Oga's Cantina. What's the big deal?

I hope to really enjoy the Rise of the Resistance ride and the Smugglers Run ride. I think the sabers and droids are way overpriced but my sons are still making them. We don't plan to go back to Disney after this trip and they are spending their own money on it. I will try to enjoy it for their sake even if the drinks are not worth the money. We plan to buy the blue and green milk even though we probably won't like it either.
It’s worth trying for sure! Maybe you’ll love it! Have a magical vacation!

Dan

I have to ask: are the CM's in character? or is this just an assumption people are making? So if so is it supposed to be like 50's Prime Time? or more like Skipper Canteen (just some jokes, etc.)
We've been dragged to Oga's a few times by family members who wanted to see what it was like. (I wish we all where there at the same time so I'd only have to do Oga's once!)

It's more like most WDW restaurants. The Cast Members are friendly but busy.

We like pretty much every other bar at Disney's Hollywood Studios more:
  • Baseline Taphouse. (Nothing beats a 22-ounce beer outdoors when the weather is nice.)
  • The bar at 50's Prime Time Cafe.
  • The bar at Hollywood Brown Derby.

I hope to really enjoy the Rise of the Resistance ride and the Smugglers Run ride.
We are modest Star Wars fans but love both of these.

Smuggler's Run really feels like flying the Millenium Falcon - it's my favorite flight simulator.

IMO, Rise of the Resistance is the best attraction in all of Orlando, including anything at Universal or SeaWorld. Being to end, it's a full experience!

We had a 9:30 reservation with a 9:00 park close. Not only did we get to linger in an empty park and get pictures, but 2 of the guys in our party ended up in a lightsaber battle with some CMs. They definitely had the advantage, though, since the CMs' "lightsabers" were actually a broom and a mop....

I have to ask: are the CM's in character? or is this just an assumption people are making? So if so is it supposed to be like 50's Prime Time? or more like Skipper Canteen (just some jokes, etc.)
My bartender was very in character when I went in May 2022! She had to "step out" of character to explain to us what was *really* on our charcuterie board, lol. Star Wars lingo was definitely used, so fun!! It may depend on the cast member though, unsure.

The drinks are very unique and I think it was worth it! It reminded me of a less interactive Trader Sam's - things were happening around us, but not because of any drinks we ordered. All the bartenders started yelling/chanting something (?) at one point and encouraged guests to do the same. Very fun! The "DJ" also made some announcements, like before they played THE cantina theme.

I wouldn't order the charcuterie again, mostly for price (Holy twenty eight dollars batman!) but everything was delicious.

We also had an 8:45am reservation, it may make a difference when you go. (15 minutes after opening, maybe it's more lively. what a way to "wake up"!)

It's a really fun bar where everything from the drinks to the bartenders to the music is designed to look and feel like you're in the Star Wars movies. For non-fans, it's still an interesting bar with expensive but average by Disney standards drinks. You wouldn't go for the food, since all they have are snacks and they're just ok. But they do have some good drinks and the theming is really what you're there for.

They are in character, not as much as 50's but they will tell you where they're from and talk shop if you ask.

In general yes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter