Park hopper tickets available for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
So, I just saw park hopper tickets for sale and it says you do need park reservation but also that you can visit any of the parks via hopping... I am confused about how this will work? Anyone have any info on this?

So, I just saw park hopper tickets for sale and it says you do need park reservation but also that you can visit any of the parks via hopping... I am confused about how this will work? Anyone have any info on this?
This has been much-discussed.
Just because a ticket is being offered with the Hopper option, it doesn't mean that Hopping WILL be allowed starting at the earliest effective date of a 2021 ticket.
I would not automatically expect Hopping to be allowed early-on in 2021.
If Hopping is not being allowed and the guest has purchased the Hopper option, a refund
would be given for the Hopper portion of that ticket.
If Hopping does become available, the current park reservation system would be changed (or, eventually, dropped.)

Park hopper tickets have been available for 2021 since they first went on sale again in June, doesn't mean that it will be an option.

Park hopper tickets have been available for 2021 since they first went on sale again in June, doesn't mean that it will be an option.
You would think they would ammend so it doesn't give a false impression of what you are buying wouldn't you?

You would think they would ammend so it doesn't give a false impression of what you are buying wouldn't you?

Gives Disney more money in the coffers for the short term. Even if they have to refund it later they need it on the books right now.

I feel like Disney could easily reinstate hoping. Even if it's to lower crowd parks like Epcot and AK. Just add a portion to MDE that shows if hopping is open to a specific park, reserve your hop, and allow one hop per day. Disney just doesn't have any incentive to add extras right now when the park is mostly full of locals.

Last edited:
As others have said, just cause it's offered doesn't mean it's happening. Just look at Disneyland where they keep cancelling room reservations one week at a time. They could just cancel them for the next 4 months and still be accurate.

I would NOT buy a PH ticket right now and if by chance you are lucky enough that it is back on when you go then just add it on. You don't want to be in the position I am with 3 PH tickets purchased in Feb and I'll have to waste time at Guest Services in 3+ weeks to get that additional fee refunded back.

Gives Disney more money in the coffers for the short term. Even if they have to refund it later they need it on the books right now.

I feel like Disney could easily reinstate hoping. Even if it's to lower crowd parks like HS and AK. Just add a portion to MDE that shows if hopping is open to a specific park, reserve your hop, and allow one hop per day. Disney just doesn't have any incentive to add extras right now when the park is mostly full of locals.
Since when has HS been a low crowd park? Those are always the first reservations to book up. If they were to allow hopping it to just a couple of parks it would probably be Epcot or AK.

Since when has HS been a low crowd park? Those are always the first reservations to book up. If they were to allow hopping it to just a couple of parks it would probably be Epcot or AK.

Sorry. Huge typo on my part. I meant AK and Epcot. HS would be the one that would completely block hopping I would think.

Sorry. Huge typo on my part. I meant AK and Epcot. HS would be the one that would completely block hopping I would think.
Yes, definitely! I still have the feeling they need to reduce things at HS, that park can’t handle social distancing, social distance lines, and even 25% capacity. It’s just not well designed 😕

WDW approach to PH tickets seems confusingly optimistic.
  • They were telling those of us who had Aug-Dec 2020 vacations, "don't cancel your PH until the last minute, just it case hopping comes back." It didn't come back in 2020.
  • They are selling PH tickets for 2021 even though it's obvious they are a long way off from any real operations changes.
Is it a hustle to earn interest off our packages? I don't think so, we don't pay up front. It's just odd and confusing to sell PH before hopping has been decided.

Last edited:
Just buy a one park ticket. If hopping becomes available, upgrade to a hopper your first day in the parks.
great point... I called undercover tourist and they basically said if not available can get gift card to parks.. we already have our tickets from july cancelled trip... but there are 3 of us that dont so we have make that determination... thanks so much

WDW approach to PH tickets seems confusingly optimistic.
  • They were telling those of us who had Aug-Dec 2020 vacations, "don't cancel your PH until the last minute, just it case hopping comes back." It didn't come back in 2020.
  • They are selling PH tickets for 2021 even though it's obvious they are a long way off from any real operations changes.
Is it a hustle to earn interest off our packages> I don't think so, we don't pay up front. It's just odd and confusing to sell PH before hopping has been decided.
I hope so, I love hopping... crossing my fingers!

The general consensus is that will not be the determining factor. Especially since Josh said the reservation system is here to stay.
Yeah, reservation system is with us long term. Hopping will be back well before the reservation system leaves, if it ever does.

The reservation system is here until 2022, they’ve already announced that.

I haven't been paying much attention since moving our October trip to Nov 2021... glad I went ahead and paid the extra $ to change the dates on our tickets and make a reservation now! :upsidedow

If/when they drop the reservation system, I wonder how that will impact boarding groups for ROTR. It was just recently changed so that you can book a boarding group at 7am on the day of your DHS park reservation, which is an improvement from the previous process that required you to be scanned into the park which led to big crowds and long waits at the Skyliner at rope drop. This change tells me that the reservation system likely is a longer term solution. Behind the scenes, I presume they use the park reservations to track and manage crowds and projections which allows them to create models for future changes (both if numbers go up or for a slow progression to normal), and also for staffing needs.

I think its more likely they will roll out hopping again before the reservation system is dropped, but hopping will be intertwined with the reservation system. As PP said, perhaps you will have to reserve a second park for your hop. Or you'll be limited to one hop per day. Or you'll have the ability to go on the app to see which park has capacity to hop to. Something like that. For us, it would diminish the value of the park hopper pass if there are limitations like that, and its also not even worth hopping unless/until they extend park hours.

We spent a day at DS in August. We personally are not returning for a several day trip until park hopping returns.

This could easily return if before leaving a park you would goto a desk a grab a pass to park hop to another park if space available. We enjoy the other parks but really enjoy eating dinner at Epcot ( like everyone else. Lol)

I think this would bring in more money. Also would have People like us return faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter