Our standard view at VGF!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
3da8b9d246b12d15962e92d4e556a067_zpsa4aa02ce.jpg

c9efe7366dae27050d560b1524c82977_zps36095402.jpg

This is our first stay here, we are in a studio, and we are very satisfied in this resort. The CM's are attentive, when we see them in passing, we have been asked if they can help us!

There are little things, like "H2O soothing mint foot rub":) and other toiletries in the bath.

A CM took our picture. Beautiful lobby, and happy DVC'ers!

7b3d1fa70a5fad586a1ba81dd3b36c85_zps8292fc25.jpg

3da8b9d246b12d15962e92d4e556a067_zpsa4aa02ce.jpg

c9efe7366dae27050d560b1524c82977_zps36095402.jpg

This is our first stay here, we are in a studio, and we are very satisfied in this resort. The CM's are attentive, when we see them in passing, we have been asked if they can help us!

There are little things, like "H2O soothing mint foot rub":) and other toiletries in the bath.

A CM took our picture. Beautiful lobby, and happy DVC'ers!

7b3d1fa70a5fad586a1ba81dd3b36c85_zps8292fc25.jpg
We'll be there in September, so fill us in more as you go along! :thumbsup2

We are here now- staying in a 1br standard. We can see part of the lake, poly, the wedding pavilion, and best of all the monorail! The villas are great- having a checkin separate from the main resort was really nice and check in went smoothly. Anyways, there's nothing standard about our standard view!

We just went in The beginning of April and stayed in a 2 bdrm lake view. We loved it! I think my only complaints would be if you are on your patio and others are too, you are basically face to face with them. With the way the buildings are laid out you get lake view, but also right into your neighbors room view. It also would have been nice for the CSMs to be more attentive. We actually had to carry all of our luggage to the check in on our last day. This was after walking right by them and not one person offered to get a luggage rack for us. Maybe that is our own fault. It didn't bother us to do it, just would have been nice if they offered to help. The other thing was I wish there was a bus drop off at the actual building. I know it's not that far of a walk to the main building, but just saying, it would make it more convenient. Trust me, these small complaints by no means changed our opinions of the resort. It was beautiful!

One piece of advice, be sure you understand how to unlock the pocket doors in the bathroom before you close them!:goodvibes

It rained a bit yesterday afternoon and the bell service person brought people from the building to their cars so they would not get too wet. Perhaps it depends on who is out there, and if there is a cart there, but I thought that was very nice.

One piece of advice, be sure you understand how to unlock the pocket doors in the bathroom before you close them!:goodvibes

No kidding! I finally did the best I could to never let them close 100%. I was afraid I might never get it open again! :rotfl:

It rained a bit yesterday afternoon and the bell service person brought people from the building to their cars so they would not get too wet. Perhaps it depends on who is out there, and if there is a cart there, but I thought that was very nice.

What is a pocket door, do you have a picture?

What is a pocket door, do you have a picture?
I don't have a pic, but they're the doors that slide into and out of a wall rather than swinging on a hinge. They have them at the Grand Californian, too, but I didn't attempt to latch it. ;)

I don't have a pic, but they're the doors that slide into and out of a wall rather than swinging on a hinge. They have them at the Grand Californian, too, but I didn't attempt to latch it. ;)

We will also be there in September in a one-bedroom standard. Very interested in anything you're able to share!

Have a wonderful time, Bobbi. :goodvibes

Thank you!

I am getting better at unlocking the pocket door, but do prefer leaving them just a bit cracked. It is interesting because I can remember when BLT opened people complained about the pocket doors there not fully closing!

We are getting ready to leave for Vero Beach. My sister and her honey:love:are on their way from Atlantic City's airport. We'll meet them at MCO, then continue to VB and finally, the Panama Canal cruise and California!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Looks great! We check in on June 7th into a Standard View Studio as well. Which room number did you get? :)

We also loved the VGF during our stay mid January. We were in a 1 bdrm standard view 3rd floor with a view of monorail, the spa slightly to our right, and wedding pavilion sort of at an angle to our left with a slight view of lake. I'm curious as to how difficult it will be to book at the 7 month window (during non busy times, of course) after all points have been sold. We have no desire to buy points there (we have enough for our current needs and haven't yet decided whether to buy more points for longer stays during our retirement) but, would like to stay there occasionally if we're able to book at the 7 month window.

Hulles said:
Looks great! We check in on June 7th into a Standard View Studio as well. Which room number did you get? :)

We would also LOVE to try it soon. Looks AWESOME!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter