our deed was sent to wrong member

pluto109

Mouseketeer
ms sent our deed to the wrong member...is there any personal info on the deed... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No, just the owners name, address, the building number and I beleive on the margin is your contract number. Nothing that is of any use to anyone.

bwv_logo_trans.gif

WDW:
76,77,78,87,FW
92,Offsite
95 POL
96(2), GF,Offsite
97,GF
98,99,00,FW
8/00 DVC member
3/2001 BWV
11/2001 BWV

I would guess that the other member probably isn't going to try anything illigal with your contract number.

What does your salesperson have to say about your concerns?

I would call MS- Member Administration and voice my concerns.
Even if your membership number (not just a legal description or contract number) should appear on the deed (it does not appear on mine), then the other party could make a reservation, but you would still be notified of any transactions by mail- and thus would have some recourse.
I would certainly insist on some assurance from Member Administration that they will safeguard you from any possible problems due to their error, but the likelyhood of any problems is very small, IMO. Good Luck!

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

will ms make a reservation with a contact no. member no. is not on the deed corect?

Member number is NOT on the deed. My contract number was on my deed's margin, if my memory is correct. keep in mind the other member would be an idiot if he tried to use this information, as any reservations would still be mailed to you, and if they tried to use the ressie, they would be caught.

bwv_logo_trans.gif

WDW:
76,77,78,87,FW
92,Offsite
95 POL
96(2), GF,Offsite
97,GF
98,99,00,FW
8/00 DVC member
3/2001 BWV
11/2001 BWV

The first thing MS will ask for is your membership number- before they will check anything else for you. If don't know it, they could look it up, but will ask for SS#.
I think you are safe, since the membership number is NOT normally on the deed. Usually the deed has lot numbers and legal description of the property, but not any membership information. Again, you will always receive written confirmation by mail of any transactions for your account- like reservations, cancellations, banking, etc. I still believe you will experience no problems, but would still ask Administration for some comforting words!

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

Pluto, I'm assuming DVC called you and told you what had happened to the deed. If there were any way for that person to make a reservation I would assume DVC would have a "note" in the computer system not to accept it and/or ask for further ID such as the SS #. Of course, "assume" nothing. I'd give DVC a call just to give yourself complete piece of mind.

we did talk to disney management..they contacted the member who recieved our deed..he is willing to mail it directly to us. have not recieved it .has been 6 days.. ms sent me a copy.we have not brought up the reservation issue yet..

Perhaps you should ask MS to change your membership number. In the interest of security and peace of mind, this is the least they should do for you.

I wouldn't want to depend on a MS cast member asking for additional identification info every time someone calls with your member number.

Just my 2¢...

DIS_Signature_6.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter