Official Wine & Dine 2018

Any idea why they change the course up like this? I figure it would be easy to just use epcot all the the time.
To give people a variety of options. I think they are trying to get people to come back and run multiple races throughout the year and if everything was the same course it probably would reduce the draw. I wish beyond the courses that they would go back to varying lengths and tie of day (EEC 5K+ with an obstacle course then a 3/4K scavenger hunt, Tower of terror 10 miler)

I think they also try and do this based on the theme of the race.

Seeing that the lows are in the 60s even if it does rain it won't be a cold rain. I might bring a rain vest in case it is pouring or sideways but even a heavy drizzle would feel good at those temperatures. Since it is going to be warm for both races (anything above the 40s I consider warm for racing temperature) it would actually feel nice if it rains lightly for the race.
A pleasant sprinkle wouldn't be bad. I'd prefer to not have to run in wet shoes though.

if anybody works in a clean room (cough, cough): they tend to have overcoats and shoe covers that are single use. Such things might keep shoes, etc. dry prior to the starting gun. A little late to acquire, I know.

if anybody works in a clean room (cough, cough): they tend to have overcoats and shoe covers that are single use. Such things might keep shoes, etc. dry prior to the starting gun. A little late to acquire, I know.

I’m planning to bring a few plastic grocery bags for tying over my shoes (while waiting in the corral)

As I mentioned in my race report I had to run about 25.8 miles two weeks ago after running through shin deep water just into the start of the race and then about 10 times again. Temps started at 33 and peaked at 45. I was surprised to find out that it really wasn't bad. Thanks in part to injinji socks I had no blisters or other foot issues. So I say, let it rain, let it pour; if the temps are above 45 it will feel nice.

I wish Disney would partner with someone else for race shirts! The champion shirts are wildly inconsistent in sizing between colors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter