OMG- Zhu Zhu Pets are they the new Cabbage Patch Kids????

I'm so thinking I should've known that.......LOL! Thank you! :) I'll be on the Look Out for these in our area! :)

My kids haven't asked for them yet -

that is why I love the Disney channel - no commercials!!!

After seeing this thread, I asked my DD (10 1/2) if she's heard of these and she said no. She watches a lot of Disney Channel and Nickelodeon and hasn't seen any of the commercials (unless she just ignored them).

What age group are these directed toward?

My DD has never heard of them either and we watch Disney Channel a lot. She did say they look cute when I showed her the pictures.

I had had them in my cart on amazon, b/c they were supposed to be released on Sept 1 and the price was $29.99....I need two for my two younger kids. But then the price went up to some crazy amount...so I saved it to my wish list, hoping the price will come down once they are actually out in the market. Maybe we can all watch amazon and post when/if the price drops down to the original amount.

r4blessings...how does the cart at Amazon.com work?? If I put them in my cart....so they stay there and does the price fluctuate when the site does?? :confused3 Does it "save" them for me? I've not purchased from there before....TIA-Barb

Update... my daughter is going to TRU this morning, a manager she knows there told her they are expected to be on the truck, but be to be forwarned that there have been people lining up for these damn things. I will update after I hear from her to see if she actually got anything, my biggest fear is that she is going to be able to get the tubes/habitrail but not the HAMSTERS! what a bit*h this is- damn toy manufactures.

Regarding the question about Amazon, the prices for these things are a rip off, a starter kit that is suppose to be $19.99 in TRU is $104 on Amazon, they deal with many diff. vendors, so I haven't gotten to that point as of yet to pay that much over the retail.

Let's all post when we find them ok?

My kid asked too and I told her nope. I didn't even realize they were nuts to find so I'm glad I already broke her heart :rotfl:.

I just don't see the point of going to insanity and paying triple the price for something that will be quickly forgotten. A week after christmas they will be everywhere, if any of your kids gets gift cards or cash as gifts they can buy one a week later.

r4blessings...how does the cart at Amazon.com work?? If I put them in my cart....so they stay there and does the price fluctuate when the site does?? :confused3 Does it "save" them for me? I've not purchased from there before....TIA-Barb

It will save it for later but the price is not saved. If it goes up you pay that price, if it goes down you pay the cheaper price whenever you decide to checkout. Amazon is crazy with the fluctuations. Also make sure you are buying from amazon to qualify for free shipping with $25 and to not pay inflated prices.

I just saw these pets are available for pre-order (2-4 weeks) at Target.com.

DD6 wants them, but she's getting a DS lite for Christmas, so these aren't going to happen since it'll really add up to get a decent set.

Don't forget going through the AAA or ebates sites for a discount or cash back!

HORRAY!! My daughter's friend at TRU hooked her up, she got the 4 pack of hamsters and a few of the add ons, but not the basic tubes that she needs, but it's at least something!! So we are still on the quest for Zhu Zhu's habitrail.... Don't give up Budget board friends... Don't pay those inflated prices, just keep trying!!! I will keep my eyes on the websites and post if anything becomes available!

BTW, she is not giving to GS until she can find the rest of it, he is way too young to understand the "supply & demand" theory!!

OK I passed a TRU this mroning and was thinking why are there that many cars at TRU this morning! I bet it was for these!! My son would like it but it would be just like Spike the dinosaur from last year - collecting dust.

We live in AZ & the mom of one of my daughter's friends invited us over to do some filming for the internet ad for these things (they were called Go Go pets at the time). There were about 10 kids there of varying ages from 4 to 10. They all were intrigued for a short while, but the hamsters kept getting caught in the tunnels & wouldn't go down the spiral slides. Really, the 4 year old was the only one with any interest longer than 10 or 15 minutes. The kids all got to take a pet home with them and ours are in the bottom of a closet somewhere (my two are among the older ones 10 & 8, but I understand that the younger kids are not playing with theirs anymore either).

So, my advice to all the BBers is to let your kid's friend's parents buy these & your kids can all play with them for the 10 minutes that they are still fun & then you all save the $$. LOL!

OK I passed a TRU this mroning and was thinking why are there that many cars at TRU this morning! I bet it was for these!! My son would like it but it would be just like Spike the dinosaur from last year - collecting dust.

My DD is still asking for Spike and I'm still saying no. Her friend has one that rarely gets played with, and she can play with it anytime she visits his house. I might get her the little one $25 for her birthday or Christmas if TRU does a BOGO on Imaginext, but otherwise she's out of luck.

hahaha, we have Spike too!!! He just sits in the corner, never touched- but everytime we go to the store GS has to stop and play with him!!!

I cannot believe it, but I was just at Walmart and there they were...so I grabbed the last Funhouse and two hamsters, along with a car and garage. I feel like I won the lottery or something.

Finished assembling, and as it always is, these things are a cute idea but pretty junky and NOT worth one cent over the regular price...let alone those marked up ones on Amazon. Do yourself a favor and wait for it to pop up somewhere for the normal price. Once you see these in action you will kick yourself for spending more.

I was just going to order them from target.com but the shipping is CRAZY:scared1: It was $40 for shipping on a $64 bill. Anyone else have this crazy experience.

I was just going to order them from target.com but the shipping is CRAZY:scared1: It was $40 for shipping on a $64 bill. Anyone else have this crazy experience.

YES!! I started to order them yesterday, I put everything into my cart, total came to about $115 (got everything, all accessories) and started to check out and shipping put the price of the order to OVER $200!!!!! I just closed the website, that's insane!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter