• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

extensive faq
Frequently Asked Questions

Added this to the first post.

Do we have any idea what kind of safety restraints will be in place for the new rides? Wary of another Flight of Passage style restriction.

Apologize if already posted, but just noticed this:

FastPass+ – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.
Will Disney FastPass+ service be offered for the attractions at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge?
A.
No. Disney FastPass+ service will not initially be offered for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, opening August 29, 2019, or Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will open later this year. We will continually evaluate our operations and services in order to help provide a great Guest experience..

So, looks like no FP will be offered for both, unless when SWRR opens they add FP for SR.

Hope they add some paid events, otherwise :scared: but I'm still going!

Call me crazy, but I just booked a 4 day trip for Labor Day weekend. Bring on the crowds! ☀️
I did the same thing! Although as South Floridians, we go to WDW every year over Labor Day. But, I hadn't booked it until I heard the news.

For those interested, Coffee with Kenobi published part two of their interview with Clayton Sandell who was a media person who got the tour of Galaxy’s Edge

extensive faq
Frequently Asked Questions

This addresses EMH, but will SWGE be open for EMM??

Omg I don’t know if I am going to cry from excitement or cry because it will be shoulder to shoulder when we go!! We specifically planned for September to staying away. But I’m sort of excited!
Ditto! We had Labor Day booked months ago, thinking it would be “quiet” LOL

I also have a December reservation that i booked specifically to see GE that I’m thinking I may still keep in the hopes that everything is open by then. I think our plan for September will be going during EMH to just look around and bail when it gets unbearable.

This addresses EMH, but will SWGE be open for EMM??
Are you referring to the paid Early Morning Magic at WDW, I would assume if they plan on having them they just haven't announced yet but it's a hard-ticket event. As for Disneyland EMM is a right for those who bought a 3 day ticket or longer and on the Disneyland site it says SW:GE won't be available to either.

Cant believe how early both will be opening. I booked that weekend because I plan on at least being there on my birthday. Now I'm wondering how early I would have to be at HS to "guarantee" I'll get in before it reaches capacity.

Wow! I am so excited for Galaxy's Edge but I will not be going until Summer 2020. I'm hoping the crowds will be a little less crazy.

Are you referring to the paid Early Morning Magic at WDW, I would assume if they plan on having them they just haven't announced yet but it's a hard-ticket event. As for Disneyland EMM is a right for those who bought a 3 day ticket or longer and on the Disneyland site it says SW:GE won't be available to either.
Yes I'm referring to the paid EMM at DHS. I'm wondering if I should book that for September? But they haven't explicitly stated SWGE would be included

Will this push the crowd numbers up for all four parks in mid-September or think the other three will be less crowded? I’ve never been around so soon after a new land was open, and I suspect for Star Wars it’ll be double anything before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter