Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does for me if I'm able to avoid long waits.
Yup.
We could hit all our must do rides with little wait. Yup. Sign me up
I'd be all for this! I'm DVC and the times we stay on cash we usually stay deluxe. Throw in this hypothetical "lightning pass" and it's all the better!
Nope. You can't do it that way. If you throw it in with all the delux dvc members you dilute the value. The lightning lines would be bogged down with all the dvc members.
Universals pass works because only 3 hotels include it, and the amount sold to daily.guests is limited.

It does for me if I'm able to avoid long waits.
Yup.
We could hit all our must do rides with little wait. Yup. Sign me up
I'd be all for this! I'm DVC and the times we stay on cash we usually stay deluxe. Throw in this hypothetical "lightning pass" and it's all the better!
Nope. You can't do it that way. If you throw it in with all the delux dvc members you dilute the value. The lightning lines would be bogged down with all the dvc members.
Universals pass works because only 3 hotels include it, and the amount sold to daily.guests is limited.

Pure and utter made up baloney - so sick of pretenders spewing this kind of ridiculous clickbait to bring in the sucker.
He actually has a pretty good track record with rumours but we will see.

I may consider something like this for one day in a trip, probably MK. $100, maybe, $300 not a chance. I do think virtual queues will be used more. If the standby lines move pretty quick there may not be the need for the lightning pass for us peasants.

Peasants? Not having an extra $100 or $300 a day for everyone in your traveling party is hardly the realm of peasants. For those of us who go to WDW for a week and are already spending thousands of dollars, having an "extra" $700 to $2,100 per person added to the cost of tickets is significant.

When I read threads like this I get concerned that WDW is monitoring them, seeing what people's responses are, and pricing things accordingly. So, yeah, go ahead, let Disney know that you're fine with upping the cost of your trip by a few thousand dollars. I'm sure they'll be happy to take your money.

Peasants? Not having an extra $100 or $300 a day for everyone in your traveling party is hardly the realm of peasants. For those of us who go to WDW for a week and are already spending thousands of dollars, having an "extra" $700 to $2,100 per person added to the cost of tickets is significant.

When I read threads like this I get concerned that WDW is monitoring them, seeing what people's responses are, and pricing things accordingly. So, yeah, go ahead, let Disney know that you're fine with upping the cost of your trip by a few thousand dollars. I'm sure they'll be happy to take your money.
I agree that this is a pretty significant for anyone but those with fairly deep pockets. I am not one of them. I will buy these if I had to but the money I spend on shopping and sit down dining would be reduced to cover the cost. I'd even stay off site but since I don't drive that isn't an optioned I'd consider unless factoring uber costs ended up costing less. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would adjust the way they spend for this either. IF Disney goes for a pay for use fastpass system I doubt they would price it so high that they would then be losing the money in other areas.

Right. I've got a 12 day stay coming up with 10 park days. Granted, that's exceptionally long due to Covid-19 reschedules, but that would be $1000-$3000 per person. So for my family of 4, it's $4000-$12000 for the entire trip!

For perspective, for a 3 day stay it would be at least $1200 for our family of four, minimum, and once that's converted to Canadian funds it's $1500+. Quite honestly, no way do I see this being what actually happens. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot - not many of their normal (not DISboard) guests can or will pay that. And after having "free" FP+ for many years, it's going to create a lot of negative press.

This is honestly depressing and heart breaking if it comes to pass.

Yes indeed. I've been fearing this, and it might just be the straw that breaks this camel's back. They've been pandering to a bourgeoisie sense of privilege and exclusive experience for several years now, which is beginning to border on tacky. I'm not knocking nice things - I go to wdw yearly - I just can't stand the elitism that's now encompassing a trip to a theme park, even if it is the greatest theme park in the world. It's slimy.

For perspective, for a 3 day stay it would be at least $1200 for our family of four, minimum, and once that's converted to Canadian funds it's $1500+. Quite honestly, no way do I see this being what actually happens. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot - not many of their normal (not DISboard) guests can or will pay that. And after having "free" FP+ for many years, it's going to create a lot of negative press.
It does seem like it would encourage/incentivize shorter trips, no? Obviously this is all conjecture, but instead of my usual 7+ day trips, I shorten to 4 park days, get lightning pass to get the rides done and leave for home or to Universal. That's 3+ fewer days of resort, of meals, of souvenirs. Shrug, maybe that math works though, shorter trips, more people.

It does seem like it would encourage/incentivize shorter trips, no? Obviously this is all conjecture, but instead of my usual 7+ day trips, I shorten to 4 park days, get lightning pass to get the rides done and leave for home or to Universal. That's 3+ fewer days of resort, of meals, of souvenirs. Shrug, maybe that math works though, shorter trips, more people.

Honestly, I think for many, if you can afford Lightning Pass at all, you'll still be able to afford your normal trip. There are definitely some who will have to shorten their trip to compensate, then there are those like me, who can't even remotely afford it, and so depending on how bad the standby waits become, will cancel the trip I literally just booked a couple days ago, and will never step foot on Disney property again.

It wouldn't equal more people though because a lot of people would just opt out. What's the point of going if you can't afford to not stand in lines all day. Also there would be enough people who would watch others walk right by in the fastpass line that would think since they can't afford to do that then why bother coming back.

Everyone keeps saying that Universal does it so Disney will too. Universal isn't Disney. People don't spend 2 weeks exclusively at Universal. Disney knows this and aren't going to chase away their customer base. It's cheaper to keep a customer than gain one.

That's us too. We usually go for 8 to 10 days, and stay deluxe, and eat sit down. That would be cut down to 4 days since there really isn't a reason to go back to the park if I can knock out all my must do rides in one day. That's six less days at Disney for us! Hey Disney! I can't give you my money if I'm not there!

It wouldn't equal more people though because a lot of people would just opt out. What's the point of going if you can't afford to not stand in lines all day. Also there would be enough people who would watch others walk right by in the fastpass line that would think since they can't afford to do that then why bother coming back.

Everyone keeps saying that Universal does it so Disney will too. Universal isn't Disney. People don't spend 2 weeks exclusively at Universal. Disney knows this and aren't going to chase away their customer base. It's cheaper to keep a customer than gain one.
I so hope Disney feels this way! Because if they keep cutting the extras that made the Disney brand famous, they won't make loyal followers like those of us who can't wait to get there no matter what is different. At least the first time back, anyway. I have heard other times even before Covid that Disney big wigs only want the elite who are willing and able spend tons of money.

I can’t wait for a paid fast pass. Disney take my money if that means I can ride the same ride over and over (or at least get into the paid fast pass line again) and not have to mess with reserving a time. Sounds like a great idea and one they should have done years ago to match Universal. Excellent!

I can’t wait for a paid fast pass. Disney take my money if that means I can ride the same ride over and over (or at least get into the paid fast pass line again) and not have to mess with reserving a time. Sounds like a great idea and one they should have done years ago to match Universal. Excellent!
Again, Disney is not universal and the system at universal wouldn't work at Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter