OT - let the CHAT CHAT continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you had a good time MrStitch.

We haven't considered Slovenia but it does sound quite nice.

I LOVE my True snowboard, unfortunatly I haven't been able to ride as much as I'd liek recently, I really must get back on the slopes soon.

How well you'd like Slovenia depends on how good you are on your snowboard.

If you spend most of your time on extremely long red or black runs then it's not so good - most of the runs are fairly short (2km at most I think) and are generally blue although there are a few reasonable reds and blacks dotted around).

You're slightly more limited as a snowboarder though - most of the lifts are drag lifts ;) There are a few chairs next to the main runs though so it's not too bad.

I've not heard of True before - I had a Crazy Creek before (it's intersport's own brand I believe) and that did me well for a few years and was cheap (£100 - £150 I think). This year though, I upgraded to a Burton (still only about £230) and I can really tell the difference - it's much lighter and also a few cm shorter than my Crazy Creek one so it deels much nicer to ride.

It just says a bank manager, accountant or a UK Lawyer......

The shares are the EDL ones aren't they? Going to get them next month hopefully. Will buy 20, just fingers crossed the shares dont get higher untill i have brought them lol.

Yeah they are Euro Disney SCA ones, should be around the 2.60 mark atm

How well you'd like Slovenia depends on how good you are on your snowboard.

If you spend most of your time on extremely long red or black runs then it's not so good - most of the runs are fairly short (2km at most I think) and are generally blue although there are a few reasonable reds and blacks dotted around).

You're slightly more limited as a snowboarder though - most of the lifts are drag lifts ;) There are a few chairs next to the main runs though so it's not too bad.

I've not heard of True before - I had a Crazy Creek before (it's intersport's own brand I believe) and that did me well for a few years and was cheap (£100 - £150 I think). This year though, I upgraded to a Burton (still only about £230) and I can really tell the difference - it's much lighter and also a few cm shorter than my Crazy Creek one so it deels much nicer to ride.

Sounds like my kinda place. We love Borovets in Bulgaria and it sounds quite similar.

True are a UK based snowboard company that retail excusivly online (although some John Nike Centres stock them) They are really nice boards, as good as Burton but without the large name and retail at around £175-200.

Sounds like my kinda place. We love Borovets in Bulgaria and it sounds quite similar.

True are a UK based snowboard company that retail excusivly online (although some John Nike Centres stock them) They are really nice boards, as good as Burton but without the large name and retail at around £175-200.

Yes - When I started looking originally for somewhere to go I thought about Borovets. It's just as cheap I believe.

The runs look fairly similar... There seems to be more red on borovets than Slovenia, but more blue in Slovenia (though some blue are quite steep in places). There's also no green ones.

The other thing we love about Slovenia is how close you are to the slopes - almost all hotels are a 5 minute walk from the slopes so there's no ski bus or similar to worry about.

never knew u been to borovets!!! that was my first (and 2nd) skiin holiday there!!!! 2nd was hopeless as hardly any snow :mad:

atm i wud like to go anywhere to ski, its been way too long (jan 2003 to be exact :lmao: ) but havin the choice between dlrp or skiing.... u can guess what wins (and is also cheaper!!) one day....

will need to head back to the outdoor ski slope down the road, altho it feels more like skiing on sheet ice (or it did last time - maybe due to not skiin for so long!!) but its a way to get a fix lol

never knew u been to borovets!!!

I'm a dark horse me :lmao:

I'm not sure we would go back, we had terrible delays on the way there. We had to fly to Thesaloniki in Greece and then get a coach for 4 hours to Borovets.

Then on the way back we were due to fly home on Saturday, plane was cancelled until Sunday, back to the airport, plane cancelled again, back to Borovets, back to airport on Tuesday and finally got home at 11am on Wednesday morning 4 days later than we should have been.

That would have been ok, had we not have left Kacee with my Mum and Dad!!!

will need to head back to the outdoor ski slope down the road, altho it feels more like skiing on sheet ice (or it did last time - maybe due to not skiin for so long!!) but its a way to get a fix lol

Agreed on that - I learnt to snowboard at the local dryslope and thought it was great. Then I visited Slovenia and found out what real snow is like - the dryslope just isn't quite the same anymore :rotfl:

I'm a dark horse me :lmao:

I'm not sure we would go back, we had terrible delays on the way there. We had to fly to Thesaloniki in Greece and then get a coach for 4 hours to Borovets.

Then on the way back we were due to fly home on Saturday, plane was cancelled until Sunday, back to the airport, plane cancelled again, back to Borovets, back to airport on Tuesday and finally got home at 11am on Wednesday morning 4 days later than we should have been.

That would have been ok, had we not have left Kacee with my Mum and Dad!!!

That's some nasty delays :scared1:

Slovenia is a little further west than Bulgaria so it's a shorter flight and the transfer is shorter I believe (about 1 hour) as you have the privilege of living near Gatwick (as we do) and therefore get the direct flight to Slovenia rather than Austria.

If you ever do look into it - make sure you look at Kranjska Gora rather than Bled - Bled is also very nice but not as many slopes and they're further away so need a ski bus to get there :thumbsup2

You've also got Austria and Italy very close to Kranjska Gora so can easily organise a day trip to a different resort if you want a change of scenery, or Venice can be done in a day trip as well.

I'm starting to sound like I earn commission for getting people to go to Slovenia, but I don't - I just love the place so much :goodvibes

I might think about the shares again now - I didn't realise / forgot that you get discount on AP's which would help with the renewal costs ;)

That's some nasty delays :scared1:

Slovenia is a little further west than Bulgaria so it's a shorter flight and the transfer is shorter I believe (about 1 hour) as you have the privilege of living near Gatwick (as we do) and therefore get the direct flight to Slovenia rather than Austria.

If you ever do look into it - make sure you look at Kranjska Gora rather than Bled - Bled is also very nice but not as many slopes and they're further away so need a ski bus to get there :thumbsup2

You've also got Austria and Italy very close to Kranjska Gora so can easily organise a day trip to a different resort if you want a change of scenery, or Venice can be done in a day trip as well.

I'm starting to sound like I earn commission for getting people to go to Slovenia, but I don't - I just love the place so much :goodvibes

Thanks MrStitch. I'll certainly look into it, and who know's maybe I will crash into you in Slovenia next winter :banana:

Thanks MrStitch. I'll certainly look into it, and who know's maybe I will crash into you in Slovenia next winter :banana:

Maybe - you'd have to go a little out of season to see us though, as we usually go the first week of March as this is cheaper, quieter and we've always had good luck with the snow, although it's been a little greener that I'd like a couple of years (but still enough to snowboard on or we've had a big snowfall while there) :goodvibes

Now down to 2.74 :rotfl:

I'm assuming when i send back my confirmed details with direct debit confirmation they will take the £12.50 for there service?

I'd guess so, I managed to do all of mine online this time however the past few times I tried they asked me to do all the stuff they have asked you to do so I left it.

Glad I didn't as I'd have bought them at around £6 per share!!

Yeah its a pain that they want all that stuff from me....kinda long lol.

I will get the paperwork sorted and send my info off and get my shares in 3 or 4 weeks time when i get paid. I hope the price stays the same otherwise i will cry lol.

My wedding dress lady just rang- I'm going to get to try my mock up dress on on Monday!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Bob xoxoxoxox

:woohoo: Bob!

Oh and my response to your facebook looks sarcastic but it's not meant like that X

I have just got the bargain of the year. Jim Shore's Disney Traditions, Wicked. Wicked Queen and Old Hag, from TK Max for £9-99. It is just the most fabulous thing and massive.

Can't believe my luck.

Need to find somewhere to display it now.

The things you find in there. Really good.

Hope everyone is well, your wedding plans sound lovely Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter