Our Journey Slinkyman's Cancer Success Story With Pictures

Bug, what an inspirational journey you have been on with your son. I am so happy to hear the great news and that he is feeling better. You will have an amazing time in Disney and on the ship.

I sent you a PM but just to let you know we will also be on the Western Cruise with you. We are arriving in Disney World on the 19th and planning to go into MK and on the 20th to go to Epcot since it's extra magic hours that evening there. Then Saturday off to the cruise. My two boys - KingZ and KingM- are so excited. What hotel are you staying at? Hope to meet you and that amazing son of yours.

Enjoy your trip!

SnowyW, KingZ & KingM:boat:

Though I am new to these boards, and you may not know me well, this is so utterly inspiring! I can't believe all that Slink went through! He is a very, very strong boy. Slinkyman, although I have only seen you on VMK a couple of times, (I am rosesredrosered), every time I have seen you, I think of all the courage and perseverance you had during your battle with cancer. You are an inspiration, Slink!

Sincerely,

rosesredrosered :rose:

Slink is an inspiration to us all. His bravery makes me proud. I am so happy to hear of all the great plans in your future buddy. Enjoy your trip!

I know this is a little ironic, but I'm Slimky from VMK. I recently developed a tumor in my stomach, and am going through chemo to try and stop the cancerous cells from spreading. I am to glad that Slinker beat his cancer, cause it gives me inspiration to keep on fighting. If anyone had any survival or inspirational stories, please let me know. It hasn't been an easy day and I need some prayers from ya'll.:sick:

My thoughts are with you. Keep positive and never give up.

Thanks for the update and the wonderful results. May this be the only health problem he ever has to endured.

Prays do work.

Hi Everyone!

Once again Thank you for all your kind words. They give us comfort and strength. Thought you might like to see the most recent picture of Slinkyman I took today. His favorite spot in the house in front of his computer... Gee I wonder what that is on the screen...:rotfl:

ink.jpg

:grouphug: to all my friends :)

Bug

Hi Everyone!

Once again Thank you for all your kind words. They give us comfort and strength. Thought you might like to see the most recent picture of Slinkyman I took today. His favorite spot in the house in front of his computer... Gee I wonder what that is on the screen...:rotfl:

ink.jpg

:grouphug: to all my friends :)

Bug

Aww love the Mickey bedspread. :earsboy: It's so nice to be able to see all the pics of you all.

I know this is a little ironic, but I'm Slimky from VMK. I recently developed a tumor in my stomach, and am going through chemo to try and stop the cancerous cells from spreading. I am to glad that Slinker beat his cancer, cause it gives me inspiration to keep on fighting. If anyone had any survival or inspirational stories, please let me know. It hasn't been an easy day and I need some prayers from ya'll.:sick:

Slimky, I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I'm sending prayers your way and hope you get well soon.

I am impressed for a 13 year old boy you can still see the floor. Nice room love the disney stuff :)

I am impressed for a 13 year old boy you can still see the floor. Nice room love the disney stuff :)

Hi,

Well Belle I did pick the dirty clothes up off the floor before the picture. His room is about 80% Disney and 20% Star Wars.

Well today I had ink try on the suit I got him for the trip. I tried not to have a melt down when he came out. But boy they sure grow up fast. He looked really good for what he has been through. I need to buy stock in Kleenex before I go on this trip. Here he is:

suitink1a.jpg

Bug

Hi,

Well Belle I did pick the dirty clothes up off the floor before the picture. His room is about 80% Disney and 20% Star Wars.

Well today I had ink try on the suit I got him for the trip. I tried not to have a melt down when he came out. But boy they sure grow up fast. He looked really good for what he has been through. I need to buy stock in Kleenex before I go on this trip. Here he is:

suitink1a.jpg

Bug

He looks good in a suit haha. I actually just got to wear my first suit about a month ago and my DM said the exact same thing.

Don't forget to read my comment on page 2 :)

Ryan

P.S. Slink, if you don't like it, don't worry you get used to it ;)

Hi,

suitink1a.jpg

Bug

Wow! CL_Slinkyman you look so awesome in that new suit!! Don't break too many hearts!:love:

GOOD LUCK SLINKYMAN ON YOUR FIRST FULL DAY OF SCHOOL!!

Today is Ink's first full day of school since Oct! He is ready and we know it is time but I will miss having here home with me. So Ink mom is thinking about you all day:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Bug

Slink,
You are such an inspiration to me. I couldn't imagine going through cancer at 13. I was just telling Bug how brave you are. Your battle ended on a very positive note. I am very happy to hear that. Unfortunately, I could not donate a hat to your wonderful charity due to my mom *cough cough*. I hope your bravery and determination spreads to those around you!

Bug,
I cannot continue to tell you how brave of a son you have. I doubt I could have put up with having cancer, nonetheless beating it. Slink deserves everything he's getting. :)

What a wonderful success story. I hope you guys have a wonderful Friday the 13th (If it's possible to be lucky today... :rolleyes: )

Slink,
You are such an inspiration to me. I couldn't imagine going through cancer at 13. I was just telling Bug how brave you are. Your battle ended on a very positive note. I am very happy to hear that. Unfortunately, I could not donate a hat to your wonderful charity due to my mom *cough cough*. I hope your bravery and determination spreads to those around you!

Bug,
I cannot continue to tell you how brave of a son you have. I doubt I could have put up with having cancer, nonetheless beating it. Slink deserves everything he's getting. :)

What a wonderful success story. I hope you guys have a wonderful Friday the 13th (If it's possible to be lucky today... :rolleyes: )

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words:) I am a very lucky mom to have Ink as my son. Even though it is Friday the 13th I remind my self everyday how lucky we are. Ink is better, we have great friends, we have a trip in a few days and we have each other-life is great and I don't take a day for granted any more.
Thanks to all for all you have done :love:

Bug

Hi,

Here is the most recent picture of Slinkyman and Smalld. The 2 adults in the picture are his make a wish granters that made his wish trip happen. They took us all to dinner last night and brought all the information and goodies for the trip to us.

Bug

wishgrantersa.jpg

how wonderful! it is so inspiring to read Slink's journey as well as yours, bug. Those wonderful " wish granters " are also inspiring. Enjoy your upcoming trip....i hope it is full of wonderful magical memories!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter