**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I just booked this party yesterday for July l0th. I kept waiting to book because I couldn't decide but finally just did it. I was surprised that they still had availability this close to the date I was booking.

so did kylo ren replace darth mal now in training at DHS? Do they have all the same stuff at the launch pad since it's outside? my son has turned into a mega star wars fan so I hope to take advantage of EVERYTHING

I think the "Launch Pad" you are asking about is for the fireworks. "Launch Bay" which is where all the SW stuff is and yes, everything is there.

They moved the fireworks launching pad outside the park now b/c of the construction.

That's what I'm reading here. We're going next month, and I'm getting a little antsy waiting for the info and dates to open up!
the schedule for each month has been updating mid month. So I'm expecting to have August hours by the end of next week

:drinking1Small questions really, and def not a deal breaker. It'd just help to know going in (and soothe impatience waiting to book for Aug lol)... For those who like adult beverages... I've tried to keep up with the thread, and noted reviews; but... #1 Any further input on the SW's drinks you liked best and why? (I typically shy away from sweet mixed drinks, but when in Rome lol...) #2 DH dislikes sweet mixed drinks to the point that SW's wouldn't even tempt him. I read the review of a man who was able to order Jack/Coke for the same reason (DH's go to is Rum/Diet Coke). For any who have ordered non SW's drinks, did it seem as though the bartenders were friendly/obliging; or did they seem put off? #3 Do the bartenders openly accept tips? (I'd def want to ensure I had cash if so). And feel free to judge me as a lush on this last one (not in everyday life, but hey-again in Rome, and not driving lol) #4 How big are the glasses they're served in? The small clear standard party wine size? (wondering if a bigger to go cup to combine more than one for fireworks after needs to accidentally find its way in my park bag:P) Thanks guys! Again, just small matters. But, it's the only dessert party we're doing that serves alcohol & more than likely; the only night we'll be drinking. (short trip for DD's surprise bday). I might just be a tad giddy over the opportunity to indulge :oops:

:drinking1Small questions really, and def not a deal breaker. It'd just help to know going in (and soothe impatience waiting to book for Aug lol)... For those who like adult beverages... I've tried to keep up with the thread, and noted reviews; but... #1 Any further input on the SW's drinks you liked best and why? (I typically shy away from sweet mixed drinks, but when in Rome lol...) #2 DH dislikes sweet mixed drinks to the point that SW's wouldn't even tempt him. I read the review of a man who was able to order Jack/Coke for the same reason (DH's go to is Rum/Diet Coke). For any who have ordered non SW's drinks, did it seem as though the bartenders were friendly/obliging; or did they seem put off? #3 Do the bartenders openly accept tips? (I'd def want to ensure I had cash if so). And feel free to judge me as a lush on this last one (not in everyday life, but hey-again in Rome, and not driving lol) #4 How big are the glasses they're served in? The small clear standard party wine size? (wondering if a bigger to go cup to combine more than one for fireworks after needs to accidentally find its way in my park bag:P) Thanks guys! Again, just small matters. But, it's the only dessert party we're doing that serves alcohol & more than likely; the only night we'll be drinking. (short trip for DD's surprise bday). I might just be a tad giddy over the opportunity to indulge :oops:
My favorite drink from the dessert party is the “First Order Finale”(Blood Orange Lemonade with Coruba Coconut Rum)
a good pic of the size of the cups
Star-Wars-Dessert-Party_16-027-534x600.jpg

tax and gratuity are included in the price, I haven't really paid attention if the bartenders are allowed to receive extra tips
if you haven't read this one, here's a review: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...s-dessert-party-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

I'm the driver for my family, so staying at Disney is the only time I drink. When my dr asks me how much I drink, I answer 1-2 a day for 2-3 days. She gets a good laugh. When in Rome! Hope you have a great stay and your daughter has a wonderful birthday!

My favorite drink from the dessert party is the “First Order Finale”(Blood Orange Lemonade with Coruba Coconut Rum)

tax and gratuity are included in the price, I haven't really paid attention if the bartenders are allowed to receive extra tips
if you haven't read this one, here's a review: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...s-dessert-party-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Just read the review, thanks for posting this. I had no idea this is what we signed up for. I was not expecting much beyond cupcakes and a few other treats. Wow, just wow. The drinks look awesome too! I hope the new dessert party is just as good. We'll be there with bells on July 24th Can't wait!:dance3:

Wow, that was a great and informative review! If the party is still pretty much as described, then Disney-shut up and take my money! Lol

Hi everyone!! We will be attending the dessert party tonight. I'm getting conflicting info and looking for help- where and what time should we check in and where and what time do we stand in line to go into the party? It's hotter than Hades today and would like to limit the time in line, if possible. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter