• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

If it's scheduled for the 3 am it should show up at 3 am. That may sound snarky but it's not meant to be.

Not snarky at all. I originally thought the time "repeated" later in the night so I should have deleted the bus question when I figured out the "repeat" was from 1:00 to 2:00. I'll just consult my old analog watch to double check my alarm when it goes off.

And the good news is that if you manage to somehow screw up the time, you will be an hour early and not an hour late.

Random questions...Daylight savings time ends at 2:00am on Sunday November 5th. Does that mean 1:00-2:00 will repeat? If I set my phone alarm for 2:00am when will it go off? Can I assume the 3:00am bus for the half will be at the "new" time? When will our phones make the switch in time? Am I overthinking this?
I have the same question but for Disney wake-up calls.

Edit: For sure I am not setting it for a rounded (o’clock) time. Probably 2:34AM or something like that.

Edit: For sure I am not setting it for a rounded (o’clock) time. Probably 2:34AM or something like that.

I would hope their wake up calls would adjust but I'm not sure I'd rely on that one.

We used wake up call last year & it called at the right time as it was Daylight savings for the half too.

But then I also had set my phone as a backup alarm too since we do multiple alarms for all race mornings anyway just to be safe, but wake up call was right on time.

How long do you typically hang out at the post-race area? Running the Half (my first!) and have 9:20 reservation at 1900 Park Fare. I would think we could take the monorail to GF so it shouldn't take too long. We are in the 2nd last corral so should be done running by 8:30.
I'm going to keep trying for a later reservation but other opinions would be helpful. Thanks!

Hi all - excited to come back and run Wine and Dine again this fall after a few years off. I appear to have submitted a proof of time (a 2:44 half marathon) for the race at some point before the cutoff because I can see it on my registration in my Active account - however, when I checked my waiver, it looks like I'm in corral G. Not a huge deal, since obviously I'm super slow anyways, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with changing corrals with the proof from Active.

Thanks!

How long do you typically hang out at the post-race area? Running the Half (my first!) and have 9:20 reservation at 1900 Park Fare. I would think we could take the monorail to GF so it shouldn't take too long. We are in the 2nd last corral so should be done running by 8:30.
I'm going to keep trying for a later reservation but other opinions would be helpful. Thanks!

Since this is your first half marathon, I'd suggest trying for a later reservation. If you wind up finishing earlier and choose not to hang out at the post-race area, you can use that extra time to go shower so you don't feel gross at the restaurant. I just weather-stalked the extended forecast, and it's supposed be in the upper-60s/low-70s that weekend, and with the Florida humidity, that could mean super-swampy.

Personally I don't usually hang around much because I'm always travelling solo. Maybe hit some of the picture opportunities and then catch the bus back to my resort. Thing to realize though is there is a bit of walk from the finish line to in your case I assume the Epcot monorail station. First you have to go through the medal, drink, medal picture, food, and bag check stations. Then you walk back out through the pre-race area and then head over to monorail station. While it's not super far, it is still a fair distance. One option for you instead of the monorail might be to just hop on the GF bus. Those are right by the start/finish area. Not sure if GF shares a bus with other resorts though so that could affect your travel time. Good luck with your race and your reservation. Love 1900 Park Fare. :)

Stupid question but how is everyone getting to and from the 10k? I normally always drive but the MK start and Epcot finish has me thrown.
I'm trying to avoid the buses but at this rate in thinking that is the only way?
I drive form offsite - just drive to EP to park, then hop a shuttle bus to the MK start. Easy!

So snacks and rain ponchos but should I really plan on bringing throw away long sleeves?
Maybe. We really, truly can only guess at weather until we're a day or so out. And even then it won't be written in stone. Could be lows in the mid-70s, could be down in the 50s. It all depends on whether or not a cold front dips down as far as central FL. I'm Floridian and super acclimated to the summer heat this time of year - I wore an old long sleeve rD shirt as a throwaway last year until I started. But I was in a very small minority!

Random questions...Daylight savings time ends at 2:00am on Sunday November 5th. Does that mean 1:00-2:00 will repeat? If I set my phone alarm for 2:00am when will it go off? Can I assume the 3:00am bus for the half will be at the "new" time? When will our phones make the switch in time? Am I overthinking this?
Here's the thing: IF your phone changes the time automatically, and IF it does that early enough, you'll be fine. But many phones don't do it until 5am or so - which is a problem. So last year I changed my date/time setting to Manual instead of Automatic and turned my clock back an hour before I went to sleep. Set me alarm for the time I wanted. No issues. Later that day, I changed my setting back to Automatic.

How long do you typically hang out at the post-race area?
Totally an individual thing! I rarely stay longer than needed to get my medal and post-race food: so about 5-10 minutes and I'm off.

Hi all - excited to come back and run Wine and Dine again this fall after a few years off. I appear to have submitted a proof of time (a 2:44 half marathon) for the race at some point before the cutoff because I can see it on my registration in my Active account - however, when I checked my waiver, it looks like I'm in corral G. Not a huge deal, since obviously I'm super slow anyways, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with changing corrals with the proof from Active.

Thanks!
Print out your screen shot showing what you submitted in Active, along with your PoT results, and bring them to Runner Relations at the expo. May be a looong wait in line, and may not get you changed, but it might move you up a corral or two.

I just weather-stalked the extended forecast, and it's supposed be in the upper-60s/low-70s that weekend, and with the Florida humidity, that could mean super-swampy.

Upper 60s / low 70s sounded GREAT until I got to the super-swampy part. I don't even think I could train for humidity living in the desert. Haha.

We are STILL in the mid-90s this week and next week. :rolleyes2
Where I live, there was frost on the cars yesterday morning... But I am hoping to have kept wearing my sandals and summer dresses by the time I reach Orlando in November... They say nothing new prior to the run so I wouldn’t want to have grown accustomed to boots, mits, hats and coats!

Crossing my fingers for decent weather this year! Last year was rather humid. Would love to have the same weather from this year's Princess Half, which I felt was perfect.

I'm trying to figure out my park plans for the weekend. I want DH to see the Christmas decorations/castle lights at MK. I'm assuming they'll be up by Saturday since they were last year, but I'd prefer to go Friday night instead. If it's neither due to MNSSHP on 11/1, then we'd probably skip doing any evenings in the parks.

Also rethinking my plans after the 10K. I'd like to head straight to a park from the race, grab some food, maybe a ride or two, and then back to the hotel. Last year I was in corral C for the 10K and was back at the hotel at 7:30, which is what I'm basing this all on. Currently have a PPO BOG reservation for 8:25. Second-guessing on whether I'll even make it in time if I take the Contemporary bus & walk to MK? I could cancel the reservation and just watch the opening show since I haven't seen it.

Or I could stick around after the race and wait for Epcot to open since I haven't ridden FEA and Soarin' yet. I'm assuming there's no chance that I could make it to AK for EMH in time by taking the race bus to AKL & then bus to AK. :scratchin

Bummer that there won't be any be any 2018 DL races. :sad1: I really wanted to do Tink this year to get pink C2C, but my sis "forgot" and made travel plans for Memorial Day week so she couldn't take off any additional days. Oh well. At least my wallet will have a chance to rest. :faint:

So if they are taping in MK for those days, does that mean that we won’t be able to get pics in front of the castle after the Half?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter