Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

I'm packing some pants, jacket, hoodie & my Dopey sweatshirt for park touring if I need them. For the races I'm wearing tanks and skorts, but I'll bring a few throwaway items just in case for waiting in the corrals along with mylars. I figure pack a little of everything just in case.
Does anyone know if they donate our "throw away clothes"?

DITTO!

And 38 pages, with so many where you have to scroll, but you have to select just the right spot for scrolling. #failhorn

Sometimes, it is just nice to have something you can put your hands on, and unplug from things.
Agree! I'm super old school when it comes to documents. I still need the paper copies! :confused3

This seems very "low tech" doesn't it? My kids make powerpoint slides that are more functional (ie: you can PRINT them) than this one. This is my first runD race. What format was the old event guide? I read they were doing something different this year....
The old event guides were PDFs. There were also printed copies available at the expos. The printed copies are gone.
Does anyone know if they donate our "throw away clothes"?
Yes, they are picked up, laundered and donated. :)

Runner tracking is where you can official sign up for txt, email, etc. alerts.

I skipped over the pins when I saw them on facebook, want to be surprised. I'm pretty sure that ebay sellar had Disneyland half pins on ebay too before the event. I wonder if they just pocket a few as they are being made...

The pins are really cute! But I didn't order them. :( I hope the event shirts, non-preorder pins, and other merchandise has a similar look.

2 weeks from yesterday is when we leave! In 2 weeks at this time we'll hopefully be on our way to Epcot!

The pins are really cute! But I didn't order them. :( I hope the event shirts, non-preorder pins, and other merchandise has a similar look.

2 weeks from yesterday is when we leave! In 2 weeks at this time we'll hopefully be on our way to Epcot!
The preorder pins are usually for sell at the expo too. They may sell out, but for marathon weekend I was able to buy all 6 (since running dopey) at the expo since I didn't preorder. Then they also have the medal replica pins.

I sure wish they would show up a merchandise preview.
They didn't show anything till right before the expo opened for Disneyland & it wasn't even a good picture as it panned just a few dumbo items. So, I'm not holding out hope, but then by not previewing maybe it cuts down on ebay/online shoppers from grabbing everything.

I would expect a merch preview within a couple days.

The preorder pins are usually for sell at the expo too. They may sell out, but for marathon weekend I was able to buy all 6 (since running dopey) at the expo since I didn't preorder. Then they also have the medal replica pins.

I would expect the same with this race, it seems to be the formula they have been working with for a bit.

They didn't show anything till right before the expo opened for Disneyland & it wasn't even a good picture as it panned just a few dumbo items. So, I'm not holding out hope, but then by not previewing maybe it cuts down on ebay/online shoppers from grabbing everything.
Right. People were thinking this was to deter eBay sellers but who knows.

I'm confused!! About the post-race party...

The event guide says:
  • Your Post-Race Party ticket will be sent to you via the address listed as part of your active.com registration profile.
  • Your race bib cannot be used as entry; you will need to present your Post-Race Party ticket.
BUT, I did not receive any tickets for my sister and myself, both registered for the challenge.

The only tix I received were for other guests NOT running the half or challenge.

Has everyone else received their post race party hard tix?? :confused3

Has everyone else received their post race party hard tix?? :confused3

No, I don't think anyone has received them. There are rumors that people have called/e-mailed RunDisney and been told that we will receive the tickets at the expo, but as far as I know that has not been officially confirmed anywhere. I think it makes much more sense to hand them out with the race packets like they have done in past years.

Worst case scenario is that you don't get anything in the mail or your race packet and have to ask at Runner Relations at the expo.

No, I don't think anyone has received them. There are rumors that people have called/e-mailed RunDisney and been told that we will receive the tickets at the expo, but as far as I know that has not been officially confirmed anywhere. I think it makes much more sense to hand them out with the race packets like they have done in past years.

Worst case scenario is that you don't get anything in the mail or your race packet and have to ask at Runner Relations at the expo.

THANKS!!

Totally agree this would make the most sense. I checked the packet pickup section of the guide just to see if it was mentioned and it wasn't. I'm less worried if NO ONE has received them! :thumbsup2

I don't recall needing a ticket back at the ToT event in 2013 unless you weren't running, so I had been assuming that we wouldn't need one... but maybe with the party not being immediately after the race this makes more sense.

So I'm running the challenge and hubby was going to join me at the after party so I bought him a ticket. He can't go now, but since I specifically put in his name when I bought the ticket will it act like the race registration and only be able to be used by him??

last double digit run, 11, before race weekend done for me, I was cold and too warm at the same time, 40 degrees & breezy & sunny.
2 weeks till 5k!

Man. I had to come here because I can't handle the random aggression on the facebook group. Anytime the course is brought up and someone says even a nice "I was surprised by it" someone jumps on them and tells them how it is Disney and if they can't have fun they feel sorry for them.

But, if we can't have friendly conversations about disney, what does that say??

So in closing here, I want to say how thankful I am for this group. Everyone is so excited, helpful, and open minded. And I am glad we have this place to come to discuss, so we don't drive everyone around us nuts talking about it 15 hours a day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter