :tinker: magical anniversary celebration. I too am hoping everything goes well for our trips with so much going on in the world right now. The Boardwalk sounds great!! I always have to go the Boardwalk Bakery to get the Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake. (Yummmm) My favorite cupcake at Disney. I will add you to our countdown list and look forward to you planning with all of us here on the September Group!!!:tigger::eeyore:

Officially booked at Old Key West 9/23-9/30. Hoping to get 9/30-10/2 at VGF once the booking window opens this week.

Officially booked at Old Key West 9/23-9/30. Hoping to get 9/30-10/2 at VGF once the booking window opens this week.
[/QUOTE
Hi @okw19 I will update your dates and resort. Let me know if you book the Villas at the Floridian and I will update that also.::MickeyMo

Last edited:
Nothing takes away the "I just left WDW" blues better than booking another stay. Our DVC waitlist came through and we are staying at the Poly 9-15 through 9-22.
Hi @Brett Wyman and welcome in to the September 2022 Group!! Congratulations on your Poly reservation. 🌴🌴🌴
We all have to experience the "I just left WDW" blues but I like your solution :idea:!!!!! I will add you to our Countdown List and hope to "see" you here for more planning. ::MickeyMo

Villas at Grand Floridian was available for the end of our trip! So finishing it up 9/30-10/2 there! 🙌🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter