***OLD***DisDivas and Family October Mini Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stacie, what ideas did he have? Or are they top secret? ;)

I still want to dress up. I don't know how or as what, but I have time to work on it. Heck, I might end up wearing jeans, a white tee, tying a bandana around my neck, putting on a cowboy hat and calling myself a cowgirl. :rotfl2: I don't know how simple or elaborate it will be at this point.

Stacie, what ideas did he have? Or are they top secret? ;)

I still want to dress up. I don't know how or as what, but I have time to work on it. Heck, I might end up wearing jeans, a white tee, tying a bandana around my neck, putting on a cowboy hat and calling myself a cowgirl. :rotfl2: I don't know how simple or elaborate it will be at this point.

He was thinking about being an Army Soldier. I think he got inspired by the new GI Joe trailer we saw over the weekend. He has the costume already. I don't know if I will dress with him, or just do my own thing.

I think Cowgirl is cute. Our department dressed as Cowgirls one year. The kids loved it.

Cheryl and Heather, I see a costume as a way for any size to enjoy themselves! You've got "permission" to wear lots of flowly fabric, turn yourself into anything, even an inanimate object!

It is likely to be on the mild side, so even dog costumes could work.

I'm going costume, just have some time to decide what.

He was thinking about being an Army Soldier. I think he got inspired by the new GI Joe trailer we saw over the weekend. He has the costume already. I don't know if I will dress with him, or just do my own thing.

I think Cowgirl is cute. Our department dressed as Cowgirls one year. The kids loved it.
I can see him as a soldier! That's cool. What if you went with a 50's pin up girl look? Or like his girl waiting back home or something? I don't know how to explain it but something like this:

http://fotosa.ru/stock_photo/Fancy by Veer/p_2706308.jpg

You can curl your hair the way they do. (Just don't ask me how! I never could figure that out.) And wear the red lipstick. You'd look hot! I can totally picture you in that 50's style.

OR get inspiration from Christina Aguilera's "Candyman" video. She has some really cute looks in there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrqb1F3W4MU

It's fun to think of the possibilities. Especially when you are bored.....like I am now. :rotfl:

Cute ideas Beth. Might have to think about those.

Just found out I got approved for my time off in Oct!!!!! My boss can't believe I know what I am doing that far out. :rotfl:

Stacie - I know, me too.
I have everyday scheduled that I will need off through the end of the year. And I never call in sick. At least I haven't for over five years. My co-workers plan a month or two out. I could submit my request for Feb 26 & Mar 1, 2010, but my boss wants us to wait until he gets his 2010 calendar so he can put it down (I am in charge of the Outlook Public Calendar viewed by all;)). And if they knew where I was going for 5 days in Feb, they would all be doing this...:sad2:

Our Oct trip is less than 5 months out!:)

Beth, is that pic Audrey Hepburn, or a look-a-like?
You find the most original sayings and pictures to post!

Thanks, it's from Mother's Day.
Which was all about me and DL!:cutie: Oh, and DD & DH;)

Just found out I got approved for my time off in Oct!!!!! My boss can't believe I know what I am doing that far out. :rotfl:
Whoo hoo for days off!!

Beth, is that pic Audrey Hepburn, or a look-a-like?
You find the most original sayings and pictures to post!
It's a look alike. I just found it online and thought it was interesting. :rotfl: But you know me, it probably won't be in there long.

I agree with Stacie, I LOVE that pic of you and Brianne.

This is more of what I was thinking of:
retro.jpg

Not saying you have to like any of those ideas, lol, just that's more of what I had in mind to go with a soldier uniform. Remember that shop we went into in Planet Hollywood? That retro/vintage shop? That place was so neat. I'd buy something from there in a heartbeat.........if they had my size. :rotfl2:

I wish I could make my hair curl the way they do. I wonder how they do that? :confused:

This is more of what I was thinking of:
retro.jpg

Not saying you have to like any of those ideas, lol, just that's more of what I had in mind to go with a soldier uniform. Remember that shop we went into in Planet Hollywood? That retro/vintage shop? That place was so neat. I'd buy something from there in a heartbeat.........if they had my size. :rotfl2:

I wish I could make my hair curl the way they do. I wonder how they do that? :confused:

Aren't you the bestest thinking I can fit into one of those dresses. :rotfl2:

I totally get the look you are looking for.

:)
StaciegirL..what if you went as Barbie since he's going as G.I.Joe.
Here is a link to show the way people created a little barbie doll box
http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/online-halloween-costume.html#c2

Materials Needed:
•Pink Clothes
•Make-Up
•Blonde Wig

Or.. you could dress up like one of the It's a Small World Dolls.:goodvibes

Thank you so much for the link to that site! It is great! We always make really unique costumes and I've used ideas from Disney's Family Fun Magazine site. The site that you posted is very similar to that, but after all these years of searching, I've never seen that one. A lot of the costume ideas there are new to me, and very unique, so I'm so glad that you posted this!

Just saying hi! :wave2:

I'm not sure what I want to be. I'm thinking something from the 40s or so. What do you ladies suggest for me? I can post more photos of myself to help you out. I have no clue yet. :confused3

Judy.. Glad it was useful to You!:goodvibes

Masssssssssssssssss AttacK Hugs for the EveryBodY:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter