**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Is there merchandise for today? Haven't seen any pictures yet.
31910487_10216551516402732_3838410305340178432_n.jpg

31524441_10216551516642738_5022511000478285824_n.jpg

31882742_10216551516722740_2597080773005672448_n.jpg

and the pin

Heading back to the World for an impromptu Daddy/Daughter trip in June. We are doing the SW tour. I know we can do everythng on our own, but its a special trip and getting the lanyards, stress free sign up for JTA and SWAGS viewing area will be nice.

Off topic, I recently added to my Star Wars tattoo sleeve and thought I'd share. Here is "Order 66"

Mj61pJwl.jpg
dnWzXTfl.jpg

I'll be attending the dessert party July 12th. The fireworks are listed at 10 and my reservation is at 830. Is 830 when you check in?

Thanks!

I'll be attending the dessert party July 12th. The fireworks are listed at 10 and my reservation is at 830. Is 830 when you check in? Thanks!
8:30 is the official party start time, but you can check in much earlier if you wish. If you want to take advantage of the 15 minute early open "Surprise & Delight" if it's offered, check in by 8:15. There's really no point in checking in much earlier than that, you'll just be waiting for the food area to open.

8:30 is the official party start time, but you can check in much earlier if you wish. If you want to take advantage of the 15 minute early open "Surprise & Delight" if it's offered, check in by 8:15. There's really no point in checking in much earlier than that, you'll just be waiting for the food area to open.
Thank you! What is "Surprise and Delight"?

Just returned from our trip last week and did the SWAGS Dessert Party on May the 4th. It was amazing! Despite overhearing a CM say the party was sold out that evening, there were a ton of tables available for guests and the food was constantly replenished. CMs were everywhere, assisting guests, clearing tables, chatting people up. (Or giving directions to the bathroom 3x, in our family's case) Everyone was incredibly friendly. The line for drinks was never more than a few people long. Loved the savory options and the citrus financier and the pistachio cookie were my favorite sweets. Plus, we got a fistful of pixie dust thrown at us when we were chosen as Star Wars family of the night! Our kids are still talking about their walk with the Stormtroopers.

When we arrived at the viewing platform and I looked at the mass of humanity behind us...I felt like the cost was well worth it. We had easily 10-15 feet of space around us. Took the boards advice and went back and to the left, and got a seat on the ledge to rest our feet until the show started. The crowd was energized and I loved hearing everyone hoot and holler for their favorite Star Wars characters. Great night overall. Thanks everyone for the advice and info on this thread, especially @yulilin3 and @FastPasser.

Plus, we got a fistful of pixie dust thrown at us when we were chosen as Star Wars family of the night! Our kids are still talking about their walk with the Stormtroopers.
I remember you, I gave the check in host a wink and a nod that you should be the family of the night. We agreed and that was that. Glad that it was a positive experience.

I remember you, I gave the check in host a wink and a nod that you should be the family of the night. We agreed and that was that. Glad that it was a positive experience.

I have to admit...I was totally giving the CMs the my best side-eye wondering if Fastpasser was at the party! And you were!

Can't thank you enough, the whole night was so exciting. And we have our certificate on the mantle, in the frame - just like we promised. #nerdalert

I have to admit...I was totally giving the CMs the my best side-eye wondering if Fastpasser was at the party! And you were!
Can't thank you enough, the whole night was so exciting. And we have our certificate on the mantle, in the frame - just like we promised. #nerdalert
Yup, I was there. For me, it's one of the best parts of the night, seeing the reactions from the families when they're selected. I was handing out the Captain Phasma steins as well and I believe I saw you standing behind the kids ready to take photos. Are you willing to post one?

Before I forget, there's always been the complaint regarding the lack of seating at the SW dessert party. I don't know if anyone here was there last week, but an experiment took place where all the tables had chairs. It was unannounced and a one time occurrence just to see how it would go. The issue has always been the lack of space. The current party is designed for just over 200 guests. The test setup party could only accommodate a little over 100 guests. The other issue is that the price would have to increase. I don't know how, or if they want to reconcile the three issues.

I am so glad I decided to go for it and get the party tickets a few day ago after reading your review @shortster! After the hours were extended for August I splurged and was second guessing but now I'm just excited. We will definitely keep in mind the back left area for the show. Not having to stake out a spot will be so great, especially not knowing how crowds will be with Toy Story Land. We are huge SW fans- DD8 was Rey for Halloween & DD9 was a Death Trooper and we will have my mom with us as well- now I will just hope that we don't miss @FastPasser. by a month, you have been so helpful on this & other threads!

I am sorry to be one of those obnoxious people who post something already discussed but I have tried to look. I actually posted on this thread hundreds of pages ago when we did the party in January of 2017. On a whim I happened to check availability last week for the party and it opened up for our family of 5 on the night of the 19th. I don't know if I got lucky with an opening or if it is not quite as popular these days? First time we did the party it was fun but I was a little shocked by how many people (dumb sometimes despite all my planning ways). At any rate, I checked it was open, and given the rationalization that I need to book it again before my middle daughter turns 10 and is an "adult", we are all set.

So my question: do the storm troopers lead out the party before the Disney Movie Magic show begins or is it after? D9 loves HS (her favorite park hands down) and I know she will want to see it. It is only love of all things HS and Star Wars that is making my girls (11, 9, 7) agree to not seeing Fantasmic yet again.

Thanks.

I am sorry to be one of those obnoxious people who post something already discussed but I have tried to look. I actually posted on this thread hundreds of pages ago when we did the party in January of 2017. On a whim I happened to check availability last week for the party and it opened up for our family of 5 on the night of the 19th. I don't know if I got lucky with an opening or if it is not quite as popular these days? First time we did the party it was fun but I was a little shocked by how many people (dumb sometimes despite all my planning ways). At any rate, I checked it was open, and given the rationalization that I need to book it again before my middle daughter turns 10 and is an "adult", we are all set.

So my question: do the storm troopers lead out the party before the Disney Movie Magic show begins or is it after? D9 loves HS (her favorite park hands down) and I know she will want to see it. It is only love of all things HS and Star Wars that is making my girls (11, 9, 7) agree to not seeing Fantasmic yet again.

Thanks.
Yes, viewing for DMM is now included with the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter