**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I am really sorry we will be missing you @FastPasser. Our party is tuesday Oct 9. That's just me and hubby but my high school besties and I will be viewing the SW fireworks the evening of Oct 5th. They didn't want to spend the $$ to do the desert party that night.... where should we stand to get the best view?

Fun party tonight, met two really nice Dissers and I hit it out of the park again with my selection of the family of the night.

Was nice chatting with you tonight! We enjoyed the party a lot. The food and atmosphere was great. Loved the Stormtroopers (though they technically aren’t part of the party). And my wife actually said she liked the Star Wars show better than any other show we’d seen this week (even over HEA!).

Ok, just reviewed the last 25 pages or so, let me know if my summary below sounds accurate.

Dessert party changed in July.
There are now some savory items (cheese, charcuterie, hummus, and flat crackers) in addition to desserts.
Desserts are not Star Wars-themed anymore.
It includes a few adult beverage options: 3 mixed drinks, 3 beers, a red wine and a white wine.
There are now assigned tables and seating during the dessert portion.
You still get a souvenir stein.
There isn't a meet and get, but at that time it's not hard to meet the Launch Bay characters.
You are walked from the desserts at Launch Bay to a platform (?) in front of the Chinese Theater.
The view of the show and fireworks is good and not crowded.
Only issue with the view is that it's a little too close to the Chinese theater.

I finally bit the bullet and bought tickets. I was so back and forth about the cost because I had to buy 9 tickets since my mom and Dad are going with us.

We are celebrating my 17 year olds one year alive. Last year, on his 16th birthday, he was riding with a friend on a Kawasaki 4 seater utility vehicle, and the friend lost control. It landed on my son and basically crushed everything between his neck and hips. His spine was broken in 7 places, scapula crushed, ribs broken in 12+ places, liver crushed, one lung crushed one lung punctured, they had to remove the crushed lung, hips crushed, several other internal injuries I won’t get into. Anyway, he was on life support and in the ICU for 6 weeks. We were pulled aside 3 separate times and told that he was probably not going to make it. Well, he made it and has gone through lots of therapies and surgeries, and is a walking, talking miracle. You wouldn’t even know what he has been through this last year by looking at him or talking to him.

One of the things my son told me was that when he was laying in the field, feeling like he was drowning because he couldn’t breathe and in so much pain, he had his life memories start playing before him. He saw the trips we took him on as a kid and it brought him Peace in the middle of the pain. It has been 6 years since we have been to Disney. We have never done FP+, and every park has a new ride or land since we have been. We are so excited. If any other Disser’s are there on 09/24, that is the day we are going to the Star Wars dessert party.

Oh my goodness, how scary!!! That is one of my worst nightmares, my kids all loved riding anything they could get their hands on. I'm so glad he is doing so much better.

I am really touched that in those moments he thought to focus on the great times you had as a family. That really makes it all worth it.

Ok, just reviewed the last 25 pages or so, let me know if my summary below sounds accurate.

There are now some savory items (cheese, charcuterie, hummus, and flat crackers) in addition to desserts.
It includes a few adult beverage options: 3 mixed drinks, 3 beers, a red wine and a white wine.
There isn't a meet and get, but at that time it's not hard to meet the Launch Bay characters.
You are walked from the desserts at Launch Bay to a platform (?) in front of the Chinese Theater.
Only issue with the view is that it's a little too close to the Chinese theater.

We were one of the first families to show up, I think we were second, and the host of this party took us to the line to meet the characters before everyone else. I don't know how everyone else met the characters that were there, but that was how we did it.

The view was a little close. The trees got in the way a little bit. But outside of that it was pretty great.

Oh and the coffee was cold. bleh. lol

There is a designated time to meet one of the characters (it was Kylo Ren for our party) displayed on your table. The other characters in the launch bay had minimal waits no longer than 15min.

You are close to the show, but we actually enjoyed it because we were so immersed in the show that way. If you head out at the front of the crowd, there is a small ledge at the back of the viewing area that you can sit on. It was full in about 30 seconds though, so you’d need to be one of the first in the area.

As for food, yes savory items included cheese (mozerella and feta in different sauces), hummus, cold meats, and pita bread. The desserts weren’t “Star Wars” themed persay, but definitely had a galactic feel to them. (Like the Mousse domes and if I remember right, the cupcake I tried did have an R2D2 looking wrapper.)

Correct on the seating and being preassigned. We got a darth Vader stein.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter