Our Escape Wedding TR/PJ ~ 06/2010 WP/Mizner's/Citricos

Congrats!!! The ring is gorgeous!

I'm a June bride as well! We're not having a wedding party, I don't want to make my friends buy a dress that they will never wear again so they will just be guests! My cousins joke that they are going to show up in the same dress and pretend to be bridesmaids, lol! They're crazy.

hey! congrats!! I am joining in and excited to hear about your plans. Our weddings are also close together! (ours is June 6!)

I LOVE your e-ring... its beautiful!!!

We're having a DP at SCP (well hoping to have one it isn't booked yet) and I'm so excited about it... almost as excited as the actual ceremony! ha!
Its a great way to end the day isn't it?!

Congrats!!! The ring is gorgeous!

I'm a June bride as well! We're not having a wedding party, I don't want to make my friends buy a dress that they will never wear again so they will just be guests! My cousins joke that they are going to show up in the same dress and pretend to be bridesmaids, lol! They're crazy.

Congrats to you, too! :thumbsup2 I totally agree, I figured that they are spending enough $$$ to come down for my wedding, they don't need to be buying anything else. And there's no way I can afford to buy it for them, unfortunately. Plus, I get to save money not having to purchase bridesmaids bouquets, groomsman boutineers, etc! It matters to me that they are there with me, they don't need to be standing up there.

hey! congrats!! I am joining in and excited to hear about your plans. Our weddings are also close together! (ours is June 6!)

Thanks! :cutie: Wow they really are, maybe we'll see each other around DW! You and your DF are SO cute! I just read your story and I have to let you know that I totally didn't think I'd be into wedding planning either! I was convinced I wanted to just head to the courthouse and call it a day. And look at me now, I'm actually putting together Save the Date cards MYSELF...wow.

I LOVE your e-ring... its beautiful!!!

We're having a DP at SCP (well hoping to have one it isn't booked yet) and I'm so excited about it... almost as excited as the actual ceremony! ha!
Its a great way to end the day isn't it?!

Thank you!!! :yay: I really want to have a DP at SCP as well, how did you go about booking that, through your planner?? I would love to end the day with a firework show and yummy dessert, CHEESECAKE YUMMMM. We tried to find some numbers to contact SCP but have no luck so far. Any ideas?

I was never ever crafty in my life. Before Disney was an option, we considered just going to the court house or going to Jamaica just him and I and eloping...I neverrr thought I'd be into planning a wedding..LOL But its just so much fun and addicting once you start. :goodvibes Can't wait to see your save the dates, I haven't made my yet so I need some inspiration :)

I haven't booked it yet but its something that you plan with your WP. Its a great location and a great alternative to spending more $$ for an epcot DP

Thanks, congrats on your engagement as well! I think if we didn't have a Disney wedding, we would have had a Disneymoon for sure! I am starting to feel the rush as well, we only have 7 months left! Though I think once a photographer is booked and the reception dinner is figured out and reserved, everything else will be downhill :). We were originally going to have our Diswedding in October of 2010, so we would have been at a stand still as well (since you can only book Escape weddings 8 months out), which was a reason why we moved it up (among many others). But now you will get to relax and enjoy your holidays without stressing over wedding stuff! Good luck and keep us updated! :thumbsup2

Thank you! I know.. I was thinking that about the holidays. We are talking about getting decorations up and everything. But, it's hard to get the wedding out of my head.. I'm constantly doing something for it. I've been looking at tuxes and dresses for the ring bearer and flower girl today. I've posted a lot in my planning journal, there's a link in my signature to it.

I think it's funny how so many think they won't get into planning. This is actually a 2nd marriage for my fiance and I both. When we first started talking about marriage we highly considered just eloping. But then we start feeling like we were jipped the first time because we were both in such bad marriages, where we were both hurt pretty bad. So, we decided on the full wedding again. We feel more like this is the first time, after all of that. Now, it's pretty much all I want to do! lol

I was never ever crafty in my life. Before Disney was an option, we considered just going to the court house or going to Jamaica just him and I and eloping...I neverrr thought I'd be into planning a wedding..LOL But its just so much fun and addicting once you start. :goodvibes Can't wait to see your save the dates, I haven't made my yet so I need some inspiration :)

We totally thought about eloping somewhere tropical too! But alas, we really wanted our parents there so here we are. I'm still putting together the Save the Dates, but they should be done by the end of the week! I will definitely post some pics!

I haven't booked it yet but its something that you plan with your WP. Its a great location and a great alternative to spending more $$ for an epcot DP

Definitely! It would work out great because I have a couple people coming down for the wedding that won't be getting park tickets, which I've read you need to get into the Epcot DPs. So the SCP will be a great alternative. I can't wait to talk to my WP about it, once I get one (still finalizing the contract).

Your E-ring is gorgeous :)

THANKS! I love it very much :love:

Thank you! I know.. I was thinking that about the holidays. We are talking about getting decorations up and everything. But, it's hard to get the wedding out of my head.. I'm constantly doing something for it. I've been looking at tuxes and dresses for the ring bearer and flower girl today. I've posted a lot in my planning journal, there's a link in my signature to it.

I think it's funny how so many think they won't get into planning. This is actually a 2nd marriage for my fiance and I both. When we first started talking about marriage we highly considered just eloping. But then we start feeling like we were jipped the first time because we were both in such bad marriages, where we were both hurt pretty bad. So, we decided on the full wedding again. We feel more like this is the first time, after all of that. Now, it's pretty much all I want to do! lol

Yea I totally understand about always thinking about the wedding - I feel like at this point we're at a stand still while we get the contract work going with Disney, but I still can't stop researching stuff. I have gotten so many great ideas from this board, plus have thought of little things I want to incorporate to make the wedding more "us"...I just can't stop thinking about it!

That's wonderful that you guys are having so much fun planning your wedding, even if it's early! I'm sorry to hear that your first marriages weren't ideal, but it's SO awesome that you guys found each other and now get to plan this fantastic event that you will never forget!! I'm glad you decided to do a full wedding again, if it feels like the first time again you need to do it right! :cool1:

Thanks! :cutie: Wow they really are, maybe we'll see each other around DW! You and your DF are SO cute! I just read your story and I have to let you know that I totally didn't think I'd be into wedding planning either! I was convinced I wanted to just head to the courthouse and call it a day. And look at me now, I'm actually putting together Save the Date cards MYSELF...wow.

Yeah! That would be funny! Aww thank you for saying so and reading my story. Its funny how a wedding can make you think about things you NEVER thought you'd care about! I am doing most things myself so I hear ya! hehe

Oh I totally forgot to mention that we've also booked a second photographer instead of just DPS :yay:!

Ok, don't go away and not update for that long again. I need my fellow June Bride. You are now officially one step ahead of me...I still don't have a dress and won't be going shopping for one till I'm back home in Mass for xmas. I'm super psyched to go though...I'm heading to Davids Bridal and a few other bridal boutiques in my area....I realllllly want the Alfred Angelo but we'll see if I find something a little cheaper. Anyways your dress is BEAUTIFUL!! I think you look gorgeous! Good choice on no veil...I am also a non-veil wearer..nothing against those who wear them..its just not for me. I have heard only amazing things about Randy..so you are lucky you got him...its just not in our budget to get an outside photographer. Maybe you'll get Tanis (who is my coordinator)..she's really nice and helpful!! I want to see the STD so post soon!!

beautiful dress! congrats!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Ok, don't go away and not update for that long again. I need my fellow June Bride. You are now officially one step ahead of me...I still don't have a dress and won't be going shopping for one till I'm back home in Mass for xmas. I'm super psyched to go though...I'm heading to Davids Bridal and a few other bridal boutiques in my area....I realllllly want the Alfred Angelo but we'll see if I find something a little cheaper. Anyways your dress is BEAUTIFUL!! I think you look gorgeous! Good choice on no veil...I am also a non-veil wearer..nothing against those who wear them..its just not for me. I have heard only amazing things about Randy..so you are lucky you got him...its just not in our budget to get an outside photographer. Maybe you'll get Tanis (who is my coordinator)..she's really nice and helpful!! I want to see the STD so post soon!!

I will never disappear like that again! :thumbsup2 haha, I've been so busy and now all the updates are piling up. Don't worry you still have a good amount of time for dress shopping. Yea veils aren't my thing, though they look beautiful on other women. I just don't think it looks that good on me!

I totally understand about the photography. We also didn't think we'd be able to afford an outside photographer until we realized that to buy the CD of pictures from Disney we'd have to drop nearly $400.

Congrats! It looks beautiful on you!
Thanks! I think I'm in love with it, hehe :lovestruc

So we finished our Save the Dates. The total cost of making these StD's was around $30!

I just came across your PJ and first I wanted to say, your dress (and you) are gorgeous! I love it. And honestly, I think DB has a great selection of lovely dresses. Secondly congrats on getting engaged and choosing a Disney wedding. I love your color choices and the STDs are really cute!

And thirdly, I'm a fellow chemistry lover. Currently I'm teaching it but I'd love to go to grad school (once I figure out which topic I really want to study) and I'm also marrying a fellow science geek (but he's more of a bio nerd).

I actually tried that dress on too!! Its a beautiful dress and you look amazing in it!!! You're so tiny!!!! I love it and i'm so happy for you that you got it.

P.s. i think that dress deserves a DP so that you can have some pictures of it with some fireworks! :)

wow that dress looks amazing on you!!! also your save the dates are so cute!! i know what you mean about veils.. i don't think i'm a veil kinda gal either.. i think i'm going to have flowers in my hair instead! loving your plans and can't wait to read more!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter