Our Magical "Memories" Vow Renewal 5/24/16 : VOW RENEWAL DAY TRIP REPORT (with pics-more to come)

CITRICOS

citricos 4.jpg

Our experience with Citricos has been amazing so far.

We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary at Citricos and they treated us like royalty, plus we had one of the most delicious meals we have ever had on property!!! So Citricos seemed to be the natural choice for us when it came to deciding where to host a celebration dinner after our vow renewal. We also just love the ambiance of the restaurant and that it is located inside the Grand Floridian (which to me has the most "wedding feel" of all of the resorts.)

citricos 0.jpg

citricos 3.jpg

We contacted the restaurant manager and he has been extremely helpful and accommodating to all of our requests.
Here are the things we asked for :

1.) Light appetizers at Mizners Lounge

We will have almost an hour and a half to relax at Mizners and listen to the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra play. We plan on either buying a bottle of champagne or the first round of drinks for everyone but we also wanted to have some light snacks to nibble on. Since Citricos does not open until 5:30 and Mizners doesn't start serving food until 5:30 we asked Citricos if they could put together a cheese plate for us (enough to feed 6) and have it delivered to Mizners for 4:15 and they said that wouldn't be a problem- amazing! :)

(Mizner's Lounge)

mizner-lounge-gallery00.jpg t

(A cheese plate from Citricos)
cheese plate.jpg

2.) Personalized Menus

Since this is a reception" of sorts we didn't want our guests worrying about prices.We remembered that when we celebrated our 3rd anniversary Citricos had surprised us with personalized menus- so we asked if we could have personalized menus and also leave off the pricing info. The response was "of course- easy" ! :)

(example personalized menu)

citricos menu.jpg

3.) Reserved Table

Citricos does not typically reserve specific tables- but since our reservation is during the first seating of the evening they said we could reserve the exact table we were hoping for. We wanted to be away from the kitchen- and somewhere closer to the back of the restaurant at a round table by the windows overlooking the gardens. I found a layout of the restaurant and sent it to the manager and circled the table we are hoping for and he said we are approved for that exact table! :)

A Citcicos Master (1).jpg

(Here's a picture of the table in the restaurant)

Citricos 1.jpg

I can't wait to see what they create for our menus and the meal that evening. I know they will go above and beyond to make it amazing for us!

Last edited:
I adore everything, how exciting that everything is coming together so well - and so soon!!

OUR CEREMONY

We want our vow renewal ceremony to be a reflection of how we see our love, a celebration of our marriage and have touches of Disney throughout. Since we just weren't finding anything we loved for a vow renewal we decided to write our own. It's a complilation of some ceremonies I found online, words that we used during the ring exchange in our original wedding ceremony and some stuff we thought would be cute to add in.

Our officiant will carry the ceremony and readings in "Our Adventure Book" (which I think will look adorable in pictures)- after we will use the remaining pages as a scrap book of our entire vow renewal trip.

AB1.jpg

AB2.jpg

We plan to also write our own vows for the vow renewal ceremony. We are excited about this because during our wedding ceremony we decided to sing our vows (to an established song that we feel embodies our relationship) but we didn't write our own words to speak to each other. We are very excited to have the chance to finally speak from our heart in a kind of "officialized" manner.

Since we only have 4 guests each one will take part in the ceremony! 1 is our officiant, the other 3 will each do a reading.

Here is our ceremony that we have pieced together. Let me know what you think! :)

WELCOME

Once in a while, right in the middle of ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale.
True love, it’s a tale as old as time and some of us are lucky enough to find it in this life.
Paul and Staci, today we come together to give recognition to the worth and beauty of this love we see before us, understanding that true love is something so pure and so powerful that it can endure the challenges of life and withstand the tests of time. We celebrate your joy, your journey and your love here today in the warm-Florida- weather because some people are worth melting for.
Paul and Staci, 10 years ago, you took your wedding vows and embarked on a whole new world together. And though many things have changed in your lives since then, one thing has remained constant- your love. Your love is the kind that can make cynics believe in true love, it can make skeptics believe in soul mates and even villains believe in happily ever afters.
And though you have had your share of difficult times, despite them, your love for one another remained untainted and it has blossomed into the wonderful relationship we see today. Today you will add another chapter to your adventure book as you recommit yourselves to each other and to the promises you made 10 years ago.

CONSENT

Paul and Staci, is it your heart’s desire to publicly recommit yourselves to each other in marriage and to renew your vows of faithfulness and love? (yes)

ADDRESS

Staci and Paul, you have made your marriage, above all else, the most important thing on earth. You have chosen to make each other the most important person in your life. When you were first married you were very much in love. But as you look back on your years together, you realize now that your love at its beginning, although real and true, was only a shadow of the love you have for each other today. Through all the seasons of your life, you have grown deeper and deeper in love, and that love has matured into a precious and priceless companionship. There is no greater joy than to walk through this world with your one true match, sharing all the experiences that life may hold. The universe has chosen to bless you, Staci and Paul, with a lifetime of shared memories - shared joys, shared sorrows, and shared adventures-many of which still await you. These are memories which only the two of you have, only the two of you will share. And these are the souvenirs of your beautiful love which you have so deeply and gently imprinted on one another’s heart.

At this time we will hear some readings :

READINGS:

**Reading 1: “What’s Mickey without Minnie” (annonymous)

“What's Mickey without Minnie?
What's Piglet without Pooh?
What's Donald without Daisy?
That's me without you.
When Ariel doesn't sing,
and Pooh Bear hates honey,
when Tigger stops bouncing,
and Goofy isn't funny.
When Peter Pan can't fly,
and Simba never roars,
when Alice in Wonderland
can't fit through small doors.
When Dumbo's ears are small,
and happily ever after isn't true,
even then I won’t stop loving you”

**Reading 2: Winnie the Pooh – (A. A. Milne)

Piglet said to Pooh:
“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
“We’ll be Friends Forever, won’t we, Pooh?’ asked Piglet.
Even longer,’ Pooh answered.
“If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together… there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.”

**Reading 3: If I Never Knew You (Pocohantas)

If I never knew you
If I never felt this love
I would have no inkling of
How precious life can be
And if I never held you
I would never have a clue
How at last I'd find in you
The missing part of me.
In this world so full of fear, full of rage and lies
I can see the truth so clear in your eyes
And I'm so grateful to you
I'd have lived my whole life through
Lost forever -If I never knew you
If I never knew you- I'd be safe but half as real
Never knowing I could feel
A love so strong and true
I'm so grateful to you
I'd have lived my whole life through
Lost forever- If I never knew you

WEDDING VOWS

At this time Paul and Staci would like to share their vows of continued commitment with each other.
(Paul first, then Staci)

THE RINGS

Paul and Staci, you have been wearing rings as the outward symbols of your ongoing commitment to each other. Your wedding rings are a symbol of eternity, the circle of your life together. It has no beginning and no end-just as it is with love, love is a song that never ends. Let these rings continue to be a symbol of your never ending love song.
Paul, once again place a ring on Staci’s hand and reaffirm the pledge you made on your wedding day 10 years ago. Please repeat after me:
Staci you are more precious to me today than yesterday, / and you will be more cherished tomorrow than you are today. / Please wear this ring as a symbol of my eternal love for you, / a love that transcends all of our yesterdays, / all of our todays, / and all of our tomorrows.
Staci, once again place a ring on Paul’s hand and reaffirm the pledge you made n your wedding day 10 years ago. Please repeat after me:
Paul you are more precious to me today than yesterday, / and you will be more cherished tomorrow than you are today. / Please wear this ring as a symbol of my eternal love for you, / a love that transcends all of our yesterdays, / all of our todays, / and all of our tomorrows.

BLESSING

Paul and Staci, as you stand before us after 10 years of marriage, it’s clear to see that right in the middle of ordinary life love did give you both a fairytale. You have a love that is pure, a love that is priceless and a love that is permanent. May all that you are, always be in love. May all that is love, always be in you. May your love be as beautiful on each sunrise and sunset, as it is on this day of celebration. May each moment you share, be just as precious to you as the moment you first fell in love. As you grow old and grey together, may you only see each other as the perfect prince and princess standing before you today. May you always; whistle while you work, finish each others sandwiches, be completely Twitterpatted and wish upon endless stars together. And above all, may you eternally be each other’s best friend and greatest love.

PRONOUNCEMENT

Paul and Staci, having witnessed your vows of affirmation with all who are assembled here, I do affirm that you have expressed your desire to continue your beautiful journey as husband and wife. An ancient belief proclaims that when a couple shares a kiss of true love it unites their souls, because the spirit was said to be carried in one's breath. And now is the perfect time for your souls to unite once more- with true loves kiss. Paul, you may, KISS THE GIRL!
(they kiss)

It is my honor to present , once again, and for happily ever after -Mr. and Mrs. Paul Morin!

Last edited:
I loooove everything you have done--and chosen--and your vows are beautiful and touching. CONGRATULATIONS on (almost) ten years of marriage! I was married at WDW, so reading the trip reports brings back so many happy memories. I hope your day is wonderful, and all you hope it will be, and I wish you many, many more years of happiness.

Love this!! It will be spectacular!! We are renewing our vows for our 20th in October. Any advice that you've learned along the way you'd like to pass on?? Also, I'm trying to find a Disney like vow renewal certificate... Have you seen or know of any??

Love this!! It will be spectacular!! We are renewing our vows for our 20th in October. Any advice that you've learned along the way you'd like to pass on?? Also, I'm trying to find a Disney like vow renewal certificate... Have you seen or know of any??

Thanks- and congrats on your upcoming vow renewal! What package are you going with (Memories, Escape, Wishes)? I haven't seen a vow renewal certificate but I imagine you could make your own pretty easily (or have someone on etsy do it)!

I just love this so much - it's so creative! We booked our Memories Vow Renewal for our 10th Anniversary just today (at Luau Beach in Sept) & I was thinking we would do a religious ceremony. But now I feel like I'm squandering a good opportunity to do something unique given that we're in Disney my favorite place in the whole world!!

Can I ask what music you chose for the ceremony?

Oh my goodness, I was seriously tearing up reading your "reading" choices! Congrats to you and yours and best wishes on your upcoming magical day! This is something I'd love to do for our 10year anniversary. We've been married almost 9 years but together 18! I guess I better get planning! Do you mind me asking how long beforehand did you book and start planning?

I just love this so much - it's so creative! We booked our Memories Vow Renewal for our 10th Anniversary just today (at Luau Beach in Sept) & I was thinking we would do a religious ceremony. But now I feel like I'm squandering a good opportunity to do something unique given that we're in Disney my favorite place in the whole world!!

Can I ask what music you chose for the ceremony?

Yay- congratulations on booking your Memories Vow Renewal- we have had nothing but a wonderful experience so far with Disney Fairytale Weddings!

My music choices (I think are buried in my thread somewhere) are:

Bridal Party - I See the Light

Bride - A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Recessional - Spectromagic Theme

Let me know if you have any other questions- happy to help! :)

I loooove everything you have done--and chosen--and your vows are beautiful and touching. CONGRATULATIONS on (almost) ten years of marriage! I was married at WDW, so reading the trip reports brings back so many happy memories. I hope your day is wonderful, and all you hope it will be, and I wish you many, many more years of happiness.

Thank you so much! XOXOXO

Oh my goodness, I was seriously tearing up reading your "reading" choices! Congrats to you and yours and best wishes on your upcoming magical day! This is something I'd love to do for our 10year anniversary. We've been married almost 9 years but together 18! I guess I better get planning! Do you mind me asking how long beforehand did you book and start planning?

We decided on our 1 year anniversary that would we do a vow renewal on our 10 year in Disney. I got the Passporters Disney Weddings our 4 year and began researching stuff then. We started mapping out the type of elements we wanted to incorpporate around our 7 year. We started with solid planning last July and hit full throttle around December. ...sorry for the long answer! ;)

We decided on our 1 year anniversary that would we do a vow renewal on our 10 year in Disney. I got the Passporters Disney Weddings our 4 year and began researching stuff then. We started mapping out the type of elements we wanted to incorpporate around our 7 year. We started with solid planning last July and hit full throttle around December. ...sorry for the long answer! ;)
That's great! Thank you!

Wow, your big day is almost here. We are heading to WDW now on the Autotrain. Best wishes with everything. Will say hi if we bump into you.

Our wedding day.

image.jpg

Our 5 year anniversary trip.

image.jpg

I know I literally just said it on Facebook but HAPPY VR DAY!!!!!! Hope it's the most magical day and everything you wish it to be!

Love all of this! We are planning on a 25th anniversary vow renewal at the Poly beach.....in 4 years! Love your ideas!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter