Official Wine & Dine 2018

The Naked Cowboy is a runner and quite friendly. He talked to me a while after the NY marathon. I would have been more comfortable if he was wearing pants, and a shirt but it is what it its.

LOL, that does not sound awkward at all.

So I've never done wine and dine before. If we want to try in be towards the front of our corral do we need to shoot for being on the first bus or would it be okay to be at a bus stop at 3:15 at Saratoga? How long is the walk from where the buses drop you off to the corrals.

So I've never done wine and dine before. If we want to try in be towards the front of our corral do we need to shoot for being on the first bus or would it be okay to be at a bus stop at 3:15 at Saratoga? How long is the walk from where the buses drop you off to the corrals.
There's a decent little walk from the bus drop off, through the start area with the DJ/character pics, then on into the corral area. Very different setup than Jan or PHM races. I've been there before they open the entrance from the start area to the corral area and people are packed in there, just waiting for it to open and get into their corrals early. I think 3:15 is a perfectly respectable time to leave, as that will likely get you to the start before they open corrals, but still be prepared to either "excuse me" your way through other people who got there earlier, or not to start at the very front of your corral.

Does anyone have images of the T-shirts that will be GIVEN to us and not the Wine & Dine merchandise that we have to purchase at the Expo?

Does anyone have images of the T-shirts that will be GIVEN to us and not the Wine & Dine merchandise that we have to purchase at the Expo?
Nope, and not likely to see them until the expo opens. For some reason, rD likes to keep that info close to the vest.

Approximately when will registration for the Fall Feast 5K open up for 2019?
I registered in late june so definitely before then.

There's a decent little walk from the bus drop off, through the start area with the DJ/character pics, then on into the corral area. Very different setup than Jan or PHM races. I've been there before they open the entrance from the start area to the corral area and people are packed in there, just waiting for it to open and get into their corrals early. I think 3:15 is a perfectly respectable time to leave, as that will likely get you to the start before they open corrals, but still be prepared to either "excuse me" your way through other people who got there earlier, or not to start at the very front of your corral.
I don't think we'll need to push ahead. Based on recent runs I'm guessing DS will want to be at a pace that's comparable to 2 corrals ahead of us. With my knee I can't really swerve a lot so being towards the front of the corral will minimize the weaving through people.

Since I messed up my MCL I stopped pretty much all running for 6 weeks. This about a week ago I started my 2 week couch to half marathon plan. I think I'll be fine for the first half of the race but it will be really interesting to see how badly I fall apart as the race progresses.

Maybe I'm just having terrible luck with my reservations this year, but just another "Heads Up!" notice:
Even if you purchased park tickets back when W&D registration first opened, double check your tickets' expiration dates on both the app and the website!

On the website, my MYW park tickets are fine with no expiration dates; however when we downloaded the app last night, it showed our multi-day tickets as expiring on Friday (which is too short for even their new expiration terms)! My TA is still trying to sort things out with Disney, but when I called customer service, they verified that the ticket system has applied the expiration date even though the ticket was purchased earlier, and there's nothing I can do about it. So unless the TA works some Disney magic tonight and figures out what happened, we're changing all of our plans less than 12 hours before we arrive. So long months of ADR & FP+ planning. :headache:

Yay! I'll be on the lookout for you! (Hopefully, I'll be Snow White with a Minnie Mouse partner.) I always get a selfie with my medal volunteer. Seeing you guys at the end smiling and cheering "Congratulations" is one of the best parts!
I think the volunteered that medaled me was more excited than I was at the half during marathon weekend this year. EE9675C6-BCC6-4347-B20A-79249D5EB5CF.jpeg

Maybe I'm just having terrible luck with my reservations this year, but just another "Heads Up!" notice:
Even if you purchased park tickets back when W&D registration first opened, double check your tickets' expiration dates on both the app and the website!

On the website, my MYW park tickets are fine with no expiration dates; however when we downloaded the app last night, it showed our multi-day tickets as expiring on Friday (which is too short for even their new expiration terms)! My TA is still trying to sort things out with Disney, but when I called customer service, they verified that the ticket system has applied the expiration date even though the ticket was purchased earlier, and there's nothing I can do about it. So unless the TA works some Disney magic tonight and figures out what happened, we're changing all of our plans less than 12 hours before we arrive. So long months of ADR & FP+ planning. :headache:

That sucks I really hope your TA can get that worked out. It seems like something Disney should be able to resolve

I did 3:15am for the marathon in 2017 from Saratoga and I had tons of time to waste before going to corrals and was at the front of the corral. Only thing to remember is the buses only leave from the main bus stop at Saratoga. If you are in one of the further villas, you'll have to take a Disney bus to the main bus area, then board the main bus. That might add time.

Hi! Newbie here (last and only rD race was EEC '09). I have been reading this thread on and off since March, but now should probably nail down some specifics.

I am doing the 10k. Am I supposed to know what corral I am in already or do I find that out when I pick up my bib at the Expo? I have a bib number on the waiver, but I didn't see anything else. When I registered with rD, I said I would complete between 9:00-10:00 pace.

What time do the corrals close? Also gear check? I always like to run to the bathroom at the last second before I run so I want to make sure I know the timing if possible.

I haven't run since Saturday and contracted a wonderful cold that has passed around my house. I am NOT looking forward to flying down with it.

My training plan said to run 3.25 miles on Thursday, but I will be walking around WDW a lot (not going to parks, but it seems like I put 20k steps in regardless each day). I don't want my legs to be too tired for the 10k. Should I skim it down a little?

Thanks for all the help!

Hi! Newbie here (last and only rD race was EEC '09). I have been reading this thread on and off since March, but now should probably nail down some specifics.

I am doing the 10k. Am I supposed to know what corral I am in already or do I find that out when I pick up my bib at the Expo? I have a bib number on the waiver, but I didn't see anything else. When I registered with rD, I said I would complete between 9:00-10:00 pace.

What time do the corrals close? Also gear check? I always like to run to the bathroom at the last second before I run so I want to make sure I know the timing if possible.

I haven't run since Saturday and contracted a wonderful cold that has passed around my house. I am NOT looking forward to flying down with it.

My training plan said to run 3.25 miles on Thursday, but I will be walking around WDW a lot (not going to parks, but it seems like I put 20k steps in regardless each day). I don't want my legs to be too tired for the 10k. Should I skim it down a little?

Thanks for all the help!
You will find out when you pick up your bib.

Corrals never really close but don't expect to just jump up to the front in corrals are already moving into the start.

Do what you feel is best for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter