OMG!! Just found out I am pregnant!!

Eeyoreloverforever

Mouseketeer
And one of my biggest worries is that we have a trip planned for Otober 18-29 2003 and I figured I will be 30 weeks. Is this duable(sp?)? We would be flying, we have a dd who is 5 and the in-laws are coming too. Any special care I should take or special plans I should make?

I can't help you with whether or not your trip is duable or not, I can't remember that far back!LOL

But after our last trip this past weekend, I saw a lot of women in that state and they seemed to be doing alright!

Congratulations!

Scratch
:smooth:

Congrats! I'm also expecting - due August 5th!

I would check with whom ever you are buying travel insurance from to make sure you are covered. I was looking into going to Minneapolis next month however Blue Cross travel insurance will not cover you after a certain week of preganacy (I think it's 32 weeks).

If you are not covered by travel insurance and something happens you could have a HUGE medical bill from the U.S. I would definately check this out!!

I went when I was 22 weeks, and all was fine!! I also went to Nova Scotia when I was 33 weeks along, and all was fine on that trip, BUT he was born a month early!!

Make sure you check the insurance stuff, so important!!

Here's to a great pregnancy, CHEERS!!

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting for you!! :bounce:

The insurance thing is a MUST!

I flew out west when I was 5 months along with Dan and my OBGYN did an ultrasound before I went to see if things were okay.

WOW! Congratulations you must be so excited!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Congrats!!!!

Definitely check your insurance. Most won't allow for travel after 32 weeks, and many airlines don't like it either. Also be sure to check with your doctor. There are many rides you shouldn't do, but the warnings are posted on them. As long as you take breaks and are healthy otherwise you should have a great time.

Hi ~ CONGRATS! HOW VERY EXCITING FOR YOU!

....just my little story ~ we took dd to WDW for the first time when she was 4.5 years old. On the plane home, I promised we would to back to WDW in 18 months ~ it seemed like a good plan. Nine months after my promise, I got pregnant with ds. My due date was the exact time we planned to go to WDW. I re-promised that we would go to WDW when the new baby was about one year old. We kept that promise and went back when ds was 15 months old. Babies are so portable! So much so, we went again the year later when ds was 2 years and 4 months old. S

Eeyoreloverforever -

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope you have a wonderful time at WDW. I went to WDW around the same point in my pregnancy - maybe 29 weeks? - and I had a great time. In addition to any insurance concerns, make sure you travel with a note from your doctor stating that you're fit for air travel. I think my doctor's note stated that I was fine to travel until a date which corresponded to the 32nd or 34th week of my pregnancy.

Having said that, we also made it the most relaxing WDW trip that we've ever taken. Since DS was 2 1/2 at the time, we returned each and every afternoon for a nap in our hotel, and I needed it as much if not more than he did. I made sure to drink lots of water, and took advantage of the times DH wanted to go on one of the "big" rides to sit down with my son for a snack, or line up to see one of the characters. I avoided all of the rides which Disney listed as being inappropriate for pregnant women, but that still meant that there was lots to do at each park.

Have fun!

Congratulations! I went to WDW just for a day when I was about 30 weeks. Didn't know it was Presidents Day, and it was very hot and busy. I did have major problems with swelling during my pregnancy, and by the end of the day at MK, I was in tears because my legs hurt so badly. The swelling didn't go down for several days (and I was just sitting around the pool), and I had some weird red rash thing that apparently was caused by the swelling/heat combo. I'm not trying to put a damper on your plans, but if you do notice that you're having a lot of swelling, you might want to reconsider. If your pregnancy is going great, by all means, go and have a great time :)

Mary Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter