OMG- Zhu Zhu Pets are they the new Cabbage Patch Kids????

ds wants some hamster kit for his bday in Nov.. I guess I need to start looking now..

I cannot believe it, but I was just at Walmart and there they were...so I grabbed the last Funhouse and two hamsters, along with a car and garage. I feel like I won the lottery or something.

Finished assembling, and as it always is, these things are a cute idea but pretty junky and NOT worth one cent over the regular price...let alone those marked up ones on Amazon. Do yourself a favor and wait for it to pop up somewhere for the normal price. Once you see these in action you will kick yourself for spending more.

Ok well, TRU has nothing here sold out of all their stuff..next shipment is on Wednesday. I stopped by a different walmart today. they are starting to get some of these in. I already have 4 of the pets so i am good there, but I saw they had the kitchen/bathroom combo funhouse thingee..so I got that and the Ball for them to run around in..they had the car and some other tubes as well. I just figured that was enough for now and will add as time goes on. Now after reading this, i am not so sure. Are you saying honestly this is crap? Really not worth the money? Is it easy to take apart? Meaning if I put it together to see what it is like, if I feel it is crap, I can take it apart and take it back to Walmart?UGGG stinking toy makers!

just tried...and got a page that said they were not available..:sad2:.darn...Barb
Please keep us posted ... thanks

Luckily, DD6 is obsessed with a Ds this Christmas, so I haven't even heard about anything else!
Instead of boycotting the toy companies, I am all in favor of boycotting (permanently) all the toy "scalpers"! The only reason that someone can sell a toy for the 3 times the price is because someone is willing to pay 3 times the price. I want to see some of these vultures begin their new year with a closet full of furbies (or whatever the "it" toy happens to be!

DD9, almost 10 wants a REAL hamster for her Bday. I have already said NOW WAY to that. I will be the one cleaning the cage. This battery opperated pet may work instead. mmmmm

Target is insane. I added $130 of Go-Go pets to my cart (which are the Zhu-Zhu hamsters), thought I could be the "cool aunt" for our friends kids by buying early. [Yes, I am the one who stood in line in a Chicago snow storm for a Wii--line got real short once the sleet started!] To ship $130 of toys to my suburban Chicago house the shipping charge was $70. :scared1:

Assuming this was wrong, I called Target. On my third call I got a supervisor, who told me that was correct (he also could not tell me when a US call center would be opened, in my attempts to speak to someone who could understand the totality of the issue)??!! I have traded email with their customer un-service a couple of times, but they just keep sending canned responses, that are unhelpful and moronic.

Moral of the story, as others have complained, either their shipping calculator is wacked or they're new business model is to survive on their shipping charges. I checked out Toys R Us, they have some I can presale for Nov. At Toys R Us the shipping charges are in line with the cost of the items. Ring up a sale for Toys R Us!

Note to self, sell any remaining Target stock.

I can't find them on target.com. Help!

There is a link in post #36.

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered and will be paying the inflated shipping. I would rather pay that shipping than give any money to the ebayers who deplete the store's stock for their selling purposes and leave nothing for the parents who can't pay their outrageous prices.
I'll be on the look out at b&m stores until I get the shipping notice, if I find them I'll just cancel the order and won't have to pay the shipping :goodvibes

PBS & our DVR are my best friends... :) phew...

That's like us, only Noggin and DVR! Although I did ask my 4yr old ds if he saw a commericial for a toy hamster that rolls around in a ball and in tubes and he goes, uh yeah I'm getting that for Christmas! Uh, no I don't think you are was my response.

Wait, they are normally under $10 but other sites have them for over $30? Wow!

. I checked out Toys R Us, they have some I can presale for Nov. At Toys R Us the shipping charges are in line with the cost of the items. Ring up a sale for Toys R Us!

How do you do presale on toyrus? Thanks!!

oops never mind, just went back and saw some that were presale. lol

I am doing the pre-order from Toys R Us - if I find them in store first, I'll buy them just in case the pre-order doesn't come in time for Christmas or something, but I can't drive all over the countryside this year (we used to live in a city with tons of stores in a small radius - now it is 35 miles to the closest city with ONE Target and ONE Toys R Us).

I also had that experience from Target online with the outrageous shipping - I've emailed customer service a couple of times too, thinking it was a mistake - I'm still not entirely convinced it ISN'T a mistake, but they've been unhelpful to this point.

And to re-iterate what some PPs have said, on some websites you have to search "gogo pets" to find them. The set on Toys R Us is $85, includes fun house, exercise wheel, garage with car, sleep dome, adventure ball, and 2 hamsters.

My daughter is asking for these, but she is also asking for some doll she saw on Nick? Her and her friend said they look something like bratz and you can do stuff with their hair. Anyone have any idea what they are talking about? lol

I went back and cancelled my Target order and preordered from TRU...I just got the 3 pack of creatures....I'll let their parents deal with the "furnishings";)
thanks again for the tip!! Barb

My daughter is asking for these, but she is also asking for some doll she saw on Nick? Her and her friend said they look something like bratz and you can do stuff with their hair. Anyone have any idea what they are talking about? lol

I think she's talking about the LIV dolls. I see that commercial when dd is watching iCarly.

ETA I went to Walmart to see if they had any of the hamsters or sets, but they didn't even have a shelf spot for them. While I was there I saw some dolls called Moxie Girlz that looked alot like Bratz, maybe she's talking about those. HTH.

OMG

My sister just told me about these the other night on FB. I work at target and my store does not have them yet. But if y'all are talking about em, I'm betting they'll be a Black Friday special. Sure hope i see them b4 then and i'll pick them up. Guess we'll find out.

I just checked my Target and they do not have them yet.

In case you are wondering, the Target I checked is in S FLA

I am going to check Walmart, toys r us and Target tomorrow while dd is in school for these things. No way am I paying amazon prices.

Luckily, DD6 is obsessed with a Ds this Christmas, so I haven't even heard about anything else!
Instead of boycotting the toy companies, I am all in favor of boycotting (permanently) all the toy "scalpers"! The only reason that someone can sell a toy for the 3 times the price is because someone is willing to pay 3 times the price. I want to see some of these vultures begin their new year with a closet full of furbies (or whatever the "it" toy happens to be!

TOTALLY AGREE! When my daughter worked as a manager at TRU she said the most frustrating thing was seeing people waiting on lines for hot toys that you knew were buying them for E-bay sales, I think E-bay should crack down on these things, it is like scalping concert tickets, shouldn't be legal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter