Park Visit: Mon or Fri after Thanksgiving?

Porsche4

Mouseketeer
Just wondering what people's opinions are on days to visit the parks. I want to have a day off from the parks on our multiday trip the first week in December. I am wondering if we should take the Monday directly after Thanksgiving (2 Dec) or the Friday (6 Dec) of that week after Thanksgiving. Interested to hear peoples ideas on which of these days may likely be busier in the parks as that will be the day we take off.

Of course everything has changed so much over the last several years but once upon a time the week after Thanksgiving was the best week of the "holiday" season to visit.

Hi SOCALMouseMommy, I really value your input, you have given me wise words of wisdom many times before. Just to be clear you think I should take the Friday off and go to the parks Monday or vice versa. Thanks
If I’m reading it right, the choice is Monday 12/2 and Friday 12/6, correct? Mondays are almost always busier than anyone expects, and some people will extend their holiday weekend through Monday. I’d personally choose Friday over Monday any day unless it was the day after thanksgiving, which will be a very busy holiday weekend.

If I’m reading it right, the choice is Monday 12/2 and Friday 12/6, correct? Mondays are almost always busier than anyone expects, and some people will extend their holiday weekend through Monday. I’d personally choose Friday over Monday any day unless it was the day after thanksgiving, which will be a very busy holiday weekend.
Thanks so much for getting back to me that makes perfect sense and the way I was thinking too. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Thanks so much for getting back to me that makes perfect sense and the way I was thinking too. Thanks again for your thoughts.
If you can be there very early to rope drop I expect the morning could be quite nice. Locals will come in later afternoon and evening, especially for the holiday festivities but if you get a ton done in the morning it probably won’t matter too much of it gets busier in the later part of the day.

If you can be there very early to rope drop I expect the morning could be quite nice. Locals will come in later afternoon and evening, especially for the holiday festivities but if you get a ton done in the morning it probably won’t matter too much of it gets busier in the later part of the day.
Yes thats what I was thinking, hitting the park using EE (we are staying at the Villas, I am sooo excited) and doing what we can standby, having an afternoon break and returning in the evening riding with G+ which we can stack during the afternoon if the times are pushed out that far which they may well be. Also we can do the parades and fireworks on quieter nights and then hopefully the rides may not have as long a lines during those events on that particular evening so we might get some shorter wait times. I feel a lot more confident using G+ and with the way DL works now after my visit in 2022 so I feel like we should be okay to navigate our way around.

Black Friday was good for us the time we did it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter