Our First Trip as Parents! December 2012 TR - 8/6 OMG a TR link!

I'm probably the WORST DIS'er ever! I'm so sorry i've been away for so long. I'm currently trying to plan a trip for 6 to go to Pennsylvania...in 2 weeks. :scared1: I didn't think it would be so nerve wracking and take up so much time, but when you have opinions flying all over the place, it gets hard. I've been dying to read up on every ones TR's so hopefully I can make my way back here within the next few days. I got the major things out of the way (Dates and Flights) and all I have left really to do is book a hotel for pre-flight, get 2 rental cars, and find a hotel for our last night. Hope everyone is doing well!:goodvibes

No way, worst DIS'er award goes to ME! :rotfl: No worries, everyone will still be here for your next update. Life happens. Where in Pennsylvania are you going?

Love your TR so far (also jumping in a little late but just came across it). Hubby and I are trying for our first baby and call me crazy, but I can't wait to bring him or her to WDW as a little itty bitty baby! :)

I'm probably the WORST DIS'er ever! I'm so sorry i've been away for so long. I'm currently trying to plan a trip for 6 to go to Pennsylvania...in 2 weeks. :scared1: I didn't think it would be so nerve wracking and take up so much time, but when you have opinions flying all over the place, it gets hard. I've been dying to read up on every ones TR's so hopefully I can make my way back here within the next few days. I got the major things out of the way (Dates and Flights) and all I have left really to do is book a hotel for pre-flight, get 2 rental cars, and find a hotel for our last night. Hope everyone is doing well!:goodvibes

You are vacationing in Pennsylvania? Are you sure you want to do that? :rotfl: Hahaha - no, I'm kidding. After all, Philadelphia IS the city of brotherly love. I'm very curious to hear where you will be touring in the state when you visit since I live right around the Philly area.

Good luck with all your trip planning. It is very difficult to plan a trip like that so kudos to you! :worship:

No worries, we'll be here when you have time. I hope the PA trip goes well, and stress free.

No way, worst DIS'er award goes to ME! :rotfl: No worries, everyone will still be here for your next update. Life happens. Where in Pennsylvania are you going?

:lmao: Nope definitely not! I'm going to York PA, more specifically Emigsville. My grandmother lives there and we have been visiting her ever since my dad and my grandfather passed away. But this will be the first time in about 20 years that my mom will be joining us AND my grandmother will meet her first great grandson :)

Life happens. No big deal. :thumbsup2 Enjoy Pennsylvania.

Hey my friend hope all is well!:goodvibes

Jumping into your TR a bit late but trying to catch up. Great so far!

Hi and Welcome!:)

Love your TR so far (also jumping in a little late but just came across it). Hubby and I are trying for our first baby and call me crazy, but I can't wait to bring him or her to WDW as a little itty bitty baby! :)

Welcome! Sending Pixie Dust your way pixiedust: Honestly, it was so easy to DS to WDW when he was 2 months. I can only imagine how it will be when he's older. I'm sure it will be much harder but worth it too :thumbsup2

Just caught up...awesome TR! :)

Hi there good to see you again!

You are vacationing in Pennsylvania? Are you sure you want to do that? :rotfl: Hahaha - no, I'm kidding. After all, Philadelphia IS the city of brotherly love. I'm very curious to hear where you will be touring in the state when you visit since I live right around the Philly area.

Good luck with all your trip planning. It is very difficult to plan a trip like that so kudos to you! :worship:

:rotfl2: I shouldn't say 'vacation'. More like visiting my grandmother. We've been visiting her since my father and grandfather passed away, usually every year. We go to Emigsville, but we say York since it's the next biggest town. We will be making our way through Philly to go to Marlton for a short visit there. Normally, we usually do some type of sight-seeing like Hershey, Gettsyburg, DC, etc, but this time my DM is coming (she hasn't been to PA since the 90's) so not sure what we'll do. I've always wanted to go to Philly! I know we'll be passing through there on Sunday to make our way to Marlton NJ.

I'll be making my over to your TR soon :goodvibes

No worries, we'll be here when you have time. I hope the PA trip goes well, and stress free.

Hi Pam! Hope all is well with you :goodvibes I''m slowly catching up on everyone's TR's.

:rotfl2: I shouldn't say 'vacation'. More like visiting my grandmother. We've been visiting her since my father and grandfather passed away, usually every year. We go to Emigsville, but we say York since it's the next biggest town. We will be making our way through Philly to go to Marlton for a short visit there. Normally, we usually do some type of sight-seeing like Hershey, Gettsyburg, DC, etc, but this time my DM is coming (she hasn't been to PA since the 90's) so not sure what we'll do. I've always wanted to go to Philly! I know we'll be passing through there on Sunday to make our way to Marlton NJ.

I love Hershey and Gettysburg.

I have a recommendation - if you have time - you should stop in the Brandywine Valley and visit Longwood Gardens and the Brandywine battlefield. Longwood Gardens is absolutely breath-taking. I was just there yesterday. There are other tourist attractions in that area as well.

Right now the weather is spectacular and I hope it stays that way for you next week.

I love Hershey and Gettysburg.

I have a recommendation - if you have time - you should stop in the Brandywine Valley and visit Longwood Gardens and the Brandywine battlefield. Longwood Gardens is absolutely breath-taking. I was just there yesterday. There are other tourist attractions in that area as well.

Right now the weather is spectacular and I hope it stays that way for you next week.

Awesome thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into that. If you have anymore, please let me know.

I was worried about the weather, so glad that it feels good right now. Is it humid at all? The last time we went, the humidity was pretty bad. But that was mid July so i'm hoping that going sooner in the Summer won't be that bad.

:lmao: Nope definitely not! I'm going to York PA, more specifically Emigsville. My grandmother lives there and we have been visiting her ever since my dad and my grandfather passed away. But this will be the first time in about 20 years that my mom will be joining us AND my grandmother will meet her first great grandson :)

Oh that's so exciting! Your grandmother must be so looking forward to this visit! :goodvibes Speaking of her great grandson... I agree with "my sister's princess"... we need some pictures! We will all forgive you for disappearing if you post some recent photos of the cutie! :rotfl:

Awesome thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into that. If you have anymore, please let me know.

I was worried about the weather, so glad that it feels good right now. Is it humid at all? The last time we went, the humidity was pretty bad. But that was mid July so i'm hoping that going sooner in the Summer won't be that bad.

I saw the weather this morning and its going to be in the low 80"s all next week. Right now the humidity is so low its incredible. I guess it will start to creep in sometime next week. Usually low 80's here is low humidity.

Here's the link to Longwood

Here's a link to the Brandywine Valley attractions

It's a very easy commute from anywhere in Philadelphia to the Brandywine Valley.

Have a great trip. Definitely go see Longwood if you can fit it in. It is just amazing.

I totally agree with Mary Ellen on Longwood Gardens, it's an amazing place.

Life has been treating me well, thanks so much for asking :) I was at AKV this past weekend so that improved things dramatically. I bought my CA airplane ticket and that always makes a trip feel more definite for me. Now that's the trip I'm looking forward to, nothing in between now :)

I'm going to do it....

Finish the rest of this TR right now! :lmao:

Sorry it's taken so long. Life has been extremely busy these past few months and as of recently, my DH has found Candy Crush. No it's not a drug :lmao: If you know what this is, you know how addicting it is and he's always on the computer so I can never get a chance to get on here.

We just got back from PA last Tuesday and had a great time. Perhaps i'll post some pics from that trip. But for right now, let's finish this TR!

Okay, so I left us off with us just getting done taking pictures in the Rose Garden at MK and talking about our ADR at Artist Point. None of us were really in the mood to go back to BWV to get ready and head to the WL. I suggested a restaurant to DH thinking we should go there instead, but then got to thinking, there is no way my mom would go to a restaurant with the word “Fish” in it. She HATES seafood. With a passion. DH said there had to be some chicken or meat dishes there, so I told DM about our suggested plan. She was all for it! Yay! I called right then to see if there was availability around 7 pm (instead of our original time of 6:20pm) and sure enough they had 7 available. I was sad that I wasn’t going to get the amazing Portobello Mushroom Soup and Cedar Plank Salmon from AP, however, I liked this relaxing approach for our last night.

As we were leaving the hub area, DM spotted a duck with her ducklings and one of them was being a rebel and swimming the opposite way

DM wanted to go through a couple stores on our way our since this was our last day at the MK and I NEEDED to get my coffee cake from the Main Street Bakery. So while the three of them shopped, I went to the bakery and ended up waiting 20 minutes for it, but I just had to have it for breakfast the next morning. That stuff is delicious!

I found them at the Emporium and rounded everyone up so we could head out. But not before I took a few shots of the displays outside.

This is one of my absolute favorite movies to watch during Christmas. It’s up there with Scrooged, National Lampoon’s Christamas Vacation, and the original Muppet Family Christmas.

We took our time getting ready once we made it back to our room and left our room about 5 minutes before our ADR. It was nice being able to leave our room and seeing the restaurant not too far from us. I took a picture of this tree that we passed by everyday when we left our room

DH checked us in right at 7 and it took about 10 minutes to get us a table that could accommodate DS in his stroller, which we were totally fine with. I know I’ve said it before, but I was so happy that every restaurant we went to, was able to accommodate us with the stroller. He was too young to be in a high chair and it would have been uncomfortable to hold him the entire time. I was very grateful that the CM’s were able to help us.

We looked over the menu and was happy to see some options that DM could choose from.

And DH took a picture of DM and I while waiting for our waiter

For my appetizer, I ordered the Yellowfin Tuna Tartare

And both DH and DM ordered the Cheese Plate

For my entrée I ordered the Idaho-wrapped Red Snapper

It was okay. The potato part was a little off to me, so I took it off and just ate the snapper which was delicious. Looking back, I don’t know why I didn’t order the Flounder or the Yellowfin Tuna

DM ordered the New York Strip Steak, which she really enjoyed

I believe DH ordered the Flounder

Next up the best part of any meal

Everyone ordered lattes with their dessert

And for my dessert, I ordered the Caramel Chocolate Brioche Bread Pudding. Divine!

DH ordered the Caramalized Banana Napolean

And DM ordered the Nuts about Chocolate Indulgence

I got the chance to try every dessert and they were all equally delicious! I think mine was the best though.

Just a side note. This happened at another restaurant too, I can’t remember which one. We don’t like to charge our KTTW for tips. We leave cash. As we were settling the bill, our waiter, who was an older gentleman and was pretty amazing, came back and said, “Okay, I’m going to take off your dining credits from your KTTW cards but what about the gratuity?” I said, “I’m paying cash for that.” I’m pretty sure he was a little embarrassed about asking that, because he had a little nervous laugh and said something like, Ok okay! Geez, are we not allowed to leave cash tips anymore?! I wish I could remember what other restaurant asked about it, but they had mentioned it a little more casually. Overall, we really enjoyed our dinner and were so happy with this last minute decision!

By the time dinner was over, it was 8:45 and everyone felt like walking off their meal. So we headed to Epcot to walk around a few countries

A blurry Eiffel Tower

We saw a PP who looked a little bored, so we got some shots

Sorry for the PDA!

I just love Italy at night!

We found ourselves in Germany to get a couple beers. Surprised? We aren’t! The train setup is really neat here

And before we knew it, Illuminations was starting!

We stayed for a few minutes to watch, but then DH got concerned that it may be a little loud for DS, so we made our way out of Epcot. When we were at the bridge that goes to the BW, I turned around and didn’t see DH. I guess DM and I were booking it! I took a picture with the flash to see if I could see him, so that’s why I have this picture LOL! I think he was mid wave, which is why he looks so awkward

Once we got back to the hotel, we started packing up our things. It was our last night at WDW and none of us were happy about it. However, we did have a few hours tomorrow morning before the Magical Express picked us up for our 4:45pm flight.

Today was our last day at WDW and I wasn’t sure when we’d be back. I knew that we would HAVE to come back since we’re DVC members now, but since I didn’t have any firm dates, I was sad. But I still had a couple hours so may as well make the best of it. And to start the day, I ate my coffee cake that I grabbed at the Main Street bakery and it was delicious!

All of our bags were packed and we took them downstairs to have them held in BS while we toured a bit of Epcot. Does anyone know, are you able to use the check-in services for a flight hours before riding the Magical Express? Otherwise, we would have skipped this step completely! I took a few last pictures of the lobby while DH was getting all of our luggage settled.

Everyone was hungry so we made it over to the Patisserie in France. I wish I had multiple stomachs so I could have one of each item in here

We all ordered the ham and swiss croissants. SO GOOD! Wish I could have this every morning with coffee!

Right as we walked out of the bakery, a nice couple yelled out to us that they were leaving so we took their spot right outside

After our breakfast, we wanted to show DM Canada during daylight, since it’s so gorgeous, and she agreed.

We still hadn’t taken DS on the Finding Nemo ride so that’s where we went. And luckily he was up to see the entire thing!

I’m pretty sure he was shocked to see singing and talking fish!

After the ride, we hung around looking at a few of the aquariums and DM, of course went straight to the gift shop where she bought DS a Seagull and a cute “Mine, Mine, Mine” onesie

It was around 12:30 and we thought it would be a good idea to go back to the hotel to wait for our bus to the airport.

Now if this isn’t the best way to end a TR, I don’t know what is. When we got back to the resort, I wanted to go through the gift shop really quick to see what pins they had. I ended up buying a Boardwalk pin. When I returned DM and DH were debating about something. Now I have to say, DH is never wrong a lot of the time. However, when he is right, he rubs it in everyone’s faces and is completely smug about it. BUT this time he was completely wrong and I took a quick picture of his defeated face! Haha!

And that, my friends, is how you end a TR! Our bus ride back to the airport was uneventful, our plane landed in LA early and we were home by midnight, which is great timing.

Thank you all so much for sticking around through my delayed updates! I had such an amazing time at WDW during Christmas with our new son and my mom. It was much easier than I anticipated and I’m looking forward to our next trip.

Speaking of our next trip, we will be attending the Food and Wine Festival, October 6-11 of this year and I’m so excited! This is the second thing on my list that I wanted to see, right after Christmas, so I’m totally looking forward to it. If you happen to be around during this time, please let me know! I really want to have a TR, but not sure if I’ll do one yet, since I did so poorly with this one. We shall see!

Candy Crush may not be a drug, but I think its just as addictive! :rotfl2:

How was your trip to my area? Weren't you here during some nasty storms. So sorry I missed all that. Not!

I love the flying fish. I have had two really great meals there so I would not hesitate to go back again. Bummer that your mom loathes fish and seafood. I can't imagine that. I hope she liked her steak. Your desserts look super yummy.

You're alive! Welcome back. Hope your family is doing well.

Looks like you had a nice relaxing final night and morning. I think I'll have to check out the France bakery, yum!!

The gardens in Canada are from my city! Actually most of Canada is like Victoria, the totems too. I totally take it for granted, but it's an amazing place to live and visit. If you ever go on an Alaska Disney cruise, you definitely need to do a side trip to the island.

Thanks for a great trip report, I hung on til the end :) I will have a yuengling for you in September! :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter