Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he means the machines that existed pre-covid for peopel without smartphones to make Fastpass+ reservations at.

Yes. I forgot about those as I always used my phone and never needed the machines. Hoping there will be fast passes for my Sept trip! That I won’t have to pay extra for...

Last edited:
So you will paying for something that used to be included?

I am not sure how anyone could see anything positive in this.
That has been the narrative for some time now. :sad2: Watch the ability to buy the best fast passes coincide with a "non-discounted" room. Or something along those lines.

I have a trip planned for January. Tickets are bought. But I do think that it may not get real ugly in the near future, but it will at some point.

Read a report on Mickey Blog that FP+ machines were spotted at Epcot and MK. Some were turned on. :rolleyes1
Yes. I forgot about those as I always used my phone and never needed the machines. Hoping there will be fast passes for my Sept trip!
Seems pretty likely for September. I’m really really hoping for my mid july trip.
I'm pretty sure they are trying to have FP+ back In time for July 4th and the summer crowds with the increasing capacity. I still haven't heard an exact date, but if they are really turning on the machines I would think that means sometime in June.

As my source has confirmed to me and I've mentioned before, Disney is pushing to get as much back as soon as possible in order to increase capacity. FP+ is a part of that, as it increases guest satisfaction by giving them at least 3 shorter waits (even if it may offset with other longer waits for those that don't know the system as well) with the increased crowds, and keeps people staying onsite. Many shows, restaurants, and hotels are coming back over the summer too. I'm hoping APs and/or DDP are the next foot (feet?) to drop, but those are the 2 things my friend has still been silent about.

Josh from Resortv1 mentioned in his latest stream that he was told by guest services that AP sales will resume “Any Day Now.”
Awesome to hear! Thanks for that. I will be yelling at my friend later over a pint for keeping that from me.

Josh from Resortv1 mentioned in his latest stream that he was told by guest services that AP sales will resume “Any Day Now.”

Do we know if he has connections in GS? This sounds more like a “well it could be any day now, you just never know” response than one based on communication from management.

Do we know if he has connections in GS? This sounds more like a “well it could be any day now, you just never know” response than one based on communication from management.
I haven't seen the video mentioned, but Josh does come off as a very kind and genuine person in his videos. Usually when people ask him about stuff like this he's said he doesn't know. If he said he heard it from guest services then that's what happened. If it's wrong then... Well it wouldn't be the first time someone from guest services had wrong info, but I'd trust Josh.

Exactly. Anyone who has watched Resort tv knows they have zero connections to anyone at all at disney. Meaning, they answer a lot of questions from their chat all day long and some of the most basic questions they dont have an answer for or have no clue. I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt somehow the AP announcement trickled down to them.

Had you mentioned ANYONE else(Mongello, Testa/Hill, Mickey Views, even Ordinary Adventures) I would give the benefit of the doubt. But of all the people Resort TV... yea ... no.

If you were to ask me before I saw this thread the very last person on earth to go to for disney info it would be Resort1tv. Hands down. Literally the last, I would put more stock in a random guest walking by who heard something.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the video mentioned, but Josh does come off as a very kind and genuine person in his videos. Usually when people ask him about stuff like this he's said he doesn't know. If he said he heard it from guest services then that's what happened. If it's wrong then... Well it wouldn't be the first time someone from guest services had wrong info, but I'd trust Josh.
It was in his livestream Friday night from Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Comment was toward the later end of the stream from the lodge.

The jist of it is it will be part of Genie and the average price would be between $100 to $300 per person per day. It would also change to be more like Universal's system in that you no longer have to pick a time to come back.

But who are these people? Do they actually have a trqck record of being correct. I've never heard of them and no one else so far is saying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter