Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

2 weeks till Expo day!!!!! Our plan is expo at like 5:30, I don't care about merch., well I care but it's not a priority.

Mfffff
it's understandable my sister can't make the expo before the 10k cause of her new job (I assume she'll manage to at least bobbin sat to claim her shirt before we head to MK)
But now she's saying her fiancé won't be joining us until dinner time Saturday hence missing the expo on that day to get his credentials for the half....
I swear I'm the only one taking things seriously, I'm the only one who went on a training plan, I'm the only one dressing up, I've been reading all the boards here in anticipation and I'm just really sorry to rant

Mfffff
it's understandable my sister can't make the expo before the 10k cause of her new job (I assume she'll manage to at least bobbin sat to claim her shirt before we head to MK)
But now she's saying her fiancé won't be joining us until dinner time Saturday hence missing the expo on that day to get his credentials for the half....
I swear I'm the only one taking things seriously, I'm the only one who went on a training plan, I'm the only one dressing up, I've been reading all the boards here in anticipation and I'm just really sorry to rant

I declare! Some people....

I'll be getting the "What do you mean you are going away for the weekend?" workload dumped upon my desk. My flight is pre-dawn on Friday. No 5K this year.

I'll be away from work for 4 days (Wed-Mon). And without fail, every time, I get a confused look when I remind my boss on Monday that I have vacation days coming up. It's been on the company calendar for months AND he signed the vacation request form. How is it always a surprise that I'm taking days off?

Mfffff

I sort of envy people who just aren't concerned about "the details". Meanwhile, I'm over here freaking out about every little ache that pops up in training and second guessing all my dining reservations. And that gift card e-mail that still hasn't shown up...

I'll be away from work for 4 days (Wed-Mon). And without fail, every time, I get a confused look when I remind my boss on Monday that I have vacation days coming up. It's been on the company calendar for months AND he signed the vacation request form. How is it always a surprise that I'm taking days off?
I'm taking the same days off (Wednesday is a prep and get my family ready for me to be gone day. LOL!) and I get the same thing from my boss.

Two weeks from right now I should be boarding my flight to WDW!!
EEK!!
2 weeks till Expo day!!!!! Our plan is expo at like 5:30, I don't care about merch., well I care but it's not a priority.
EEK!! I'm with you on the merch. I'd MAYBE like an I Did It shirt, a SweatyBand and a coffee mug, but if I don't get those things...whatever. More money for the Food & Wine booths! :)
Mfffff
That's super frustrating. Are you planning on running the races with them? Maybe make it clear that it's okay to split up during the races - if you trained and they didn't you may be at wildly different paces.

So for all my Northern States (and fellow Canadian) Run Disney Veterans....is Florida in November going to feel cold or hot? I am a Tink sized girl, who is habitually "freezing" in our chillier climates (I live in Ontario) and have only ever been to Disney in August temps, which I am totally fine with! So, I am packing for every eventuality, but would love some anecdotal feedback too.

EEK!!

That's super frustrating. Are you planning on running the races with them? Maybe make it clear that it's okay to split up during the races - if you trained and they didn't you may be at wildly different paces.

Sis and I are 10K only{so long as emergency day of bib pick up is available for her} my game plan is that so long as we're in the same coral we'll start together and then if one of us needs to drastically pace ajust or wants to stop for a photo op when the other one doesn't we'll catch up or pick a meeting spot in the finish area

her fiance is doing half only

So for all my Northern States (and fellow Canadian) Run Disney Veterans....is Florida in November going to feel cold or hot? I am a Tink sized girl, who is habitually "freezing" in our chillier climates (I live in Ontario) and have only ever been to Disney in August temps, which I am totally fine with! So, I am packing for every eventuality, but would love some anecdotal feedback too.
RD Newbie but Central FL resident... I know at present it's been in the 50's-60's range during what would be race time... can't say if it will drop any within the next two weeks or not

I sort of envy people who just aren't concerned about "the details". Meanwhile, I'm over here freaking out about every little ache that pops up in training and second guessing all my dining reservations. And that gift card e-mail that still hasn't shown up...
I know....I just can't stop thinking about the gift card email! And whatever it is that we're told should arrive by......SNAIL MAIL. I'm fairly certain, knowing the unreliability of my mailman, I will never get whatever is supposed to arrive in the mailbox! :coffee:

I'm planning on bringing layers but I always over-pack. I think it'll be awesome weather. My pics I have from 2014 have me in short sleeves and shorts during the day and I remember buying a long-sleeved shirt for the evenings. :) It will NOT be like August!
Sis and I are 10K only{so long as emergency day of bib pick up is available for her} my game plan is that so long as we're in the same coral we'll start together and then if one of us needs to drastically pace ajust or wants to stop for a photo op when the other one doesn't we'll catch up or pick a meeting spot in the finish area

her fiance is doing half only
I would HIGHLY recommend that you make sure the two of you are on the same page before the race starts. I didn't do this when I ran a race with my BFFs and we split up during the race and it was a little awkward - wish we'd clarified things before the race started.

I'm in a similar situation. I run a space heater under my desk at work YEAR ROUND ( in Illinois). I'm going to pack for ALL 4 seasons for this trip. We did go to Food and Wine fest last year, but about 2 wks earlier than this race weekend. The kids wore shorts and tanks every day and just put on thin long sleeves for the evenings. I think I'll get a cheap-o zip up hoodie for the early am while we're getting to and waiting in corrals and just ditch it when im hot cuz i hate being cold. It will wear me out shivering before the race and I need that energy for running!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter