Once Upon A Time Reboot

My husband quit watching after how bad last season was, but I'm sticking with it and I genuinely love this season. It actually feels like first season Once Upon a Time again, with everyone having real-world problems like child custody, actual medical problems, and starting a small business. I've always enjoyed the show, but once everything was magic all the time I thought it got kind of boring - I'm glad to see the blend of real-world & fantasy again. I hate what they've done with Cinderella's story, but I do like the actress playing her (we saw her on "Devious Maids," where she was FAR more annoying), and I think the twists they've done on the other stories have been pretty interesting! I hope they're able to keep it going for maybe one more season after this because I think it deserves that chance, but if someone were to tell me that it's going to continue for six more seasons I'd probably quit now.

I don't like this Cinderella either. She doesn't speak clearly at all. Most other actors/actresses can feign an American accent (British, Australian, other countries) but why can't she? Just so she can speak clearer.

Hook is the other realm hook.

Regina and Rumple are the original Enchanted Forest ones. Rumple crossed over to this other realm after Belle passed away, in search of the guardian.

I just assumed that she is supposed to have the accent she does and not an American one.

Speaking of accents, we noticed that Rumple as Weaver had more of his actual Scottish accent (which I loved hearing) than he does as Rumple or did as Gold. I lave the fact that the actor can put in these differences.

They will of course just as in the original storyline.

I just can't like the Cinderella character. The actress is just too rough looking for me. There's more connections and backstory we don't know yet. I don't like the reboot and I think that may end the series prematurely. There's other things about the storyline I don't like, but it wouldn't be PC of me to say why so I'll just say I just can't get into this show anymore.

Well now you made me curious! Lol.

Don't need a PC/non PC discussion I guess but I am racking my brain trying to figure out what you mean.

Series should have ended after season 6.

But really, it should have ended after 2 or 3.

Ahhh, but I am so glad it didn't! We have loved this series. Enough that we buy the DVDs after every season!

The only season that I think could have been done better was the one with Elsa and Ana. I liked some things about it but not everything. And I would have liked to see more of Merida.

They will of course just as in the original storyline.

I just can't like the Cinderella character. The actress is just too rough looking for me. There's more connections and backstory we don't know yet. I don't like the reboot and I think that may end the series prematurely. There's other things about the storyline I don't like, but it wouldn't be PC of me to say why so I'll just say I just can't get into this show anymore.
Saying she looks rough is about the most polite way it can be phrased. Between her perpetual case of crazy eyes, her inability to enunciate, and her general appearance, to be blunt....she reminds me of a drug addict. Slurs her speech, has bug eyes that look like she's on the verge of a psychotic break, and puts me in mind of how "wired" some addicts look. I could go into more detail, but that summarizes it. I cannot get past how bad a job they did when casting this part.

Saying she looks rough is about the most polite way it can be phrased. Between her perpetual case of crazy eyes, her inability to enunciate, and her general appearance, to be blunt....she reminds me of a drug addict. Slurs her speech, has bug eyes that look like she's on the verge of a psychotic break, and puts me in mind of how "wired" some addicts look. I could go into more detail, but that summarizes it. I cannot get past how bad a job they did when casting this part.
I agree with all of this. And the little whine she always has when she talks. It was a really, really bad casting choice.

My wife and I lost interest after season 1, but watched season 2 anyway. But that was it for us.

I've watched every season but only bought season 1 on DVD. I was recently gifted season 2.

But I've never been tempted to buy any of the other seasons. Frozen, Merida, King Arthur, and the whole Zelena and Hades storylines were crazy. I still can't figure out why Hook was in the underworld and why he got to return after helping defeat Hades. That wasn't the point of him being there, but whatever.

I don't like this whole witches thing. It just creeps me out. What does everyone think will happen in March? Break the curse and save Lucy or keep the curse and save Henry? I hope they can find a way to do both.

I wasn’t sure about this season and initially didn’t watch, but I recently caught up and really liked this past episode. The problem is I liked it because of the old characters. I really haven’t developed an interest in the new cast, even the older version of Henry. There is no feel of who Henry developed into over 6 seasons in the new casting.

Cinderella’s accent doesn’t bother me, where I live that acccent is very common. Lady Tremaine’s on the other hand drives me nuts. It feels too forced. In general, I just don’t think the new cast can hold their own with Regina, Rumple and Hook around.

I wasn’t sure about this season and initially didn’t watch, but I recently caught up and really liked this past episode. The problem is I liked it because of the old characters. I really haven’t developed an interest in the new cast, even the older version of Henry. There is no feel of who Henry developed into over 6 seasons in the new casting.

Cinderella’s accent doesn’t bother me, where I live that acccent is very common. Lady Tremaine’s on the other hand drives me nuts. It feels too forced. In general, I just don’t think the new cast can hold their own with Regina, Rumple and Hook around.

It's not the fact that she has an accent that bothers me. A large percentage of the people where I live speak Spanish as their first language, so speaking English with an accent is something I am used to. It's her inability to enunciate and failure to speak clearly that rubs me the wrong way. Most actors can speak with an accent and still be intelligible.

I don't like this whole witches thing. It just creeps me out. What does everyone think will happen in March? Break the curse and save Lucy or keep the curse and save Henry? I hope they can find a way to do both.

They are creepy. This season is a bit darker although I thought the season with Peter Pan was pretty dark (and one of my favorite seasons). I keep wanting to see who they are.

I am sure they will find a way to do both just how I don't know. With Rumple, Regina and Zelena not having magic, I wonder if someone will have to come to help.

I don't either, it's getting a bit dark for my liking. I was glad to see Zelena though! Another familiar face!
I'm sure they'll figure out a way to save both Henry and Lucy eventually. I can't see them killing off either one. Not permanently anyway. It is OUAT so even if one dies they'll find a way to save them! That's my thought, but I've been definitely been wrong before.

I don't know who's still watching, but I loved how they seemed in the Haunted Mansion in last show.

Yeah that part was awesome! I don’t like this whole coven thing though. I am only watching to see Rumple redeemed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter