Ontarians

On a plane from Pearson :p ... Although I have driven in the past before. I'd like to drive again, but I can't seem to interest my friends in a trip to Disney. :rolleyes: Right now, I'd only have two drivers (including myself) and it seems like a lot of road time for two.

On our first trip to Disney, we drove down. I wouldn't mind doing that again, but not until we get a new vehicle. We've flown down for all subsequent trips.

I wish they would offer flights to Florida out of Mount Hope again, but I don't know if that will ever happen.

Kim :)

We fly out of buffalo airport, the quickest and cheapest way for us. We flew out non stop to orlando last year, family of four for$449 US, thats Less than 800 cdn for four people. we will do the same thing again, this summer.

We drive down the I-75. We've actually only flown once. We usually leave in the afternoon of one day and then drive til 9pm or 10pm and then drive all the next day and arrive in Orlando the next afternoon. It's not a bad drive especially with Dave Hunter's book. There are 2 of us driving. We have done it 24 hours straight ( with 3 drivers) but that was really hard. We like to take lots of food with us and flying is so expensive.

Cdnmickeylover

We have flown out of Buffalo once(great), out of Toronto once(never again), and driven all other times. We are driving again this Easter and we always drive straight through. Much better drive when kids are asleep.

Out of the eight times I have gone to Disney, I have flown three time, out of Pearson. We usually drive down because of all the stuff we bring with us, plus it's a lot cheaper with the four of us and we don't have to rent a car. I have done small amounts of the driving but usually Dh drives, because he is so critical of my driving. :rolleyes:

We leave on the Friday night, stop in Lima or Findlay, Ohio, drive to just below Macon, Georgia for Saturday night and arrive in Orlando, mid afternoon on Sunday. On the way home we just have one stop in Knoxville, Tenn.

Drive from Ottawa on US 81.

We took 2 days to drive down and I LIKED IT!

This year we are moving to New Brunswick and will drive from there. We make stops each day to keep things nice. We have done the Luray Caverns in Virginia, Hershey's Chocolate World in Penn, South of the Border SC, Daytona Beach and Chaleston SC to visit family.

It's down time for me but DH would prefer to fly. I like the Blue Ridge Mountains and can't get enough of it.

Originally posted by maryann4086
We fly out of buffalo airport, the quickest and cheapest way for us. We flew out non stop to orlando last year, family of four for$449 US, thats Less than 800 cdn for four people. we will do the same thing again, this summer.

Wow! That's a great deal! Which airline was it? I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to fly out of Buffalo but he won't do it unless there's a non-stop flight.

We've always flown from Pearson too but for our next upcoming trip in March we're seriously considering flying out of Buffalo just to avoid those darned Canadian taxes.:mad:

Yes we too would love to be able to take a quick run up to John C Munro airport and fly to Orlando from there........ho hum.....I really think it's just a matter of time before we do get flights out of there though.:)

We always fly from Buffalo. We've gone for as low as $180 CDN a person. We went to the Dominican Republic in Nov and the taxes alone from Pearson were $187 a person!!!

Keep in mind when you fly from Buffalo to Orlando it is a domestic flight so you don't have to go through customs when you get to MCO. Which saves some time.

bunnyfoo, we fly southwest airlines, they are the only daily non stop flight from buffalo to orlando. prices of course vary, we went last week of august, and booked i think in february, they had a great special. It was book one ticket, ur companion flies free. so for four of us, paid for only two tickets, which was amazing. You must check their website every day for deals, flights arent fancy, but they get u there with no hassles. let me know if u have any more questions.

We drive I75. The first time we left in the evening, drove through the night, and then stopped in Macon Georgia for the night. It was such a short drive from there, and we had stopped so early in the afternoon, that we felt it was a waste of time, so we drove straight through coming home. The next time we went, we left in the late afternoon and drove straight through, arriving in Orlando in the afternoon the next day. We'd like to fly, but with 5 of us (DH's Brother has come with us both times) and the cost of renting a car, we find it much cheaper to drive. I also always take lots of food, and the last time, we camped in Fort Wilderness, so we had all of our gear.

We drove when I was a kid. I've been five times with dh (two trips of the five where before the kids) and all 5 times we flew out of Pearson. Never a problem.

We are considering driving more and more these days as the cost of flying is high and I would like the experience of driving.

S

Just arrived back on the 23rd from a driving trip. Have also flown from Pearson and from Buffalo. All things considered flying from Buffalo (pre 9/11) was the best.

nancy

We flew out of Pearson once. We have driven 4 times. We drive right through. I81 to I66 to I95 all the way down the coast. luckily our son travels well and keeps occupied with books, game boy, sleeping etc. My wife and I both drive and go about 3 or 4 hours at a stretch. Stop for gas, change drivers.

We have driven and flown, all thing considered I'd actually rather drive. We like to have a car while were there. We generally drive straight through I-75.

We fly out of Buffalo-such an easy airport. We usually park in the long term parking-no problems. When we drive, we go I75. Looking into the possibility of driving this summer.

We have flown out of Pearson (never again) and Detroit (would do again) and done the I-75 thing (would do again). I-75 was a more pleasant experience than I was expecting it would be (perhaps because of Dave Hunter's book) but I'm not sure I'd want to make that drive in any sort of winter conditions. We have flown both NWA and Spirit out of Detroit, and when you compare the price of that to the cost of flying out of Pearson you can't beat it. I also like to ability to clear customs at the border (we always cross at Sarnia/Port Huron) when we're flying, so that all we have to do when we get to MCO is grab the bags and head out.

- Mike

We either drive I-75 or fly out of Detroit, depending on the budget. I really don't mind driving down and by the time you check in at the airport three hours early, possibly change planes etc., the time savings isn't always worth all of the extra cost. We also really like having the extra room to bring food etc. down with us and to be able to buy what we like while there without having to worry about how we are going to get it home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter