Once Upon A Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good episode.

I can't really explain it, but last year's OUAT just had this particular feel to me, it was a bit more mysterious than this season. It also had a feeling like a warm fall night (yeah that one is weird but the first season makes me think of that).

This episode brought that same feel back. I think they should have played a funnier song when Regina kept waking up everyday and having it be the same. Like a real happy song so that when she kept waking up and not being as happy it'd be funny.

I really liked Graham season 1 but he didn't do anything for me this episode. Maybe because he was under the heart spell :confused3

I was pretty pleased that the curse started in 1983 cause that is when I was born. Makes me feel an odd little connection to the show.

This episode brought that same feel back. I think they should have played a funnier song when Regina kept waking up everyday and having it be the same. Like a real happy song so that when she kept waking up and not being as happy it'd be funny.

Actually this episode had not only the references to LOST but reminded me of Groundhog Day with Bill Murray - seemed the same thing happened every day with no changes and by the last time we saw it, Regina was visibly perturbed! :rotfl:

I loved last nights episode, I was disappointed that Graham's part was not what I had hoped since he was being controlled by Regina; he was my favorite in season 1. I agree that this particular episode was like season one in the way it made me feel. I spent the whole time thinking "is he Greg?" "no maybe not?" "wait, he has to be!" and such.

I guessed about 10 minutes into the show that Ethan Embry's character was the little boy. And I was right! I usually guess wrong when it comes to this show lol

Actually this episode had not only the references to LOST but reminded me of Groundhog Day with Bill Murray - seemed the same thing happened every day with no changes and by the last time we saw it, Regina was visibly perturbed! :rotfl:

I do think that reaction spoke a lot about her character though. She doesn't want to be loved or respected or even feared if people really don't mean it. I think if she would have put the curse on Henry she would have regretted it after a few days.

Also...I didn't realize every day was the same before Emma showed up. I realized that time stood still, but I thought they had different days.

That should have clued off Regina big time that Emma was a game changer because the days weren't all the same anymore.

Deb & Bill said:
Nah, Cora was evil from the beginning. Just a continuity problem.

I disagree. Before she took out her heart she was an angry person. She wanted more from life. But was she actually evil? We know she was a liar and not happy with her lot in life but does that make a person evil?

Mary Margaret blackened her heart by taking part in a premeditated murder basically.

Cora's heart was safely locked away in a box throughout all of her murders and wicked acts.

We have to guess that Regina's heart is very black. She still has hers and she does evil things.

I disagree. Before she took out her heart she was an angry person. She wanted more from life. But was she actually evil? We know she was a liar and not happy with her lot in life but does that make a person evil?

Mary Margaret blackened her heart by taking part in a premeditated murder basically.

Cora's heart was safely locked away in a box throughout all of her murders and wicked acts.

We have to guess that Regina's heart is very black. She still has hers and she does evil things.

What about Hook's heart then? He seems a pretty nasty pirate, and his heart was pretty red when we saw it. I'm on the side of continuity error.

What about Hook's heart then? He seems a pretty nasty pirate, and his heart was pretty red when we saw it. I'm on the side of continuity error.

Maybe it has to do with the person's feelings on what they did. I doubt Cora or Hook ever regretted what they did, or felt what they did was particularly evil. But, Mary Margaret felt horrible for what she did. I think she let the act blacken her heart by her reaction to it.

I do think that reaction spoke a lot about her character though. She doesn't want to be loved or respected or even feared if people really don't mean it. I think if she would have put the curse on Henry she would have regretted it after a few days.

Also...I didn't realize every day was the same before Emma showed up. I realized that time stood still, but I thought they had different days.

That should have clued off Regina big time that Emma was a game changer because the days weren't all the same anymore.

I don't think the days could repeat that way with Henry there. He doesn't do the same thing over and over again, so he would change that. Besides, Regina expressed how much she hated it, so there is no way she just let it continue. She probably figured out a way to change it before Henry showed up, or Henry was what changed it.

Maybe it has to do with the person's feelings on what they did. I doubt Cora or Hook ever regretted what they did, or felt what they did was particularly evil. But, Mary Margaret felt horrible for what she did. I think she let the act blacken her heart by her reaction to it.

I don't think the days could repeat that way with Henry there. He doesn't do the same thing over and over again, so he would change that. Besides, Regina expressed how much she hated it, so there is no way she just let it continue. She probably figured out a way to change it before Henry showed up, or Henry was what changed it.

I think most things repeated themselves, except when Henry affected it. When Snow White released the bluebird, I remembered her doing that in the first season. So, she was catching and releasing that poor bluebird over and over again (you'd think the bird would get a clue and stay away when she got near it).

That might be why she wanted Owen to stay... suddenly, he showed up and sat in her seat- a change! And then gave her the keychain- he showed kindness toward her without having been made to do so.

Loved yesterday show one of the best!!! I'm starting to feel bad for Regina, I think she wants to be loved so bad, she really loves kids and her heart desire is to be loved by a child.

It was great to see Graham again. Who did MC go see was that Pincholio

Ooh..maybe Tamara is Her.

I watched OUAT at 6 on one channel and then at 8 on another channel. After the 6 pm episode they showed a preview for next week with Pinocchio. He is going to a Chinese medicine man seeking help for his turning to wood. After the 8 pm show they showed the preview with Greg and Tamara. Based on that it looks like Pinocchio will appear in next weeks episode.

Well now it make's more sense...I couldn't remember Tamara or the diner in the preview, but I saw the Pinocchio/Chinese medicine man one.

Loved yesterday show one of the best!!! I'm starting to feel bad for Regina, I think she wants to be loved so bad, she really loves kids and her heart desire is to be loved by a child.

Do you think along with being the Wicked Queen, Regina is also Mother Goose in the other realm? After all Rumple had two personas, Rumple and the Beast.

Do you think along with being the Wicked Queen, Regina is also Mother Goose in the other realm? After all Rumple had two personas, Rumple and the Beast.

I dunno that possible, she really really loves kids. they seem to make her happy

I know this is petty, but did it bother anyone else that they were supposed to be in 1983, they had 1983 cars and that 1983 computer bus bench advertisement, yet their hair/clothing/makeup stayed modern? :upsidedow Incidentally, I've always found it odd that all of their fashion and technology changed with the times even though they were supposed to be frozen in time and shut off from the world....:scratchin

I know this is petty, but did it bother anyone else that they were supposed to be in 1983, they had 1983 cars and that 1983 computer bus bench advertisement, yet their hair/clothing/makeup stayed modern? :upsidedow Incidentally, I've always found it odd that all of their fashion and technology changed with the times even though they were supposed to be frozen in time and shut off from the world....:scratchin

They were trend setters. ;)

It bugged me. I was coming on to say the same thing. All of the fashion was current, not from 1983. I had a really had a hard time when they were doing flashbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter