Oga's Cantina. What's the big deal?

We have been there several times and enjoyed each visit. Each time, we were at the bar and the bartenders were so much fun to talk with.
Some times, it has been very crowded, other times not so much.
Agree that this place is very much what you make of it. Not sure we would have have quite as much fun if we were in one of the tables further from the bar.
Similar observation for Trader Sams, but there the show is all around you.

We go almost every trip. We sat at the bar last time and the bartenders were so entertaining. I’m addicted to the Carbon Freeze.

DW and DD15 are not star wars fans but loved it. DS15 and I are both star wars fans and we loved and appreciated it on a different level from the ladies.

It's definitely worth checking out. It's a really unique experience and really immersive. I don't really see it as a "bar atmosphere" especially with the 45 minute time limit.
Is it an option to get our drinks to go rather than stand at a table?
Probably, but I think if you did that you'd be missing out. It's not really about the drinks per se, but about the drinks in the cantina with its alien atmosphere. Lots of non-alcoholic choices as I remember.

Probably, but I think if you did that you'd be missing out. It's not really about the drinks per se, but about the drinks in the cantina with its alien atmosphere. Lots of non-alcoholic choices as I remember.
Agree. The drinks are ok, but expensive. Its really about the atmosphere. If you want the drinks to go, I would go to Brown Derby lounge or BaseLine Taphouse instead.

Agree. The drinks are ok, but expensive. Its really about the atmosphere. If you want the drinks to go, I would go to Brown Derby lounge or BaseLine Taphouse instead.
I've had more alcohol in rum cake! The pre mixed drinks are tasty and pretty but basically juice. You're right go elsewhere for real drinks or do what I'll do from here on out and stick to the not too overpriced beer. Not the beer flight though they'll sucker you into getting the fancy paddleboard for 85 bucks.

We loved it! We were EXHAUSTED after a full day at the park, but, magically, everyone had energy for our after park closed reservations. It's all about the atmosphere. Get the crazy non-alcoholic jello in a petrie dish. Seriously! I keep meaning to search online for the recipe, so I can make it at home. The four of us shared a table with a couple who goes to Oga's often and they were lots of fun to visit with; later three more joined our table and they never spoke. Our server was in character the entire time, which was fantastic, as I ordered a drink that was "not recommended for my species."

Yes, the drinks are pricey, but all of Disney is pricey. Enjoy the weird flavors and the unique textures, while you are "on planet."

I guess some folks might really enjoy Oga‘s.

If we were out with a group of friends and did not mind spending a ton of money on unique drinks then it might be fun. Our family of 5 was there last summer, actually had two reservations booked but left early from our first one and canceled the second. I’m glad we did it but it was absolutely a “one and done” for us. The unique drinks were cool but definitely not worth the cost and the atmosphere was just so-so because it is so crowded in there. There was no way to pull yourself from the real world and feel like you were somehow in a Star Wars Cantina. Too many guests in there that obviously and justifiably are just normal Hollywood Studio guests and everything just felt more commercialized than it should for a immersive Star Wars bar.

In our opinion it was one of the most overhyped thing in all of Walt Disney World.

Probably the best thing to do AFAIC is to ride Star Tours first, then go to Oga's. There's rarely a wait, and it gives plenty of immersion that you can then bring with you to the Cantina.

if you don't like Star Wars, then don't go and let those of us who love it get the ADRs. Thanks!

We have reservations for 9 people, 2 of which are under 6. Are they allowed in? If not can just 5 show up or will the others get charged? Thanks!

We have reservations for 9 people, 2 of which are under 6. Are they allowed in? If not can just 5 show up or will the others get charged? Thanks!
All ages can get in. There's fun drinks for the kids, too. The under 6s would need you to ask for a booth (as long as you mean years, not feet :D)

Between the building experiences and your reservation, snag Ronto wraps at Ronto Roasters. They're delicious, and will make for a good light dinner before the cantina.

BTW, my profile pic was taken after a late Oga's reservation after park close. So that's what you can expect. It's also super cool to be in any Disney park when it's completely vacant. Ask me about my Hurricane Dorian trip some time.
I have to add that to the plan. Thanks. I want us to try to experience as much as we can.

We rarely drink alcohol but we might get one. I don't like the idea of wasting money on drinks that we don't know if we will like. The only type of drink that I know I like is a Pina Colada. It will be more for the atmosphere.

We do lots of things for our kids. This is one thing I plan to do for my kids even though I am not that into it. That is why I asked about it. I am sure the rest of my family will enjoy it and that is why I am keeping the reservations. Thanks!

So not a Star Wars fan but I think Oga's is a blast! the bar tenders are funny and entertaining, the atmosphere is super cool and the drinks are yummy. I've been twice and if I could have gotten a walk up, I would have gone a third time. Don't overthink it, just go and experience it.

I have to ask: are the CM's in character? or is this just an assumption people are making? So if so is it supposed to be like 50's Prime Time? or more like Skipper Canteen (just some jokes, etc.)

I guess some folks might really enjoy Oga‘s.

If we were out with a group of friends and did not mind spending a ton of money on unique drinks then it might be fun. Our family of 5 was there last summer, actually had two reservations booked but left early from our first one and canceled the second. I’m glad we did it but it was absolutely a “one and done” for us. The unique drinks were cool but definitely not worth the cost and the atmosphere was just so-so because it is so crowded in there. There was no way to pull yourself from the real world and feel like you were somehow in a Star Wars Cantina. Too many guests in there that obviously and justifiably are just normal Hollywood Studio guests and everything just felt more commercialized than it should for a immersive Star Wars bar.

In our opinion it was one of the most overhyped thing in all of Walt Disney World.
I hope to really enjoy the Rise of the Resistance ride and the Smugglers Run ride. I think the sabers and droids are way overpriced but my sons are still making them. We don't plan to go back to Disney after this trip and they are spending their own money on it. I will try to enjoy it for their sake even if the drinks are not worth the money. We plan to buy the blue and green milk even though we probably won't like it either.

if you don't like Star Wars, then don't go and let those of us who love it get the ADRs. Thanks!
We do lots of things for our kids. This is one thing I plan to do for my kids even though I am not that into it. That is why I asked about it. I am sure the rest of my family will enjoy it and that is why I am keeping the reservations. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter