Our Journey Slinkyman's Cancer Success Story With Pictures

Well has anyone thought that if Yavn can not come he could call, or send a video DVD message to him. How about a web cam call. One think I have watched is how much he does care for kids who struggle. I I have never met him in VMK but that is what I see from posts and kids on VMK. Takes a little extra time with them. So here's a little more pixie dust that some contact can be made. So here is hoping for meeting Yavn in person or at least a special web cam call. Faith Trust and pixie dust now activated!!!!!!!!!!:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Awe belle you are too sweet. Well the call was made to make a wish and I should know by the end of today hopefully, if they can change out flight down. Soon as they do I will book the POP century to stay at. Great thing to is that the days we would be there MK is open to 10pm the first night and 11pm the second.
I am so excited right now i can't think straight or get anything done around the house:rolleyes1 I am even too excited to play Pirates in VMK can't concentrate:rotfl:

Bug

Oh I hope they can change your itinerary so that you can go to Magic Kingdom and Epcot!! I will be sending an extra portion of pixie dustpixiedust: pixiedust: your way today Bug, and Ink. Just remember, "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires, will come to you!!" So just remember that and know that all your dis friends are hoping that "all" (even the Yavn dream) will come true for you.

Oh I hope they can change your itinerary so that you can go to Magic Kingdom and Epcot!! I will be sending an extra portion of pixie dustpixiedust: pixiedust: your way today Bug, and Ink. Just remember, "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires, will come to you!!" So just remember that and know that all your dis friends are hoping that "all" (even the Yavn dream) will come true for you.

Awe Ant just when I get my composure back and you bring me to tears again. I can not get through that song anymore with dry eyes. It gets me every time. Well I made the call to make a wish and now we play the waiting game. They will call me in the morning and I so hope they can change the flights. Will be loooooong rest of today and to night :sad2:

Bug

Thanks so much for sharing the story. It made me all teary. HUGS Slink - and you too Bug, you are an inspiration. Bearz..you two...wings of an angel.

Thank you sharing what happened. I don't think we were around to know what was going on.

My husband was diagnosed with leukemia in 1970 when he was 9 yrs. old. He went through two years of treatment which back then was not pleasant and very experimental. There were a lot of kids in the hospital with him that didn't make it. He was at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in NY and he and a few other children were the ones who helped test experimental treatments and equipment, some of which are used today. There were two times when the doctors told my mother-in-law to prepare for his funeral because he would not make it through the night.

Well prayer works because today, DH is completely fine and he is now 45. When I read what other kids have had to go through I get teary-eyed. Your right. It is something no child should have to go through and a parent's worst nightmare. I am so happy to hear that Slinkyman is perfectly healed. DH never had a relapse and I know Slinkyman won't either. I hate to hear of anyone having to go through what you all did, but I am so glad that it is over for you. It is great that you all are getting to come down for another trip to Disney. This time it will be even better:)

Slinkyman, you are a very strong and brave person and an encouragement to other kids and even adults.

Congratulations Slinkyman & Bugdozer. :woohoo: I'm so glad to read your story. Thanks for the care pkg you sent my daughter Dlandchick. I know it means alot to her to hear from someone who has been through what she's going through. What a great idea about donating the laptops.

We look forward to reading about your Make-a-Wish trip. Have a perfectly magical time!pixiedust:

Smackeralchick on VMK, Dland's mom

Beating cancer is so much not only about the medicine, but the fight. Slinkyman, you have fought an amazing fight and won! So very happy for you. And how wonderfully thoughtful of you to think of the other kids and computers for them to have to play. You have a great life ahead of you.

Woot awesome Slinkyman. You are truly to be admired for you courage and being generous to others as well as following through on your promises. There are others that could learn from you. Walt would be proud Ink

I have the most WONDERFUL news woot!:woohoo: Make a wish just called me and it's done. We are arriving 3 days before the cruise and going to Disneyworld!

OMG Ant I am really starting to believe that anything is possible if I put my heart in it. Walt was such a wise man. You and all you the disers with their big push of pixie dustpixiedust: Did the job :woohoo: :woohoo:

The boys were ecstatic when I told them. So we will have first 2 days in Magic Kingdom and third day in Epcot then the 4th day we will board the Disney magic for Inks Make a Wish Trip. Should be such an exciting trip and yikes:scared1: I only have 32 days to get ready.

All the pieces are falling into place nicely........Almost got it complete;)

Bug

I know this is a little ironic, but I'm Slimky from VMK. I recently developed a tumor in my stomach, and am going through chemo to try and stop the cancerous cells from spreading. I am to glad that Slinker beat his cancer, cause it gives me inspiration to keep on fighting. If anyone had any survival or inspirational stories, please let me know. It hasn't been an easy day and I need some prayers from ya'll.:sick:

I have the most WONDERFUL news woot!:woohoo: Make a wish just called me and it's done. We are arriving 3 days before the cruise and going to Disneyworld!

OMG Ant I am really starting to believe that anything is possible if I put my heart in it. Walt was such a wise man. You and all you the disers with their big push of pixie dustpixiedust: Did the job :woohoo: :woohoo:

The boys were ecstatic when I told them. So we will have first 2 days in Magic Kingdom and third day in Epcot then the 4th day we will board the Disney magic for Inks Make a Wish Trip. Should be such an exciting trip and yikes:scared1: I only have 32 days to get ready.

All the pieces are falling into place nicely........Almost got it complete;)

Bug
Yay! :woohoo: I'm happy to hear that! I truly hope that all his and your dreams come true!

I know this is a little ironic, but I'm Slimky from VMK. I recently developed a tumor in my stomach, and am going through chemo to try and stop the cancerous cells from spreading. I am to glad that Slinker beat his cancer, cause it gives me inspiration to keep on fighting. If anyone had any survival or inspirational stories, please let me know. It hasn't been an easy day and I need some prayers from ya'll.:sick:
Prayers sent. Just keep fighting and keep a positive attitude. :goodvibes

Hi Everyone,

You all are so amazing! Your kinds words are very comforting. This post has greatly helped in my healing process- letting those that helped know what it meant to us. Seems I can hardly keep a dry eye lately- been told by some it is because I held it in for so long to be strong for ink. Let my guard down a little and I seem to have turned into a water factory. :sad1:

On that note I opened a "whole new can of worms" last night. We took the boys to go see Disney on Ice 100 years of magic last night. Amazing show. They did scenes form movies and park. The end of the stage was a big castle. When they did the scene of the blue fairy and played When you wish upon a star well le't just say the tears came again. Ink looked at me said "mom if you can't get through an ice show how will you get through the cruise" good question.

The ending scene changed something in us. The castle turned into it's a Smallword. It looked just like the front if the ride. The actors came out as the dolls the song played. We all looked at each. Ink said to me "how can we go to Florida and not go to Magic Kingdom". He is wise beyond his years. This has been nagging us ever since Yavn released the Epcot room. We want to see the parks! So we hatched a plan. I am going to see if Make a wish can change our flights to a few days earlier. The flights are there and the price is no different. That would give us 2 1/2 days of park time and Ink and Smalld could go to their 2 favorite parks- Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I could hardly sleep last night over the excitement. So today I make the calls and hope to make more magic for Ink.

I am including the most recent picture of the boys taken last night before the ice show started.

All the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place for Slinks trip of a lifetime. Just one more piece is missing. Hmmm wonder if a certain somebody has time for a quick trip to WDW to meet his biggest fan, can always dream- after all as they say with Disney anything can happen and it is what dreams are made of;)

Thanks all,

Bug

boys.jpg

Saw that show when it came to Boston back at christmas, boy was that fun especially the It's a small world part :)

Hi,

I believe I met you tonight in VMK. Ink told me it was you and we talked a bit. I was Acebugdozer :) Ink is a huge inspirational story and you can beat it too. I know there are many days that are not fun. Those days try to think of something you really like and let it help you get through it. If you keep fighting you can accomplish amazing things. I will be sending lots of Pixie Dust pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: your way and keep thinking positive and you can do anything :)

Bug

Thanks for sharing, bugdozer. Very touching and inspiring! Best wishes for all the future success for ink as he pursues his dreams and heart's desires!

If you can't go before the cruise maybe you can go after the cruise.
Lots of hugs to you all. :hug: :grouphug: :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter