Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

The general public sale starts Thursday the 29th. I don’t see them changing that last minute or accidentally.

Also a reminder to anyone staying at one of the 3 on-site hotels. They usually have tickets for sale the morning of the event for hotel guests. Not sure how many but every time I’ve stayed and checked in they offered them to me. Though I’ve declined because I already had except one time. That time I asked the night before when they began sales (I believe it was 5 am) and just went down then and was the first and only person and I’m sure not many bother to go that early.
We bought tickets the day-off in 2021 because we had tickets to the party at WDW but had a last minute change of plans and ended up at DL. They told me when we checked into the DLH to be down at the front desk of the DLH at 5am. When I got there at 4:45am, I was put on the list. There were already a few families ahead of me. They said I could go back to the room and return at 5am, but I was too nervous. They took my park tickets and credit card when they put me on the list. At 5am, they called each family in order, giving out the tickets until they ran out. I think about 10 families got tickets and the others did not. They said that all 3 hotels are pulling from the same bucket of tickets, and when they are out, they are out. No specific number of tickets is held for any one hotel. So it is possible to get day-of tickets if you are staying onsite, but you have to be an early bird (and you have to be willing to assume Disney won’t change the rules or not hold back tickets this year).

We bought tickets the day-off in 2021 because we had tickets to the party at WDW but had a last minute change of plans and ended up at DL. They told me to be down at the front desk at 5am. When I got there at 4:45am, I was put on the list. There were already a few families ahead of me. They said I could go back to the room and return at 5am, but I was too nervous. They took my park tickets and credit card when they put me on the list. At 5am, they called each family in order, giving out the tickets until they ran out. I think about 10 families got tickets and the others did not. So it is possible, but you have to be an early bird (and you have to be willing to assume Disney won’t change the rules or not hold back tickets this year).
They did hold back tickets to the Star Wars and Pride After hours but it would be my backup like you said. It’s a nice plus if you can’t change your trip but worth trying for that bonus.

I was told in 2019 that each resort gets a different allotment amount. I’d assume GCH gets the most and then down the line.

General public is Thursday. I'm just curious if they'll release anymore to MK holders tomorrow (Wednesday). Last year only a few dates sold out during the MK pre-sale. I just perused last year's thread and I didn't see anything about it all being sold out during the MK pre-sale.

I'm convinced they held back a lot more tickets compared to last year. Many of us that got them today would have had a much longer wait today if there were more MK holders in the queue.

General public is Thursday. I'm just curious if they'll release anymore to MK holders tomorrow (Wednesday). Last year only a few dates sold out during the MK pre-sale. I just perused last year's thread and I didn't see anything about it all being sold out during the MK pre-sale.

I'm convinced they held back a lot more tickets compared to last year. Many of us that got them today would have had a much longer wait today if there were more MK holders in the queue.
I agree. I think they held back tickets. I suggest everyone who did not get tickets please try again on Thursday.

I think that queue was packed full; I had a six hour wait and then a broken purchase system when it allowed access.

Paris tried a dedicated Concierge Line for their most expensive Annual Pass tier. Not sure if they are still doing it. Problem was back when I was having access to that the sales for Special Events for everyone started at exactly the same time, and the capacity of the concierge line was severely limited compared to the already not so great capacity of the call center. We got through and placed an order with the German call center before the person trying the Concierge Line even managed to get on hold.

After that experience the only thing that would make sense to me is advance sales for higher ticket levels. But seeing they even eliminated the early access for DVC I can't see that happening.

Mistakes were made checking the thread. Didn’t realize the MK sale went so poorly. I need to check and see if my friend can get the tickets tomorrow. The national tour of Beetlejuice is in town and that’s where I’ll be when the tickets go on sale so I won’t be able to log in. I’m also pretty sure WDW is doing some ticket sales that day too, to bog down the system. I just will never understand how they do this so often but still have a dysfunctional system.

Mistakes were made checking the thread. Didn’t realize the MK sale went so poorly. I need to check and see if my friend can get the tickets tomorrow. The national tour of Beetlejuice is in town and that’s where I’ll be when the tickets go on sale so I won’t be able to log in. I’m also pretty sure WDW is doing some ticket sales that day too, to bog down the system. I just will never understand how they do this so often but still have a dysfunctional system.
For WDW the Xmas parties go on sale to resort guests tomorrow.

Ok so no more MK presales.

Good luck everyone tomorrow.

Hopefully they drastically reduced the amount of tickets to MK holders and things will be smooth tomorrow.

Regardless, this thread will grow to 40 pages by the end of the day.

Does anyone know if you can buy tickets to 2 different parties in the same cart? I really don't want to have to go out and start over after buying tickets to 1 party.

Does anyone know if you can buy tickets to 2 different parties in the same cart? I really don't want to have to go out and start over after buying tickets to 1 party.

Separate transactions for multiple party days was how it worked for the MK presale

Separate purchase, but you don’t have to re-enter the queue. After you are done with your first purchase you’ll click on the special event ticket in the parks & tickets drop down and be able to click right on the OBB tix again. I went back in twice yesterday on the same queue admission since I needed to grab tix across 3 nights.

Had no luck on the MK presale so try again tomorrow is the plan. Anyone know when we should get trying to get into the queue?

I’m kind of surprised they don’t have a presale for those who already have confirmed reservations at a hotel on property. Would have been a good tie in to try and help sales at the new DVC tower. They do things a bit better on that front at WDW…

Had no luck on the MK presale so try again tomorrow is the plan. Anyone know when we should get trying to get into the queue?

I’m kind of surprised they don’t have a presale for those who already have confirmed reservations at a hotel on property. Would have been a good tie in to try and help sales at the new DVC tower. They do things a bit better on that front at WDW…
As long as you get into the queue before it opens you will be randomly assigned a place in the queue. If you get into the queue after it opens you are placed at the end.

Some people will open multiple browsers and devices to better their chance at the random placement.

Do we know if the tickets will go on sale “at” 9 am PST or could it be later? I think Disney’s message is “no earlier than 9 am PST.”

Do we know if the tickets will go on sale “at” 9 am PST or could it be later? I think Disney’s message is “no earlier than 9 am PST.”

It’s probably going to be at 9 am, but it may start a bit later. They used the same language on Tuesday, and the queue waiting room opened up before 9 and then the queue opened at 9.

In the meantime, buying tickets for Jollywood Nights over at WDW was a positively pleasant experience (except the part about not saying exactly when tickets went on sale today). Waited only minutes in the queue, it came right up, and they accepted my credit card first time! Whole thing done in less than 10 minutes—how odd! 😀

Is it possible to have a family member babysit my spot in line? Like if I share my link while I'm away from my computer, but leave it open, can I just take back over when I get home? Or can the link only be open one place at a time or something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter