• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old news...But can we talk? Shrek was dreck!

Johare, I think his point would be that Disney's comercails would occur after the years was over and that Dreamworks was being presumtuous.
That's only because Monsters was released in November. It's not unusual for any studio to proclaim that they have the 'biggest movie of the year' if they find themselves in that position.

I also agree that box office numbers won't play a big part in deciding the Oscar. Heck, the more I think about it I'm not sure why I even want Shrek to win the Oscar...typically the movies that win Oscar's are the ones which I find boring. Either way, it's going to be close and tough to pick the winner before it's actually announced.

We rented Shrek this past weekend. We (wife and three kids) enjoyed it more than
Monsters inc.

For those griping about the fart jokes, I remember a little Disney film called
"The Lion King" that had its fair share of bathroom humor.....remember..?

Three year old son loved Monsters, as well as Lion King, Peter Pan, and others.

Shrek didn't hold his attention for more than 5 minutes.

For every yin, there's a yang.

He found his aroma lacked a certain appeal
He could clear the savannah after every meal

I'm a sensitive soul though I seem thick-skinned
And it hurt that my friends never stood downwind
And oh, the shame He was ashamed
Thought of changin' my name What's in a name?
And I got downhearted How did ya feel?
Everytime that I...

Hey! Pumbaa! Not in front of the kids!
Oh. Sorry

Above comments true, Yoho & Steven...except Shrek would have just said "it" rather than use innuendo. It reminds m of comedy...What's funny? I always liked Richard Prior in spite of his rather blue language & material but my poor old Mom & Dad could never get past that. Cursing, bathroom humor & the like are easy but perhaps easy to take too far as well my thoughts of Shrek).

As for me, I still haven't seen Monsters but we watched Shrek again and I must say...My wife watched only about 5 minutes the second time. My 12 year old daughter watched maybe 15 minutes. My 8 year old watched the whole thing, again (mostly alone) and I watched the last 1/2 hour with her. I have come to realize that the Pirate, er, ah Crook family is not the "average" customer (whatever that may be)...
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter