Our Escape Wedding TR/PJ ~ 06/2010 WP/Mizner's/Citricos

Not much new to report, though I have been looking into possible flowers for my bouquet. I love daisies so I've pretty much decided to keep it simple with just one dominant flower...and since our colors have yellow, I want a bouquet of summery colors! Here are some examples I've pulled:

ry%3D400

Not much new to report, though I have been looking into possible flowers for my bouquet. I love daisies so I've pretty much decided to keep it simple with just one dominant flower...and since our colors are green and yellow, I want a bouquet of summery colors! Here are some examples I've pulled:

ry%3D400

LOL I just emailed Rosie in floral last night a picture of light pink Gerbera daisies for my bouquet and df bout. I'm making bridesmaids from silk daisies...we have similar taste :)

LOL I just emailed Rosie in floral last night a picture of light pink Gerbera daisies for my bouquet and df bout. I'm making bridesmaids from silk daisies...we have similar taste :)
I think I'm going to be using Daisies too but in a pink/fuschia color. But I might lessen the shock of fuschia color by putting in a cream hydrangea for the altar pieces.

I think I'm going to be using Daisies too but in a pink/fuschia color. But I might lessen the shock of fuschia color by putting in a cream hydrangea for the altar pieces.

Ya, I'll be using light pink for my bouquet and DF's bout...and I'll be making the bridesmaids bouquets in a darker pink with silks..I love daisies!! I think they are so beautiful and not the traditional rose

I think all pink Gerber daisies would look amazing in photos!

Ya, I'll be using light pink for my bouquet and DF's bout...and I'll be making the bridesmaids bouquets in a darker pink with silks..I love daisies!! I think they are so beautiful and not the traditional rose

Exactly!! The rose is so not me. I love non-traditional flowers.

Yes I love Gerber daisies! I think I might either do the white/yellow Gerber daisy bouquet with green chrysanthemums to fit in our color scheme, or maybe just all yellow daisies with green chrysanthemum buttons. I actually thought briefly about changing our wedding colors just so I could have a pink Gerber daisy bouquet instead, haha. They are so pretty! But I think the yellow flowers would look great too. I just want something that will really pop against my dress in the pictures! :thumbsup2 And my DF can have a yellow Gerber for his boutonniere or maybe a green chrysanthemum button.

We got our wedding planner yesterday!! We are working with Kathleen and she seems really nice. I didn't get a chance to talk too much with her because I wasn't quite ready to ask her questions, but she has already been extremely helpful about sending me info regarding dessert parties and a possible reception at SCP. I told her I don't want to do too much before the holidays and we can talk more afterwards. Yay!! :cool1:

At Franck's they have these gorgeous fuschia daisies that I LOVE, I think I want to use those for my bouquet. There's a pic in my PJ from when I took a site visit.

Roses are so overused in weddings so I wanted something different.

Yay for getting your planner!!! I have Amy. I actually just booked my lunch at Napa room.

YAY! Congrats on getting your planner!! Yours sounds more helpful already than mine has been for months..:dance3:I have read really good things about Kathleen though.

Hi fellow Wahoo!! Did you hear we got a new football coach?? Al Groh is out! Thanks for the sweet comments! :cutie:

I did hear that Al Groh is gone. I'm still ashamed that William & Mary beat us this year :headache:

I love the bouquet pics you posted. Green and yellow are two of my favorite colors (and orange thanks to UVa lol)

I've been watching the snow come down on the Rotunda cam app I have on my phone, you can't even see the Rotunda anymore! Hope you are enjoying the snow, or if you were headed off somewhere for winter break you escaped! My mom's flight is delayed from today until Monday to fly down here from Richmond!

we used yellow gerbera daisies for my sisters wedding, once we get home (I'm in Florida visiting inlaws) I'll post pics for u to see. Have a great Christmas!!!!!! It's our last ones as bachelorettes :)

I did hear that Al Groh is gone. I'm still ashamed that William & Mary beat us this year :headache:

I love the bouquet pics you posted. Green and yellow are two of my favorite colors (and orange thanks to UVa lol)

I've been watching the snow come down on the Rotunda cam app I have on my phone, you can't even see the Rotunda anymore! Hope you are enjoying the snow, or if you were headed off somewhere for winter break you escaped! My mom's flight is delayed from today until Monday to fly down here from Richmond!

The snow was ridiculous! I've never seen that much in C-ville since I've lived there in the last 4 years. And OF COURSE it snows like that when I had already left to spend Christmas with my family in New Mexico - the Land of NO Snow (but thankfully my flight left before the madness so I didn't have the delays to deal with). That sucks to hear your mom's flight got delayed...but hopefully she made it okay! I am hoping there will be a good amount of snow left when I go back! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I love the simplicity of Gerber daisies! :lovestruc

You won't go wrong with Kathleen, she is wonderful!

I'm loving her already! She's so quick to respond to me - I had emailed her a list of questions and didn't expect a reply until after the holidays (and told her this), but she still replied to everything the next day! I'm pretty stoked with her :cool1:

So since I've been home for the holidays, I've had A LOT of time to look at wedding stuff, even though I should be doing other stuff! First, I drafted up a VERY detailed budget for us to stick to, including estimates of expenses not yet spent. And it looks like if we stay within this budget - we'll be doing pretty well for ourselves to get the wedding and the honeymoon, including hotel and food exp, for all under $10,000.

I was trying to figure out what we want tossed at us as we leave the ceremony (rose petals, bubbles, etc.). I know that I don't want to go through Disney for rose petals - they are just too darn expensive! But I really don't want to go and find a florist to get my own petals while I'm in Orlando, especially anytime near the wedding day. And it seems we can't use silk petals since they aren't biodegradable. So I found this idea to use freeze-dried petals instead, which have a lot of benefits including no staining (which I've read can happen with fresh petals), are cheaper than fresh petals, and also don't have to be obtained the day of (or day before) the wedding (they can be purchased up to a month before the wedding). Anyway, has anyone experience freeze-dried petals? The companies that produce them have a huge array of colors, my favorite are below since our colors are yellow/green:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

They even have freeze-dried lilac, peony, and hydrangea petals if they match your color scheme:

Peony
flyboynaturals_2082_106570033

So I think if we go this route, we can buy extra to line the isle too :)

There is also the option to use Lavender Buds instead of rose petals for the tossing, which would smell amazing:

lavender-wedding-rice-500.jpg

but I think I really like the idea of the freeze-dried petals...the colors are just so lovely!

The other thing that's been on my mind is our alternative to the standard guest book. I didn't really want one since our wedding is so small. But I still wanted something for our guests to leave us notes on! Instead, we've decided to have a hardcover of Disney's Storybook Collection (either regular or classic...can't decide) available and encourage our guests to sign the margins of it! That way, it's a book we can actually use later in life (who knows maybe kids) and will always remind us of our wedding day :love:

61KGCAM86ZL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51JD4M2WAYL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Wendy you are so man great things planned. I can't believe you're already on page 6. I love the freeze dried petals and the lavendar is cool. I like the storybook idea. I also didn't want a guestbook so we found a plate that everyone can sign and you go home and bake it and then it doesn't wash off.

Wendy you are so man great things planned. I can't believe you're already on page 6. I love the freeze dried petals and the lavendar is cool. I like the storybook idea. I also didn't want a guestbook so we found a plate that everyone can sign and you go home and bake it and then it doesn't wash off.

Thanks Sam! I know, me either...but the ideas keep coming and this board is a great way for me to remember everything I want to do :thumbsup2 The plate idea is fantastic - it's such a useful idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter