Onsite ECV Rental location in EP at rope drop

spiderann

Mouseketeer
I noticed the ECV rental location in Epcot appears to be just past the area where they often hold crowds at rope drop. Does anyone know if they allow people to go over to the rental area prior to rope drop?

I noticed the ECV rental location in Epcot appears to be just past the area where they often hold crowds at rope drop. Does anyone know if they allow people to go over to the rental area prior to rope drop?
Yes. Veer left and let CMs know you’re renting a scooter. If you aren’t staying on property, they’ll have you wait with the rope drop folks. People on property are allowed to enter the park and get in lines. This was my experience on Tuesday 5/10.

I should add that the scooters are not that great. Monday my 1st one lost charge, and we had a CM call for another to be brought. It took over 30 minutes (because the one they were going to bring broke down). On Tuesday the 1st scooter was stupidly slow so I brought it back after test track and got scooter #2. Scooter #2 got me to Soarin’ at an ok pace and then to The Seas with Nemo and Friends. On one of the last tight turns in the Nemo queue, it started making a weird noise. After the ride, it got me out of the building but not much farther before it refused to move (and battery was fine). Another nice cast member called, but I started limping over (and limped all the way there) because I didn’t want to miss our GOTG preview. After the preview I went to urgent care, and on the way back called and had a scooter delivered to the resort.

Agree. Those scooters are the pits! They are also super bulky w four wheels and hard to maneuver compared to the ones you can get from rental companies. I rented mine (a 3 wheeler) and company dropped off and picked up from my hotel. It was easy breezy.

Agree. Those scooters are the pits! They are also super bulky w four wheels and hard to maneuver compared to the ones you can get from rental companies. I rented mine (a 3 wheeler) and company dropped off and picked up from my hotel. It was easy breezy.
oh dear! i didn't know they were so crappy! i'm taking my elderly mom for just 2 split park days so we planned to rent the park scooters just for those days so she didn't have to walk all day to save her knees/back. other than that, she can stand. i guess i should be prepared for crappy scooters?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter