Panoramic Disney Photos

I never think of using this feature on my camera....

Now you're making me realise all that I missed

Kaybird,
I love the 360! If I can display my ignorance by asking two questions:
1) Which program did you use to create the 360 panoramic? – and –
2) Do you have to use a special online host to display it online or can a regular photobucket account support it?

I also have a general question to those of you who have posted their panoramic photos – what program do you use to stitch your panoramics together? Even though I no longer use my Olympus, having graduated to a Fuji with a manual zoom, I still use CAMEDIA MASTER 4.0 to stitich my photos. I find now that I am not shooting with a camera with a specific panoramic setting when I go to stitch my photo together and I have properly overlapped the photos so that everything synchs up on the work space, when I stitch the photo (in both free hand stitch and auto) that I get seams and distortions? Any suggestions (mostly along the lines of inexpensive)?

CJ

Kaybird,
I love the 360! If I can display my ignorance by asking two questions:
1) Which program did you use to create the 360 panoramic? – and –
2) Do you have to use a special online host to display it online or can a regular photobucket account support it?

CJ

Glad you like them, try to do a couple of new 360's each trip now. Don't know if Photo Bucket will Handle them, I have my own server. I use MGI to stitch, will let you do an automatic preview, an then you can correct it as you wish. an .ivr code and a java applet make the 360 work. Here is the Jungle trek, flat and the360 link

JungleTrek.jpg

Sorry but I can't help you with specific stitching techniques.

I use Autostitch. It's really inexpensive. It's free. It does a really great job with panoramas. It not only does horizontal but it will also stitch your photos vertically as well - great for wide and tall shots in the same panorama.

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

Go to the bottom of the page and click on the download button. The demo version is ful functioning you just don't have access to the source code to change the program.

Andy

I love, love, love this idea!!! :thumbsup2 We are going in Sept and I will do this for our days in the parks and on the cruise!

I love the panoramic look and think they would look great framed and hanging. I have made several throughout the years, but stopped because I couldn't figure out a way to print them affectively. I took a photo class years ago and the instructor showed us some really great panoramas and some fantastic 360s. She said the paper costs $60 to print the 360s. My questions is, Where do you buy your paper and what is your average cost?. I'm not even sure my printer would handle the odd size of the paper, but would like to try.

do you need to stand routed to the spot and take the photos, or do you need to move across/sidestep as you take each one to get propertions right?

I just ran across this thread for the first time so I'm subscribing

I found a website quite a while ago that lets you upload an image and will make a poster of it for you however many full pages wide you want (you get to pick the paper orientation too)

It's http://www.blockposters.com/ and it's completely free. I'd reccommend taking the pdf it gives you to somewhere that has a color laser printer so that you won't use up hundreds of dollars in ink and the pages won't wrinkle.

these pictures make me want to find my old kodak camera.... I wonder if they still sell film for it!!! :goodvibes Pictures are very inspiring for my next trip!

great pictures :thumbsup2 I don't have any Panoramic photos i only bring my digital camera

you can use your digital camera to take panoramic pictures, some have a setting so the light settings stay constant after the first picture and come with software that will stitch, but if you look at the top of this page someone linked to a free program that will piece together the pictures for you

Any Photoshoppers out there? 7.0 and I believe 6.0 will take multiple pictures and put them together into a panorama as long as they overlap. I have done it before with pretty good success.

GL

We use Autostitch for this. It works very well and it's free.

I have to subscribe. We leave in June, I know my wife would love this type of stuff. We love our pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter