• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine & Dine 2018

Thought I was the only one getting antsy. I've been looking at my itinerary and planning out which park to go to and FPs but can only do that for so long. Guess I should start training? :)

I've started my pre-training training, but I hadn't been running consistently since last W&D. My body needed some time to heal (and I think mentally I was exhausted from the physical injuries) and I just ran an occasional short run and one 5K. So getting back on the horse making sure I have a good base set before training starts in a couple weeks. So, while I'm excited for the race, I'm grateful for the time to get my butt back in gear and back to standard! This girl needs to train! LOL!

Training - overrated. Who needs it. :)

I actually ran my first-ever 5k with absolutely zero training, and I am NOT a runner ever! I probably haven't run more than a few yards ever hahaha....I was impressed with my finish time too, for not ever having run like that I finished in 30 minutes and a few seconds! Disney I will be training for though!

Disappointed I missed registration this year as things just didn't line up for me. Oops, please post if any of you see anything reopen. No west coast races have helped WDW sell out.

Hey! If you are still interested in finding a bib for Disney Wine & Dine, and would be interested in running for the American Cancer Society, we still have half marathon bibs. Let me know if you'd like to learn more :)

Hey! If you are still interested in finding a bib for Disney Wine & Dine, and would be interested in running for the American Cancer Society, we still have half marathon bibs. Let me know if you'd like to learn more :)
Jenna, you don't have enough messages for me to PM you, but I'd be interested to find out what you have available!

Do most people stick with food and wine themed costumes for W&D? Or is there a wide variety of character costumes? There is a Star Wars costume I would like to do, but I wonder if I should save it for someday when I do a Star Wars race.

Do most people stick with food and wine themed costumes for W&D? Or is there a wide variety of character costumes? There is a Star Wars costume I would like to do, but I wonder if I should save it for someday when I do a Star Wars race.
I saw a lot of Chefs (Mickey Chefs & the Swedish Chef even) or Food inspired shirts like "Will run for wine", but I also saw plenty of plain Minnie's, Mickey's, Star Wars, Princesses, Ducks, etc. Anything goes really I think. Heck, there's always someone in a Wonder Woman outfit it seems.

I saw a lot of Chefs (Mickey Chefs & the Swedish Chef even) or Food inspired shirts like "Will run for wine", but I also saw plenty of plain Minnie's, Mickey's, Star Wars, Princesses, Ducks, etc. Anything goes really I think. Heck, there's always someone in a Wonder Woman outfit it seems.

I would agree anything goes! Some people don't dress up at all! (The horror! ;) ) Last year we did a Chef Minnie ensemble for the 10K and then an 80's themed outfit to play off of Epcot's anniversary, which I don't think anyone got our neon outfits! LOL!

Good to know, thanks for the info!

I would agree anything goes! Some people don't dress up at all! (The horror! ;) ) Last year we did a Chef Minnie ensemble for the 10K and then an 80's themed outfit to play off of Epcot's anniversary, which I don't think anyone got our neon outfits! LOL!

I cannot imagine not wearing some sort of a costume to a Disney race! Dressing up and seeing people's costumes is a huge part of the fun!

@mbwhitti and I wore Minnie Bar tanks for the 10K and World Showcase Drinking Team jerseys for the half last year, but you'll see all sorts of outfits - from general running clothes to specialty shirts for the weekend to characters to character mash-ups to over-the-top stuff like the carpet from Aladdin or a Mickey Waffle or multiple people as the Monorail. If you want to do a Star Wars costume, go for it!

I'm trying to remember the timing of everything from 2016 when I last did the half but I'm not sure if I looked at my watch when we started. I'm also not sure if my facebook post after the race was done right after or on the bus etc. With the race starting at 5:30 how long does it take for each corral to start?

ETA - Nevermind. I used my results with the clock time to figure out what I needed to know.

Last edited:
Jenna, you don't have enough messages for me to PM you, but I'd be interested to find out what you have available!
Hi!

Thank you so much for the message and for your interest in joining the American Cancer Society team! We would love to have you join us. Participating in a runDisney event as part of Team DetermiNation is an amazing way to make your miles more meaningful (and more magical)! Right now, we still have spots left for the half marathon at Disney Wine & Dine.

If you are interested in running the half marathon at Disney Wine and Dine for ACS, the fundraising minimum is $1,500. You will get your own fundraising page to personalize, with a link to share it with your friends, family and network. All DetermiNation runners will enjoy specially-priced Walt Disney World hotel and ticket rates, exclusive Disney swag, and an American Cancer Society hosted race weekend get together! Your American Cancer Society staff partner will be there every step of the way, to provide you with training tips, newsletters, and fundraising resources to help you reach your fundraising goal.

I do want to also note that this year, for the first time Disney is requiring all charity runners to book a two-night stay on WDW property with two-day park tickets. You will receive a deep discount when purchasing this package since you are running for the American Cancer Society and you will be set up with a special Disney Travel Agency to help book your trip.

Let me know if you have any questions at all. I am happy to set up a time to chat over the phone if it’s easier, or you can email me at jenna.leinwohl@cancer.org. Feel free to visit our website for more information: http://determination.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=90228

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter