Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

Some dates still are going from sold out to in stock to sold out... has anyone had luck since say 4pm pacific time?
After 5.5 hour wait ... I entered the ticket store at 4:45p. The only night showing 'available' for me is 9/14, $144 each.

Edited to add: Refreshed and lost 9/14 but saw 9/26.
Edited to add: Two refreshes later ... I'm kicked out of the store and see the "Sold Out" status for this event.

Last edited:
Well, I have to surrender for the day.

On the bright side, we were able to do the video call to set up my mom's DAS for this coming weekend and that went shockingly smooth, all things considered!

Win some, lose some. 😂

After 5.5 hour wait ... I entered the ticket store at 4:45p. The only night showing 'available' for me is 9/14, $144 each.

Edited to add: Refreshed and lost 9/14 but saw 9/26.
This is nuts. Saw the same, now I'm at the more than an hour wait screen.

Got to hand it to Disney. Every single time it is a bona fide disaster. I may be remembering it wrong, but I remember last year the dates I wanted were available into the evening. They have to be throttling sales to MK holders.

On my phone it's showing 39 minute wait time for the queue. On the desktop it's showing the queue as closed... but I jumped on my phone before 5pm...

All day in the lab space I was working in we couldn't add tickets to the cart, just constant sold out errors.

I thought that was what the queue was for, to keep the store from freaking out and misinformation (showing dates open when they were already in everyone's cart or sold out but not updated, etc). Then it says that calendar might be delayed by up to FIVE MINUTES.

What use if that to ANYONE if tickets are so limited and it might only be refreshing the front end calendar view ONCE every five minutes?

They really do need separate queues for each date. Maybe allow a person into more than one queue at a time, but never more people in the queue than tickets that are available. Then as people drop out (because they got a different date or something) it lets someone else in the waiting room into the queue. At least in that situation everyone that actual got to a ticket screen would be able to buy a ticket. Instead they have everyone queue up outside to all run into the building for the four items that they have on sale. Why have them queue up first? Why not just let them run in from the get go...

Also... love love love the benefit my what, $1,600 gets me....

No offense to the locals with the cheaper passes, but come on Disney, you can't make sure the extremely expenses passes are getting tickets to these events? There can't be that many of us... they were rumored to have more than a million pre-pandemic. It might not be that high now since they played that limited sales game, but even if it is, spread across 25 dates would be 40k per night... I doubt 100% of AP holders go for Halloween tickets, it's probably a lot, but not 100%... maybe 70% or something. That would be 28k per night. Now I would highly bet less than 50% are those top two passes, in fact, it might be like 70% or higher are the local ~$400 SoCal passes. That means for those top two $1,000+ tickets you could probably cover just about all of them with 7500 to 8500 tickets per night held to the side. Things like that would go so far to improve the value customers receive.

In fact, Disney should just build that into the pass. You still have to buy tickets, but if you buy a $1,000+ pass, it guarantees you a ticket if you act on the advance sale date.

Again, SoCal people are going to hate me for this, but honestly there has got to be (or should) some difference between a $400 pass and a $1,600 pass. A small perk like knowing you can spend another $150 to $180 for a special event ticket should be something they could build into the system.

Did MK sell out this fast last year I can’t remember? I have a feeling tickets are going to go even faster this year because of how fast they went last year.

No offense to the locals with the cheaper passes, but come on Disney, you can't make sure the extremely expenses passes are getting tickets to these events? There can't be that many of us... they were rumored to have more than a million pre-pandemic. It might not be that high now since they played that limited sales game, but even if it is, spread across 25 dates would be 40k per night... I doubt 100% of AP holders go for Halloween tickets, it's probably a lot, but not 100%... maybe 70% or something. That would be 28k per night. Now I would highly bet less than 50% are those top two passes, in fact, it might be like 70% or higher are the local ~$400 SoCal passes. That means for those top two $1,000+ tickets you could probably cover just about all of them with 7500 to 8500 tickets per night held to the side. Things like that would go so far to improve the value customers receive.

In fact, Disney should just build that into the pass. You still have to buy tickets, but if you buy a $1,000+ pass, it guarantees you a ticket if you act on the advance sale date.

Again, SoCal people are going to hate me for this, but honestly there has got to be (or should) some difference between a $400 pass and a $1,600 pass. A small perk like knowing you can spend another $150 to $180 for a special event ticket should be something they could build into the system.
Have you considered sending them a note about it?

I looked last year and only 3 dates sold out before general sales went up. I think they really limited MK ticket availability this year.
I remember this as well. Tomorrow will be interesting because now I'm just curious. Maybe they sold too many to MK holders last year?

Have you considered sending them a note about it?
Do they care about customers?

I mean I enjoy Disney, but in recent years... they haven't really been that receptive of the customer or value of their offerings. I'm not looking for someone to slip me a sales link for tickets, this is a systemic problem they have. I'm fine with limited tickets, but the way they sell them is horrible. There shouldn't be a queue and virtual waiting room if it's just going to result in the chaos. They've got to realize and know that, they've had this time and time again. I can't believe I would be the first person to say "hey, your ticketing system for special events is.... not great. Also, you really don't add any extra value to a $1600 ticket vs a $400 ticket?"

I'm probably extra spicy since I haven't used my AP a single time yet and it expires in mid October. The original plan was to do about 7 days with it last year and then 7 days this year before it expired with maybe a random spring trip for 2 or 3 days. About $100/day, maybe less if I could squeeze some extra spring days in... I would basically breakeven with daily ticket prices, BUT I would have access to advanced event ticket sales and possibly a bit extra discount on hotels etc, not bad.

Then my mother was diagnosed with leukemia and required serious treatment, as her sole child I took on primary caregiver. I contacted Disney BEFORE my pass even was active (it was a renewal and my old one hadn't expired yet) and they said it was impossible to refund passes, fine it's in the terms, everyone has to play by the rules. Then 30+ hotel days over the year while my mom was admitted to hospitals away from my home town basically got rid of any chance of spring Disney trips (I'm based out of state). And now can't even get a benefit of advanced ticket sales... again, I would get it if I jumped on at noon, but I was in the virtual waiting room at 8:40am pacific time.

Again, personal issues probably adding to the fire, but I think in general if you take a step back, anyone still could see that their special event ticket sales have been an ongoing issue... and I'm sure they know, but if every night is a sell out, do you really have to improve much?

A few posters have said they wonder what will happen “tomorrow” or referenced “tomorrow”. Just checking, but the general on-sale is not until Thursday, correct? That is what the website says but now I‘m panicked that I am incorrect!

Also, even though some dates sold out for MKs last year, all dates were initially available again for the general on-sale. We will see what happens this year, as it could be different…

I am sick for those who were not able to get tickets to this event. I am wishing pixie dust on everyone (myself included!) for Thursday.

A few posters have said they wonder what will happen “tomorrow” or referenced “tomorrow”. Just checking, but the general on-sale is not until Thursday, correct? That is what the website says but now I‘m panicked that I am incorrect!

Also, even though some dates sold out for MKs last year, all dates were initially available again for the general on-sale. We will see what happens this year, as it could be different…

I am sick for those who were not able to get tickets to this event. I am wishing pixie dust on everyone (myself included!) for Thursday.
I am almost positive it is Thursday.

Last edited:

I don’t disagree that Disney could consider giving the people with the most expensive MKs some priority in this scenario.

However, your math does not take into account that every MK who is buying tickets is usually buying not just their own ticket, but buying up to 8 (or more as someone noted above) tickets for family and friends. And they may also be buying multiple tickets, for multiple dates. So that dramatically increases the number of tickets they would need to make available to MKs so that every MK was able to purchase all the tickets that they wanted for all the dates that they wanted, on the pre-sale. At that rate, there may be very little for the non-MKs to buy on the general on-sale. The 8 ticket limit was apparently per transaction, not per MK. Someone could have just bought 8 tickets (or more) for every date available if they wanted to.

One possible solution is for Disney to set a limit (total tickets purchased per MK, not per date, nor per transaction) for MKs in the pre-sale (just like almost every concert ticket seller does). This way, they could try to guarantee that all MKs would get some number of tickets (it might need to be low, 2-4 for example) to one date in the pre-sale. And then any others that they wanted, they would have to fight it out in the general on-sale.

But no matter what they do, they have a limited product, and too many people want it. The only real solutions then are increase the amount of product (which causes overcrowding and ruins the experience) or increase the price to limit the demand. So far, no price seems to dissuade people from Disney events.

I am almost positive it is Thursday, I surely hope so because I have no chance to be online tomorrow as I am teaching. I took Thursday off because it is so important to us that we get tickets, I am going to be very upset if it is tomorrow and not Thursday.
The general public sale starts Thursday the 29th. I don’t see them changing that last minute or accidentally.

Also a reminder to anyone staying at one of the 3 on-site hotels. They usually have tickets for sale the morning of the event for hotel guests. Not sure how many but every time I’ve stayed and checked in they offered them to me. Though I’ve declined because I already had except one time. That time I asked the night before when they began sales (I believe it was 5 am) and just went down then and was the first and only person and I’m sure not many bother to go that early.

I am almost positive it is Thursday, I surely hope so because I have no chance to be online tomorrow as I am teaching. I took Thursday off because it is so important to us that we get tickets, I am going to be very upset if it is tomorrow and not Thursday.
IMG_3797.png

Confirmed it is Thursday on the website, as above. Thank goodness because I also have to work tomorrow and would not stand a chance. Thursday is my day off. Pixie dust to both of us!!

It is Thursday.
I expect all the nights to sell out.
I did the Halloween parties when they were at DL. Now with 25 nights, I would never plan a vacation during September and October too crowded and why would I spend all that extra money to have access to the parks when the bash is out. As an East Coaster, it makes no sense for me. Honestly these parties are nice but 25 nights wow too much. The parties allow guests early access as well and it is not worth it to me. If it was just for the party time it would be fairer. This whole thing has gotten out of control.

Thank goodness there is nothing for the holidays and Christmas (yet)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter