• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old and New Magic Bands

erinspiglet

Earning My Ears
My friends and I were in Disney World last January and have the old magic bands. We are going again in October and were wondering if the old magic bands are compatible with the new system. Does anyone know?

Yes, our old ones still work. But now you can pop the center out and put it in a (purchased) decorative band, or keychain, or whatever. I also find the new ones more comfortable.

We have the old ones and they work. My kids have some of the highly collectible ones and they don't want to retire them for the new ones. We rock the old school look, we're cool like that. :hippie:
Haha!

I read somewhere that the batteries in the Magic Bands last about 2 years before they go bad.

I read somewhere that the batteries in the Magic Bands last about 2 years before they go bad.

The batteries are only necessary for long-range things like ride photos, though. They're not necessary for park entrance, using FPs, or hotel room entrance (or anything else where you touch the MB to something).

Ours are about 4 years old and still going strong. No issues.
We successfully get photopass/ride photos and everything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter