? On Minimum Stay Requirement

antmaril

DIS Veteran
I have been trying to make a reservation at RPR in a standard or waterview room w/2 queens for four nights in February (17-21). I have been told there are none available. I did make a reservation in a king suite for those nights at the rate of $299, which is really more than I want to spend, but will if I have to. The other day I called again and the reservationist said that if I booked five nights instead of four, she could offer me a waterview room. She suggested I book five nights and then cancel one night when I check-in. I didn't do it because the waterview room was $249 and the suite is $299 - not enough of a difference. However, once the discounts come out (hopefully soon) I may want to try again for a standard view or waterview, rather than the suite. Are any of you aware of this minimum stay requirement and have you every done what was suggested? Any ramifications from canceling the last night once you get there?

Hello antmaril- I can tell you that the minimum req. is used for Entertainment rate bookings. Last year I wanted a room at the HRH at the Entertainment rate of 125.00 a night. My vacation was from 1/16-1/24, and I was going to spend some time at a Disney resort and some time at HRH. I asked for ANY 3 day grouping at the HRH and was told no, completely booked for the Entertainment rate, but they did have the rate if I added 1 more day, but the dates were for the middle of my stay, and I didn't want to move twice during my vacation. I asked if I could stay at HRH for my whole stay at the Entertainment rate and they said no problem. It seems that stays of 4 or more days can in fact get you into the hotel and get you better rates.

mark and sandra:

Thanks for your reply. I do have four nights booked at the RPR in a king suite. When speaking with the reservationist, I was not asking for discounts. I just wanted to book a standard room with two queens at the regular rate for four nights and then look for discounts later. They would not give me the room for four nights, only five.

Maybe something will open up later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter