Online Check-in & Touring Plans

When you did Online Check In, or whether you do it at all, has zero affect on getting your requests. Sometimes they just can't fulfil requests.

Well, that's not completely true because I called after they gave me my room and I was able to get exactly the room I had requested. They also reference MDE wiping out your requests, as I believe when I do online checkin it will start reserving my room - it's a computer system after all and this is probably quite a simple process. Therefore if I do online check-in after the fax goes through it could (if I put any requests through MDE) wipe out my fax, that is my question.

Well, that's not completely true because I called after they gave me my room and I was able to get exactly the room I had requested. They also reference MDE wiping out your requests, as I believe when I do online checkin it will start reserving my room - it's a computer system after all and this is probably quite a simple process. Therefore if I do online check-in after the fax goes through it could (if I put any requests through MDE) wipe out my fax, that is my question.

You got incorrect information. All rooms are assigned 2-3 days out. Doing Online Check In does not automatically wipe out requests made via fax or phone. I am 100% sure of this. The only caveat to that is if you make room requests via Online Check In that contradict any faxed or phoned requests.

Also, rooms are assigned by people.

You got incorrect information. All rooms are assigned 2-3 days out. Doing Online Check In does not automatically wipe out requests made via fax or phone. I am 100% sure of this. The only caveat to that is if you make room requests via Online Check In that contradict any faxed or phoned requests.

Also, rooms are assigned by people.

This is directly from Touring Plans: Ed.- If you plan to use TouringPlans’ room request tool, do not make requests through MyDisneyExperience. MDE will override a request made through TouringPlans.

This is directly from Touring Plans: Ed.- If you plan to use TouringPlans’ room request tool, do not make requests through MyDisneyExperience. MDE will override a request made through TouringPlans.
They happen to be wrong too. Or at least not clear on how the notes are recorded
I know for a fact because I always do online check-in and I always do at least 1 room request so I can check the early arrival box
I've gotten to the resort and had them read the exact note I enter on the fax to me off when I arrive so it has to have remained in the notes

Incorrect information.

Also, online check in is done at 60 days. At least can be done then, if you are going to do it, do it then, or when you book if you are like us and book less than 60 days off. TP doesn't send their fax in until about 5 days before arrival. So I'm not sure how something you've already done would impact something they send much later.

I wonder if that note is a hold over from when you didn't do online check in at 60 days? I can't remember now when it used to be done

Also, online check in is done at 60 days. At least can be done then, if you are going to do it, do it then, or when you book if you are like us and book less than 60 days off. TP doesn't send their fax in until about 5 days before arrival. So I'm not sure how something you've already done would impact something they send much later.

I wonder if that note is a hold over from when you didn't do online check in at 60 days? I can't remember now when it used to be done
It was under their article on the new online checkin. We get there end of this month so I will do online checkin now, I just want something for my mil who isn't in the best physical condition, to be not having to walk a ton (she has problems with falling - and she won't do an ecv)

It was under their article on the new online checkin. We get there end of this month so I will do online checkin now, I just want something for my mil who isn't in the best physical condition, to be not having to walk a ton (she has problems with falling - and she won't do an ecv)
Well then their note makes no sense at all. Their fax is sent well after online check in is completed. Unless someone does online check in after 5 days before arrival. I guess if you wait that long to do it then it could impact their fax but honestly, if you've waited that long to do it then just don't. (Not meaning here a "you-you", just general "you")

Good luck and go on to the note section the TP fax and, if you haven't, include that exact note, that your MIL has walking issues and won't use an ECV and the closest room possible would be great, or something along those lines. The do read those notes. BWI is one of the resorts where we've had the CM at check in read our exact notes back to us upon arrival. While that doesn't guarantee your request it can't hurt. So give them all the info and don't hesitate to ask for a change when you arrive if it doesn't fit your needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter