one more week and I start packing - when do you start?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Did this last year too - lol DS & I have our last mini-vaca this wknd 16th-19th cabin camping in Maine.
As soon as we're home from our last summer trip I bring out a suitcase and begin to pack it with things for our cruise.
Last year I put alot that didnt go with us (when plans got changed) into a drawer and will bring those out to begin our packing. I kept my lists from last year too so will begin to redo those.
So when do you start packing?

You're packing in August for a November cruise? :eek: :p

Uh, I generally pack the day before. :) I do have packing lists I keep on the computer but I don't start pulling stuff out so soon.

I will pack for my Oct cruise when I put away the summer stuff from the kids closets. This way, it goes in a box for next year or gets set aside for the cruise.

Both of those events will probably be 1 week before the cruise! :rolleyes:

I usually pack 1-2 days before but have packed earlier in my head! I know what needs to be taken and have collected everything by then. Don't forget your travelling medicine cabinet! (aspirin, bandaids and neosporin, Motrin for the kids, I always take Gravol but have never needed it, I take stuff for upset "stomach" just in case, etc).

last years bathroom supplies got put into a plastic bag and put away under 1 of the bathroom sinks - I did check the expiration dates - just need to pull it back out

I usually lay out clothes on the guestroom bed a week or so before we leave to make sure everything is clean etc. But I generally pack them the night before I head to the airport. Heck we are going to cape cod in a week and a half and I have not even BEGUN to think about packing and I need to bring more on that trip than the cruise.

I do my packing the night before I leave. However, I have slightly extenuating circumstances. Each year I travel for business two weeks before I leave, and then travel for Thanksgiving the weekend before I leave (our vacation starts on 12/1, even though we aren't sailing until 12/7) so a lot of my travel stuff (bathroom items, cameras, etc.) is already packed and ready to go, my suitcases are aired out and ready to go.

Beth

We have a large box in the corner of our bedroom, affectionately known as The Disney Box. Every time we make a trip to Target, etc., we come home with an item or 2 for the cruises. Travel soaps, shampoos, sunscreen, film, etc. This goes on for 2 or 3 months prior to our cruises, and so we have a box full of stuff ready to be packed a day or 2 before we leave! Then, the day before we leave, the suitcases are laid out and stuffed with the items from this box, along with our clothes... and away we go!

'Beano':cool:

Guess I should have said when do you start packing the items you wont be needing until the cruise? Of course I dont pack our clothes yet but I will start gathering the little things - bathroom items, empty baby food jars to bring home sand, etc

DS & I leave in 3days to go camping. I havent started packing for that trip yet.

Hey, at least I didnt just leave my suitcases packed after Nov 30th!

I have to pack earlier than usual for this trip. I am staying at a hotel the night of the wedding here, then leaving the next morning. So I plan on packing an overnight bag for the hotel and having my honeymoon stuff packed separate.

Lets see, I get married in 45 days, I have already started gathering things for the trip. Not clothes, just Stuff. I haven't even printed out my packing list yet, but i already bought stuff so I have it sitting in a basket. I have no idea where I'm going to pack all the stuff we are going to need.

If you are flying remember not to overpack your bags in case it gets selected to be gone through manually. From my observations, the TSA folks can't get as much stuff in a suitcase as the common traveler can, and its usually not as neat - so leave room for them to repack you bag.

If it was up to me, I pack 30 minutes before we leave - if I forget something - oh well, didn't really need it. DW on the other hand starts pulling out clothes 2-3 weeks in advance of any vacation, for the cruise its a month!!

About a year ago!

I do the same thing as BeanoC - one corner of bedroom dedicated to 'Disney stuff'. Toiletries, lists of things to bring, small gifts for everyone (son's b'da on trip, special gift for husb., etc), games for travelling, items I've seen in store & picked up specifially for the trip............

I'm a planner & I'd have a nervous breakdown if I'd left the packing - even the small things - until even the last week before we leave. :eek:

I sail 11/29 and I just started to pack! I bought white pillowcases and T Shirts for the kids to get signed. They are washed and they start the pile for packing!:D I didn't want to pack them away with the summer stuff and forget about them....:(

Leave on Sunday........

Pack on Saturday..........

Works for Me:p

Steve

Let's see... we leave for the airport 3 hours before our flight is supposed to leave. So I'd say maybe 6 hours before our flight is supposed to leave? :) We do, of course, do all of the laundry before then and we always keep a bag of toiletries ready to go.

Lisa

I am with BeanoC. We have a spot that is now overflowing with important things that we will need for our cruise and FTP for 7 nites at BCV. We leave for FL in 3 weeks and I am ready to start packing my suitcase now. Everytime I see my suitcase in the closet I am itching to pull it out and start stuffing.

Help me, I think I am getting pulled into packing tonite!!!

we don't sail until the end of Nov. but I too have already started getting the little things together. Of course after last years cancellation we said we would not get as excited this year. Uh Hu like that was going to happen! :p
I could start packin tonight, but that would be silly.. right?
So to help with the anxiety of waiting, everytime I go to wally world I pick up something that I am going to need for the cruise. That way I also don't have to do it the week before. I am not a last minute packer either though. Either way we can't wait!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

no offense but , i think it is to early to pack ...
we cruise in 50 something days and we have not PACKED
i like the Beano idea ..... but to be honest with ya

we dont need to bring alot of crap... we seemed to be experienced travelers. even if we go somewhere say to the world for a week we just bring carry on bags... cruise is a little different but knot much, carry on and Garment bag...
for the suit and Tux and her dresses

November Really ?????

lol peter

What if they have to POSTPONE the Nov. trip
It does Happen u know....................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter