Park Crowds today [4/15/19] like turning on a faucet

We head to WDW this Friday, staying the 20th thru 28th. We are really not worried about the crowds ... too much. We were there this past Christmas week and though it was crazy crowded ( Crowd level 10 ) We really enjoyed it.

I’ve actually been pleasantly surprised this week. MK was really light on Sat and not bad on Sun. We were at DHS today and it was busy but not horrible. Our plans got kind of blown up by a long line for Jedi training and then TSMM having only one track working in the AM but other than that the day was manageable.

I've only ever been on Easter week, it's all I know. I'm a teacher and I mostly make this choice for the weather. If you use all you learn here on the Dis, you'll be fine. Crowds don't bother me, in fact, I feel like the excitement it brings adds to the magic. Like look at all these seas of people here together with one goal. I won't ever complain about crowds at Disney. I want everyone to experience the same magic I do.

I just looked. Swiss Family Robinson Tree House had a line -- it's time to go home!
It’s had a line in the afternoon on our last two trips, both of which were moderate crowd times overall (February and March, overall crowds around 7 I think although some days higher). I figured that was part of the new “Disney is always busy”.

My kid was annoyed last year that none of us were willing to stand in line for it, so this year when we passed it early in the day with no line he asked about it and we did it. He was SO disappointed in it, the long lines had raised his expectations too high!

It’s had a line in the afternoon on our last two trips, both of which were moderate crowd times overall (February and March, overall crowds around 7 I think although some days higher). I figured that was part of the new “Disney is always busy”.

My kid was annoyed last year that none of us were willing to stand in line for it, so this year when we passed it early in the day with no line he asked about it and we did it. He was SO disappointed in it, the long lines had raised his expectations too high!
LOL. I was going through the tree house once and a little kid in front of me asked his mom what ride they were in line for.

Over the past three years, we've been to Disney 7 times, all different times of the year with different crowd levels. I can honestly say I've never seen people waiting in the queue for this! Or maybe I'm just not paying attention!

I'm wondering now if this trend of "long weekend holiday crowds" are going to continue for Memorial Day Weekend as well. We have done this particular time of the year before, and found the crowds manageable, but I am wondering if this year the crowds and wait times are going to be more similar to the bigger holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving. We have a good plan of action in place, but still. Touring plans keeps raising the crowd levels and now has MK the Sunday before Memorial Day at a 10 and shows on my plan to now have BTMRR at a 40 min standby wait time 15 min after park opening....so this should be interesting :rotfl2:

We stopped going around Easter a few years ago. I work for a school so it always worked out for us when the kids were younger. We’ve been lucky enough to experience the parks for long enough to not have to go during most crowded times. We’ve never been Christmas week and we never will. For us, and this is just our HO, the crowds take too much of the time and comfort level out of it so we now stay clear of the two busiest times of year. That being said, I can’t wait to get back there!!!! Enjoy everyone!

This thread is making me smile...we are here now :) and having a good plan makes a difference! It is crazy busy for sure, but we knew that coming in. (Hey, we have no control over when school vacation or Easter is!) We rope dropped Soarin, then did Living with the Land with no wait. Had FP for Test Track, then FP for Nemo (longest FP line I have ever seen for that ride, crazy!) then last FP was for Figment. Still had time to enjoy the topiaries, gardens, and butterflies before lunch at Via Napoli at 11:30. Headed back to resort for a pool break but grabbed a FP for Frozen tonight before we see Night Ranger!!!! (So excited). Yes, it’s busy, but we are still having an amazing time!!!

ahhh - Night Ranger. We saw them last year. The only bad part was that their first show was acoustic. Had to stay for the electric set, and they totally rocked it. Great band, great show. ENJOY

As of 3:30 pm on Tuesday, the 16th:
Epcot: TT 60 mins; SE 40 mins, Soarin' 55 mins, FEA 70 mins
HS: SDD 95 mins, TOT 90 mins, RNRR 75 mins
AK: FOP 155 mins, KS 105 mins, Kali 130 mins, EE 40 mins
MK: Splash 130 mins, BTMR 80 mins, Space 130 mins, Buzz 30 mins, POTC 35 mins.

I'm so confused....... EE is only 40 minutes? And Buzz at 30? These wait times are all over the place. MK seems normal busy but at least Dumbo is only 50 mins :rolleyes: vs the 100 yesterday. Good news, too - Treehouse is only a 5 minute wait right now. LOL

Screen%20Shot%202019-04-16%20at%204.23.03%20PM.png

WOW!!! And no thank you. 4-15 via @easywdw

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter