Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

Wonder of wonders...I actually got that silly "You will be getting a virtual gift card" e-mail a few minutes ago. Hopefully the actual gift card e-mails are not similarly spaced out over the course of 2 weeks. :rolleyes1

I still haven't gotten that email which is fine as long as I get the actual gc email.

Just one thing on the trash bags and mylars... I'm always grateful when runners using them make the effort to get rid of them FAR OFF TO THE SIDE of the road... which doesn't always seem to happen. At a recent race I saw someone slip and fall on a trash bag someone had discarded in the middle of the course -- not cool. Sometimes strong wind makes this challenging, but so worth the effort for your fellow runners. :)

To the newbies and RD veterans regarding the temps. If it drops to low for your taste and you think you will be in need of something please feel free to ask a cast member at your resort for a large black trash bag. This way if you are stressing about what to pack or not let the magic of Disney take the wheel. I realize a few plastic bags don't utilize a ton of space in your luggage but just in case. Another tip as a RD veteran..........please don't over pack. If you haven't used an item during a training run don't reinvent the wheel for the big show. If something is forgotten during the packing process fret not as the expo will be on the larger side and will have everything you'll need. Have fun guys and gals. The time is almost upon us!!!!!

Personally, I plan on bringing a few options. I've had unexpected weather at a couple of the race weekends (rain in 2014 at Wine & Dine - wasn't prepared for that, wish I'd brought a hat) and unexpected wind chill warnings during Marathon Weekend in 2015 (this time I did overpack and had some options, thankfully!).

So I'm planning on bringing some extra layers and some running hats/visors...just in case.

I've been in Orlando since Thursday night and the weather has already done one big swing - on Friday, it was brutally hot and humid. Today? I had to ride my bike with a pullover - and this was at 1 in the afternoon.

So, definitely be prepared for anything. The weather for both Dopey and Princess this year was completely all over the place - as weather in Florida tends to be.

Thanks! I hate running with something tied around my waist....even my Fitletic belt is starting to annoy me to the point I've been training lately without it. I think I'll buy a mylar to put in my gear bag for after the run and then have a trash bag or hoodie for the corrals. Thanks for the help! :)
Oh gosh you sound like me, I was starting to get so annoyed with my fitletic belt too, which on training runs just carried my phone, so a month ago I switch to an armband for my phone. It's tolerable over the belt. So for wine & dine I'll have no belt, just my pockets of my skort to hold a small tiger balm, gu and tissues.

Yes, as for packing I'm bringing a little of everything, all seasons/weather. Oh yeah, I guess this is the week we'll get the gift card email, better start stalking my email as that one isn't checked usually but once a day.

This isn't really a Wine and Dine specific question, but I thought I'd ask here anyway since I already asked a few weeks ago in the Theme Park forums. Does anyone know when the first night is that the castle Dream lights are supposed to be lit? In my thread on the Theme Park forums I got the response of November 4, but I can't find anything official that says that. Has it been officially announced yet and I just missed it, or is this date just speculation? We're hoping to be able to see them when we're at the Magic Kingdom on the 5th.

This isn't really a Wine and Dine specific question, but I thought I'd ask here anyway since I already asked a few weeks ago in the Theme Park forums. Does anyone know when the first night is that the castle Dream lights are supposed to be lit? In my thread on the Theme Park forums I got the response of November 4, but I can't find anything official that says that. Has it been officially announced yet and I just missed it, or is this date just speculation? We're hoping to be able to see them when we're at the Magic Kingdom on the 5th.

As long as MVMCP have started, the castle lights will be lit.

Kenny the Pirate tweeted today Nov. 2 is the start. 6:30pm and then 8pm for MVMCP. I'm guessing if there's no party it's just the first one.

Kenny the Pirate tweeted today Nov. 2 is the start. 6:30pm and then 8pm for MVMCP. I'm guessing if there's no party it's just the first one.
Thanks for the reply! How funny that he just tweeted that today. I'm glad I asked and am excited that we'll be able to see it. :)

Two questions since I've never done a RD event before. My friend and I are both doing the half from different corrals. Where is a good meeting place after?

Is there somewhere to sit and stretch after? I will at least bring a golf ball but may put my spiked roller ball massager in my checked bag http://www.gaiam.com/s/gaiam/produc...5-58255.html?gclid=CMiEi77m9M8CFUJqfgodCUUDqg

The two places can be the same or different. Bonus for somewhere I can sit in the shade with something to lean against and maybe catch a cat nap :)

Oh gosh you sound like me, I was starting to get so annoyed with my fitletic belt too, which on training runs just carried my phone, so a month ago I switch to an armband for my phone. It's tolerable over the belt. So for wine & dine I'll have no belt, just my pockets of my skort to hold a small tiger balm, gu and tissues.

Yes, as for packing I'm bringing a little of everything, all seasons/weather. Oh yeah, I guess this is the week we'll get the gift card email, better start stalking my email as that one isn't checked usually but once a day.

I ended up buying shorts/capris that had pockets on the sides of the legs (horribly expensive lululemon ones but they are pretty awesome) so I put my phone in one pocket, one of the Fitletic water bottles in the other pocket. I have Gu packets in the waistband pockets so hands free, waist free and nothing strapped on my arm (those things also annoy me) :rotfl2:

I finally found the first email about the gift card in my junk mail, so now I get to stalk that folder as well. I wish they would just give it to us in expo packet. It would be so much easier and less stressful that way, but I understand why they would want to go to electronic copy instead.

Two questions since I've never done a RD event before. My friend and I are both doing the half from different corrals. Where is a good meeting place after?

Is there somewhere to sit and stretch after? I will at least bring a golf ball but may put my spiked roller ball massager in my checked bag http://www.gaiam.com/s/gaiam/produc...5-58255.html?gclid=CMiEi77m9M8CFUJqfgodCUUDqg

The two places can be the same or different. Bonus for somewhere I can sit in the shade with something to lean against and maybe catch a cat nap :)

So, the long and short answer is going to be the parking lot in the finisher's area at Epcot.

I would go through bag check, grab your stuff and then find a spot to do what you need to do - I've found that the area by the Beer/Champagne truck seems to be LESS crowded, and more shady. You can lean up against the portable fences if you want to.

I ended up buying shorts/capris that had pockets on the sides of the legs (horribly expensive lululemon ones but they are pretty awesome) so I put my phone in one pocket, one of the Fitletic water bottles in the other pocket. I have Gu packets in the waistband pockets so hands free, waist free and nothing strapped on my arm (those things also annoy me) :rotfl2:

I finally found the first email about the gift card in my junk mail, so now I get to stalk that folder as well. I wish they would just give it to us in expo packet. It would be so much easier and less stressful that way, but I understand why they would want to go to electronic copy instead.

I have these too! I LOVE them. Most of my other capris now sit idle half the time.

So, the long and short answer is going to be the parking lot in the finisher's area at Epcot.

I would go through bag check, grab your stuff and then find a spot to do what you need to do - I've found that the area by the Beer/Champagne truck seems to be LESS crowded, and more shady. You can lean up against the portable fences if you want to.

They did not have the champagne for Dark Side weekend! Or at least no one could tell me where it was...I am hopeful it was some liquor license thing with WWOS?

I have these too! I LOVE them. Most of my other capris now sit idle half the time.

They did not have the champagne for Dark Side weekend! Or at least no one could tell me where it was...I am hopeful it was some liquor license thing with WWOS?

Srsly? That's so strange ... my husband had beers BEFORE W&D last year - and every race I've done that ends at Epcot has a couple of tents/trucks that sell beer and champagne ... Disneyland races are the only ones where they haven't offered post-race cocktails.

This just hit me - usually I grab a towel from the pool for my hair. Which is very red. And leaks. Lol. Basically, it looks like a crime scene when I was my hair. But, they are smaller and easier to wrap too. Anyways, I wonder how mad Disney would be if I used one of those in the corral like a blanket? One not stained, of course. Lol. And would it somehow make it home...or at least to the correct wash pile.

Srsly? That's so strange ... my husband had beers BEFORE W&D last year - and every race I've done that ends at Epcot has a couple of tents/trucks that sell beer and champagne ... Disneyland races are the only ones where they haven't offered post-race cocktails.

I know! I kept looking and asked people, but got nowhere. They usually do not end races there and I guess the beer stands at the expo don't open before 10-11am, so that is where I figured maybe they didn't bother updating the liquor license. Seems like those stands are a cash cow so they better stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter