Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

Pandora store on Main Street in MK, where they are redoing the purse store. I literally just saw this charm there at the end of September. It might be at the Co-op location in the back where they sell the purses!

Finally got an email.from rd. It says tix should come in the mail this week and gc in email.

It also restates that the party tickets will be mailed and the gift cards e-mailed.
Just got this as well. Seems a little nutty to me that they'd MAIL something this late. When we've done longer trips, we might already be in WDW by now!!

ETA: I noticed it mentions international visitors getting tix at the expo (don't recall if that was in the event guide or not):

Remember, your race registration included access to this special post-race party and a Disney Gift card.

During the week of Oct. 24, 2016 you'll receive a ticket to access the Epcot Theme Park and the party by mail*, as well as access to your Disney e-Gift card by email*.

*International runners will need to visit the Welcome Center at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to receive their tickets.

Just got this as well. Seems a little nutty to me that they'd MAIL something this late. When we've done longer trips, we might already be in WDW by now!!

In 2014, we drove down and spent over a week at WDW before the Wine & Dine half, so we wouldn't have received our tickets. I hope they have a better staffed runner's relations booth than they did in Paris....

Agreed. Don't see why they can't do the wristbands at the expo like they did in past years, and like they still do for Coast-to-Coast. :confused3

There might be too many wristbands?
Your MagicBand.
A wristband for Coast to Coast or Castle to Chateau.
A wristband for Lumiere's Challenge.

Adding a third would only confuse the issue. But it would be better than mailing the tickets. If they are going to mail hard tickets, they should put them in the envelope that everyone receives when they get their bib. I understand that there could be some fraudulent activity though.

There might be too many wristbands?
Your MagicBand.
A wristband for Coast to Coast or Castle to Chateau.
A wristband for Lumiere's Challenge.

Adding a third would only confuse the issue. But it would be better than mailing the tickets. If they are going to mail hard tickets, they should put them in the envelope that everyone receives when they get their bib. I understand that there could be some fraudulent activity though.
They're giving our wristbands for Lumiere's Challenge?

Too many wristbands > mailing the tickets, in my opinion. :)

Pandora store on Main Street in MK, where they are redoing the purse store. I literally just saw this charm there at the end of September. It might be at the Co-op location in the back where they sell the purses!

Thank you! I don't want to buy it at the expo. I want to wait until I am done just in case I get swept. lol!

I won't be getting in until Friday night because my wife (a teacher) and kids have school. So I'll have to do the Expo on Saturday morning. I imagine it will be swamped. Hoping to get out to do some carbo loading in the afternoon at F&W. Kalua Pork Sliders!

I won't be getting in until Friday night because my wife (a teacher) and kids have school. So I'll have to do the Expo on Saturday morning. I imagine it will be swamped. Hoping to get out to do some carbo loading in the afternoon at F&W. Kalua Pork Sliders!
YAASSSS SLIDERS!! :yay:

Suggestions please: my old crappy armband iPhone holder thingy has finally bit the dust. Not the best timing but I still have time to get one from Amazon and have it in time. Mine was old and not that great, I just couldn't justify getting a new one until it was no longer useful. And now it is not! Does anyone have one that they recommend for iPhone 6s?

I ended up buying shorts/capris that had pockets on the sides of the legs (horribly expensive lululemon ones but they are pretty awesome) so I put my phone in one pocket, one of the Fitletic water bottles in the other pocket. I have Gu packets in the waistband pockets so hands free, waist free and nothing strapped on my arm (those things also annoy me) :rotfl2:

I finally found the first email about the gift card in my junk mail, so now I get to stalk that folder as well. I wish they would just give it to us in expo packet. It would be so much easier and less stressful that way, but I understand why they would want to go to electronic copy instead.
Do you mind sharing which awesome capris you got with a link? :)

Something we felt was a lesson learned from W&D 2015: when going to the expo, wear the stuff on your wrists you plan to wear during the race. They pulled out the after party wristband last year, and slapped it on me. I was then wearing it for 2 days before racing. DW- they just gave it to her. Anyway- that way, if they say they have to put something on you at the expo, you've accounted for things like: a Garmin, a RoadID, etc.

Suggestions please: my old crappy armband iPhone holder thingy has finally bit the dust. Not the best timing but I still have time to get one from Amazon and have it in time. Mine was old and not that great, I just couldn't justify getting a new one until it was no longer useful. And now it is not! Does anyone have one that they recommend for iPhone 6s?

get some bluetooth headphones and a spibelt. my wife loves hers and she is very picky. i'm really liking the products by anker lately. she has the NB10 headphones. they also make an armband - only $7. they sell all their stuff through amazon and it is prime eligible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter