Packing items-What strange/helpful item do you bring???

pixeegrl

DIS Veteran
I know all about the shoe organizer! Which I never would have thought of-bought it already... But what other strange/useful things do you bring that others may not have thought of????

I haven't done this yet, but this year we are going to bring a power strip. A lot of times, we find that there aren't enough outlets to charge all of our cameras and cell phones at one time.

This trip I'm taking my Homer Simpson talking remote control organizer. I hate it when the kids use the remote and lay it somewhere and I have search the room.:happytv:

I always bring a small portable fan, it fits in the suitcase.
can't get to sleep without it.

w/ Alison on the power strip :thumbsup2

my OWN hairdryer (i'm a little picky :blush: )

spray airfreshener

ziplock baggies

rain ponchos (j/i/c)

we use retractable corded badge holders to keep AP & roomkey in (after all, whipping that key out ALL THE TIME for FOTL is a pain ;) )

make sure you take AAA card for discounts

That's all I can think of right now.....

I always bring a small portable fan, it fits in the suitcase.
can't get to sleep without it.

:thumbsup2 Sound like ya'll from the south to.We had no a-c growing up.Only our blessed fan..I cann't sleep without 1 either.

I send a few items by mail and one of them is usually a cheap toaster (I can find them for $10 at Walmart) to use for breakfast items. Also suction hooks, they are very handy for several things and you can use them everywhere! I also bring my own coffee, I drink spanish coffee so I bring my Bustelo. I have a very small travel coffee maker. HTH:thumbsup2

Bring coffee, filters and creamer for the room, suction cup hooks (Dollar Tree) to hang up pool towels and bathing suits, mesh laundry bags (Dollar Tree) for dirty laundry, disposable ponchos (Dollar Tree) snacks for car as well as hotel room, plenty of drinks for car as well hotel, lap top..

I just packed a Homer Simpson Soap on a Rope. That's pretty strange, isn't it?

They DO have retractable laundry lines in the shower for hanging swim duds and stuff...just so you know ;)

I bring clothes pins to hang clothes ont he aforementioned retractable clothesline. I'd hate for our swim suits to accidentally falla nd land in the toilet. Eww......:scared:

I can tell you that at HRH the coffee they provide is very good. I am sort of a coffee snob, but I left my beans, grinder and coffee maker at home and I very much enjoyed what was in the room. It is Emeril's. They leave coffee, decaf, tea, creamer, sugar, sweetener and I can't remember what else. I drink decaf and they only leave like two of those, and each one makes one cup of coffee, so I had to get extras, but no big deal. I drank like 5 cups a day it was good.

Here's a tip, however, if you don't like to use tap water, like me, make sure you have plenty of bottled water on hand. Each bottle of water makes two cups of coffee, almost exactly.

Another thing, the shoe bag is wonderful. . .but it didn't work very well for us at HRH. There was no room for the hooks to go over the door and the door to then close, plus there was a hook on the back of the door which protruded. DH just hung the bag from the hook on the back of the door and we made do. May not be the usual experience though. . . might've just been our room.

We took tons of snacks and drinks in suitcases with wheels since it's not so easy to just run out to your car, if you have one, to get more. We wheeled our snack and drink bags into our rooms and we had a cooler, on wheels, as well. We ate breakfast in our room quite a bit ( individual boxes of cereal, breakfast bars, yogurt, carnation instant breakfast, etc.) We also packed paper plates, bowls, and plasticware along with a roll of paper towels. We had several kids of juice, milk, water and a few other beverages. Each day when we set out, we put 2-3 bottles of water in our baggallini and that saved us from buying all those bottles of water, which at 2.50 - $4.00 a bottle, saved us quite a bit over all. When we went to city walk at night, we did the same thing.

Prepare and take a binder to keep track of all your documents, receipts, whatever you keep track of. It was priceless during our vacation, but we really wanted to know where we were spending our money and how we were doing budget wise. Keep extra notebook paper and pens with you, they came in handy more than once. Highlighter for park maps if you wish. . .it helps to highlight things you want to do, showtimes, etc. Mostly we used it at Sea World and Busch Gardens, but used it a couple times at Universal.

We took bag size baby wipes, handi wipes, hand sanitizer, tide pens and shout wipes in our baggallini and kept clorox wipes in our suitcase. I wiped down remote controls, light switches, door knobs etc on our first day at each hotel. Then used them a time a two after that for different things. We also kept travel size tissues with us. Besides having ziplock baggies in our suitcases, we kept a couple in our baggillini to put cell phones, etc in during water rides.

Thanks wwesing, I didn't even think of paper plates and utensils. Duh! and we are even driving down and eating in our room more than out. That would have been hard to do without them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter