Online Check-in & Touring Plans

DisneyRacer500

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
Couldn't find this answer in the forums so forgive me if this has been asked before.

We have used Touring Plans for a few years now with great success. They're sending the fax with our room request in a few days... my question is, if I'm sending a room request fax via Touring Plans should I not complete the online check-in on the website? Or does it matter?

Thanks!

Hi All,
Couldn't find this answer in the forums so forgive me if this has been asked before.

We have used Touring Plans for a few years now with great success. They're sending the fax with our room request in a few days... my question is, if I'm sending a room request fax via Touring Plans should I not complete the online check-in on the website? Or does it matter?

Thanks!

When I have used Touring Plans I have also completed Online checkin. But I recommend leaving all the online requests blank.
That has worked well for me

I have a subscription to Touring Plans but I can't find where you do the fax for room requests. I'm sure it's pretty simple and I just can't find it!!
Help!!!

I have a subscription to Touring Plans but I can't find where you do the fax for room requests. I'm sure it's pretty simple and I just can't find it!!
Help!!!
I have the same issue every time I go to use. Either search "room request" or something to that effect on the site or google touring plans room request. I can never find it off the main page!

IT can be a little difficult, however, if you have already linked your MDE reservation to it all you have to do is go to your 'dashboard' and it will have the option at the top of the page:

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-29%20at%209.27.24%20AM_zpsjkj9cdff.png

This is a little snippet of my dashboard that has our impending trip on it. You can see 'Configure Fax' at the top of the page under the reservation dates etc..

Just don't ask for the same room as me! haha

I have the same issue every time I go to use. Either search "room request" or something to that effect on the site or google touring plans room request. I can never find it off the main page!
It's on your Dashboard, for future reference

We've done it both ways. If you do a request through online check-in, keep it simple and most importantly, make it match whatever you're requesting through TP. I just did online check-in for our trip next month. The choices were pretty limited, but I only chose "near elevator" (this is our number one priority). On TP, I worded the request to indicate our preference for room near the elevator on the 2nd or ground floor. I've had success doing it this way in the past. Sometimes only one of the requests is met, which is fine with us! I've had much better luck using TP than only online check-in room requests ...the times we've used only the online check-in requests, we've almost always ended up with a room that's exactly what we didn't want! TP has helped us (and/or the room assigners!).

I have a question - We are staying at AKL in August. We are booked in a standard room. I did the online check in and I only checked "upper floor." On the TP request, I am requesting 4th Floor, with a specific range of rooms. In the notes I asked for 3rd or 4th floor, partial savannah room, Kudu trail. Do you think the online request of "upper floor" will conflict with the TP request? If so, I can't seem to edit out the "upper floor" from my online request. Should I call Disney to delete it or leave it alone? TIA!

Thank you so much! I will check this out!
IT can be a little difficult, however, if you have already linked your MDE reservation to it all you have to do is go to your 'dashboard' and it will have the option at the top of the page:

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-29%20at%209.27.24%20AM_zpsjkj9cdff.png

This is a little snippet of my dashboard that has our impending trip on it. You can see 'Configure Fax' at the top of the page under the reservation dates etc..

Just don't ask for the same room as me! haha

Ok- just pulled up my dashboard. Mine does not look like yours Smittolis. Do I need to somehow link my reservation? And how do I do this?
Sorry but I am pretty dense when it comes technology:rolleyes1

Ok- just pulled up my dashboard. Mine does not look like yours Smittolis. Do I need to somehow link my reservation? And how do I do this?
Sorry but I am pretty dense when it comes technology:rolleyes1
You have to create a trip. See the area on the one above that says My Trips? And under that, Add a Trip? Click there. Once you do that, you can add a resort and request a room

We've done it both ways. If you do a request through online check-in, keep it simple and most importantly, make it match whatever you're requesting through TP. I just did online check-in for our trip next month. The choices were pretty limited, but I only chose "near elevator" (this is our number one priority). On TP, I worded the request to indicate our preference for room near the elevator on the 2nd or ground floor. I've had success doing it this way in the past. Sometimes only one of the requests is met, which is fine with us! I've had much better luck using TP than only online check-in room requests ...the times we've used only the online check-in requests, we've almost always ended up with a room that's exactly what we didn't want! TP has helped us (and/or the room assigners!).
This is exactly what I do. I duplicate whatever I use for TP and Online check in. My requests are never specific and there are always Online check in options that fit the general parameters of the room request I have in the TP request. So the back each other up, not contradict each other.

Can I jump in? First time on site and fist time using touring plans. When should I send the fax? I'm 64 days out. From what I understand from your answers I should request the same room, bldg, etc., thru MDE as I do via fax?

Can I jump in? First time on site and fist time using touring plans. When should I send the fax? I'm 64 days out. From what I understand from your answers I should request the same room, bldg, etc., thru MDE as I do via fax?
You don't have to worry about it at all. You fill in the info, they do all the sending.

And yes, if you complete online check in it's highly imperative that you do not contradict any requests. Either skip the request portion of online check in or repeat the requests.

I just picked the view I wanted on Touring Plans (given a range of rooms in actual request) and then I called and requested exactly what my touring plans request said -minus room number, but kept what building for Polynesian, east or west facing and what floor. Not putting any requests when I check in online.

@DWFamilyof6 - touring plans will fax your request for you.

Last year when we went we got nothing that was even remotely close to what we requested (not just the building or view, it wasn't even location in the building - it was quite literally the exact opposite of what we requested via TP). I was thinking that I did online check-in AFTER TP sent the fax (though I didn't put in any room requests), should I have done online check-in first (like 2 weeks out for instance) so that the fax wouldn't wipe things out?

Last year when we went we got nothing that was even remotely close to what we requested (not just the building or view, it wasn't even location in the building - it was quite literally the exact opposite of what we requested via TP). I was thinking that I did online check-in AFTER TP sent the fax (though I didn't put in any room requests), should I have done online check-in first (like 2 weeks out for instance) so that the fax wouldn't wipe things out?

When you did Online Check In, or whether you do it at all, has zero affect on getting your requests. Sometimes they just can't fulfil requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter