Open house in the nursery?

KashasMom

DIS Veteran
I looked at some Navigators and I only see open houses for the 3+. Are there any in the nursery where parents can stay/play with their child?

No, not inside the nursery. But there are open times in the Oceaneer’s Lab and Club where you can go and play with your child. Most are listed in the daily navigator, and all ages are welcome. In addition, the nursery gave us a “toddler events” listing for the entire cruise. We were able to play in “Andy’s Room” on the Fantasy for a couple hours with our twins before dinner most nights.

We were on the Fantasy a few weeks ago and there was open house time in the nursery (It’s a Small World) where we could all go in and see it and play with our one year old. The open houses were during times the nursery is not open for care, like embarkation day. There were open houses in Andy’s Room for the 1-3 year olds as well.

Can someone tell me when the nursery is open until

If adults want to go the the adult district is the nursery or in room baby sitting open late ?

Can someone tell me when the nursery is open until

If adults want to go the the adult district is the nursery or in room baby sitting open late ?
So there is no way adults can go to the adult night life after 11pm and get there baby looked after ?

I think the nursery is open until 11pm or midnight - similar to the Club/Lab. Remember, you'll need reservations for that late evening timeslot, as with any time in the nursery. There is no in-room babysitting available on DCL.

Enjoy your cruise!

So there is no way adults can go to the adult night life after 11pm and get there baby looked after ?
The nursery is open until 11pm. The bars close and the adult entertainment ends at 12am. So you are not missing out on much of the adult night life--almost all of which is is before the nursery closes. I expect the demand for the nursery is pretty small after 11pm since most little ones can't stay up that late, so that's why they don't offer it past 11.

The nursery is open until 11pm. The bars close and the adult entertainment ends at 12am. So you are not missing out on much of the adult night life--almost all of which is is before the nursery closes. I expect the demand for the nursery is pretty small after 11pm since most little ones can't stay up that late, so that's why they don't offer it past 11.

Thanks for that info. So what time does the adult district normally open at ?

Ah well should have time for a wee drink after the show then 😃🍸😋🥳
Yup! The shows end around 9:15/9:30. Another thing to consider if you are night owls is to trade off--my DH and I take turns babysitting in the cabin if there is something we want to go to after the kiddos' bedtimes (my kids are just incapable of staying up late, so nursery and club never worked for us in the evenings).

Based on our first experience with the nursery on the Fantasy, closing times seemed to vary.

Night 1 @ 11pm
Night 2 @ 12am
Night 3 @ 11:15pm

I think Night 2 was a little longer because the guest performer had an adult show that night. Most of the adult entertainment is over by 11pm.

We had 17-month old twins at the time, and the one thing we (or at least I) didn’t want to do was sit in the room while babies napped or slept early. And the nursery was perfect for that, if you schedule accordingly. The nursery staff will change them into jammies and put them to bed at whatever time you tell them. They even changed them into their swimsuits after their naps, so that we just had to pick them up and go to the beach. We had all meals with the babies, but they will feed them meals in the nursery if you want.

No, not inside the nursery. But there are open times in the Oceaneer’s Lab and Club where you can go and play with your child. Most are listed in the daily navigator, and all ages are welcome. In addition, the nursery gave us a “toddler events” listing for the entire cruise. We were able to play in “Andy’s Room” on the Fantasy for a couple hours with our twins before dinner most nights.
This is incorrect. They allow open house in the mornings usually 7-8 or 8-9 depending on port arrival days. They also do several toddler times around the ship, though this isn't an open house at the nursery.. In addition, during embarkation, the place is open. We use that time to socialize our kids with the areas so they'll be accustomed to it before we abondone them there for Palo.

Based on our first experience with the nursery on the Fantasy, closing times seemed to vary.

Night 1 @ 11pm
Night 2 @ 12am
Night 3 @ 11:15pm

I think Night 2 was a little longer because the guest performer had an adult show that night. Most of the adult entertainment is over by 11pm.

We had 17-month old twins at the time, and the one thing we (or at least I) didn’t want to do was sit in the room while babies napped or slept early. And the nursery was perfect for that, if you schedule accordingly. The nursery staff will change them into jammies and put them to bed at whatever time you tell them. They even changed them into their swimsuits after their naps, so that we just had to pick them up and go to the beach. We had all meals with the babies, but they will feed them meals in the nursery if you want.

So will all the different times show online when your booking it in

Perhaps every ship is different but our experience on the Magic (May TA this year), Dream (Oct 2018) and Fantasy (Dec 2017) is that there is an open house in the nursery the first day until Muster. After that the nursery was locked down and no one except staff was ever allowed past the drop off gate for the remainder of the cruise. My experience on the Fantasy was that I had to pick my daughter up to nurse and then drop her back off (but I saw elsewhere that someone was allowed to nurse in the nursery). I can only speak to our direct experience but you may things are different for your cruise.

There were separate spots for toddler time (basically an area with a few mats and toddler toys) that parents could take their children whenever and there were open houses in the club and lab where we could take our child to play including a time when they had Andy’s Room reserved for the little ones.

We put our granddaughter in about 7:30 a few evenings and they changed her into pajamas and put her to bed at the time the parents requested. One night they struggled to get her to sleep at that time, so they texted a message to let them know in case they wanted to pick her up, but said she could stay and they would keep trying.

This is incorrect. They allow open house in the mornings usually 7-8 or 8-9 depending on port arrival days. They also do several toddler times around the ship, though this isn't an open house at the nursery.. In addition, during embarkation, the place is open. We use that time to socialize our kids with the areas so they'll be accustomed to it before we abondone them there for Palo.

Good info! Thanks! I didn't know about the toddler times. I don't their parents will be abandoning her but good to know! 😃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter